Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wvftballfan View Post

Agree. Given the QB issues that WVU has it would be nice to bring in Bagent for a year and then redshirt the 4 star recruit they just got. If Bagent leaves Shepherd is going to be hurting. I didn't see anybody on the roster last that was ready to step. Maybe all of the roster turn over played into his decision to enter the transfer portal who knows.
    Good point. He might not be able to duplicate the past year at Shepherd. I think if he went to WVU, it would be the best of all worlds.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

Perhaps Shepherd gets in on Logan Leiby.
      They have the kid from Harrisburg,pa who will be a red shirt freshman. I hear they think he will be pretty good.

Comment

Originally posted by Boro33 View Post

They have the kid from Harrisburg,pa who will be a red shirt freshman. I hear they think he will be pretty good.
        Yea I've heard they are excited about him... and also Bagent's little brother is a junior right now and helped lead Martinsburg HS to another state title this year. Perhaps he could be the second coming. Obviously still growing but he's at least 4-5 inches shorter than Tyson.

You'd have to think with how prolific Shepherd's offense has been for about a decade now, it would be a popular spot for transfers to check out perhaps. All depends on what Tyson does though.

I'm hoping we'll hear something early next week. The journal article stated it was 2 weeks in the portal then decision time.

Comment

Um, that was a hypothetical

Comment

Originally posted by RocknTheSnackBar View Post

Um, that was a hypothetical
            Yeah, I don't really think he expected Saban to come calling.

Comment

Originally posted by wvftballfan View Post

Agree. Given the QB issues that WVU has it would be nice to bring in Bagent for a year and then redshirt the 4 star recruit they just got. If Bagent leaves Shepherd is going to be hurting. I didn't see anybody on the roster last that was ready to step. Maybe all of the roster turn over played into his decision to enter the transfer portal who knows.
              But you know Shepherd has a strong reputation in typically recruiting pretty good, and they usually grab a lot of key D-1 transfers that is from the MD/DC/NVa area.

Comment

Originally posted by Ram Tough View Post

Yeah, I don't really think he expected Saban to come calling.
                Alabama has 3 QBs in the transfer portal: QB Stone Hollenbach, from Southern Columbia H.S., QB Braxton Barker, and Paul Tyson great grandson of Bear Bryant. There is always room for walk -ons.

Comment

Originally posted by Boro33 View Post

I take it you mean the Powell kid who played for McDevitt.

Comment

Yes

Comment

• Originally posted by Boro33 View Post

??????Operative words being "will be". Depending on who is scheduled OOC, the RAMS first month could be challenging ( CAL, @KUTZ, @SHIP )
                      for a veteran, possibly a bit much for a Newbie. Maybe step back a bit from ODU quality in the first week.

Comment

• There is always a learning curve for qbs at any level, nfl incuded. If you surround young qbs with some talent and a solid oline, they are typi fine...given they have the talent required. A look at the young guns in the psac would seem to concur. West Chester has a red shirt freshman that played well this year. Second team east. IUP has a a young qb stepped in this year that played well. Mussina started for ship as a redshirt freshman a few years back and plyed very well. And as we all know Bagent started as a true freshman and played well. Playmakers are playmakers. Game managers are game managers.

Comment

• Originally posted by Boro33 View Post
                          There is always a learning curve for qbs at any level, nfl incuded. If you surround young qbs with some talent and a solid oline, they are typi fine...given they have the talent required. A look at the young guns in the psac would seem to concur. West Chester has a red shirt freshman that played well this year. Second team east. IUP has a a young qb stepped in this year that played well. Mussina started for ship as a redshirt freshman a few years back and plyed very well. And as we all know Bagent started as a true freshman and played well. Playmakers are playmakers. Game managers are game managers.
                          My point was because of the PSAC scheduling a team's year can be silly easy as CAL'S was last year OR brutal such as SHEP'S. IMO, a first year QB doesn't get through @ODU, @GAN, @IUP, KUTZ and SHIP better than 2-3. TB managed 4-1 including impressive road Ws in Columbus and Indiana. Should he decide to move up ( I'll guess less than 50% chance) his replacement, even JR Timmy Townsend ( 5'11"/180#) will have a lot to learn before being thrown to the wolves. Once again I don't think it will come to that, but depending on who fills the OOC spot, a first time, full time QB will be up against it. Of course, time will tell.

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt Burglund View Post

I disagree. It's not like the key to getting to the NFL is winning college games. No scout is going to say "let's sign this guy because his team went 9-2 and that other guy went 7-4." It's about what you can do as a player.

If he stays at Shepherd, will his stock rise at all? Maybe a little bit.

I think if he goes D1 and plays well, his NFL stock would rise higher because it shows he can do it against better competition. He's already shredded the PSAC. What does doing it again prove? Unless, as I said in an earlier post, his right-hand-to-God goal is to win a national championship at Shepherd and the NFL is secondary.

Comment

• Comment

• Our guy is staying home.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X