Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EdinboroFB
    replied
    I guess that's open to interpretation. All I heard was coach speak.

Some new faces on the OL = we lost 3x 3-4 year starters (and a lot of the backups) and will possibly have multiple true freshman OL starters. And seems like it's both tackle spots. the game notes from the sru game last year all 4 OT's listed on the 2-deep are gone.

The news guy says you lost 6 of the top 9 tacklers = were gonna be fast and surprise some ppl.
    DL has 1-2 guys with significant experience that's out of 7-8 guys rotating thru especially early hot games. Every position group on D will have plenty of new faces in the rotations. Many being true freshman.

We ended last year well = we beat Clarion by 7 and were heavily outgained by Millersville but blocked two punts and recovered a fumble deep in Ville territory in the 2nd qtr to get a big lead.

Seems like a seasoned pro talking about excitement and minimizing problems. Like all coaches in August. Coach speak = always selling optimism. You have to.
    Young inexperienced guys tend to look better practicing vs other young inexperienced guys than vs other teams with experienced college players.

The schedule helps.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post
    Local interview with Nulph. I have to say its really nice to hear a coach speak in depth about his team without coach-speak and cliches.

https://www.erienewsnow.com/clip/153...fighting-scots
    Give him time. He's young.

I think they eventually take courses on how to speak for 120 straight seconds without actually saying anything.

While dealing with the media is a cakewalk in D2, we do have some very colorful coaches in the PSAC ... mainly in men's basketball.

Our football coaches in the PSAC mostly all sound like robots.

Leave a comment:

• Fightingscot82
    replied
    Local interview with Nulph. I have to say its really nice to hear a coach speak in depth about his team without coach-speak and cliches.

https://www.erienewsnow.com/clip/153...fighting-scots

Leave a comment:

• Fightingscot82
    replied
    Late signee. Jacob Miller, QB, 6-1 195, McKeesport. Had an offer from Cal.

Leave a comment:

• CALUPA69
    replied
    Originally posted by CoachMalpica View Post
    Hey thanks for having this blog available super excited to follow my son Zach and his new Boro Brothers over next few years. What the rest of these posters and PSAC opponents don't know behind the scenes what's happening there.. Coach Nulph and DC Coach Papley and OC Coach Demaio passion and energy and what they are building there is going to pay dividends soon especially with how many young players they used last year and adding the talent from Florida they just added as well as signing regional kids who held several other PSAC offers yet still chose Edinboro. I have been a youth and HS coach for over 12 years. Played in College at Lenoir rhyne and Arena 2 years for Orlando Predators. Look forward to being a passionate participant.
    Not just saying because he is my son but he is 6'3 225 LB/ATH D1 Size Stength Speed and Ability in current landscape just fell through the cracks.
    Forgot to mention that a lot of information and history is available from the the posters on this forum. Feel free to ask whatever questions pop up with regard to other teams, the league or SR1.

Leave a comment:

• IUPNation
    replied
    Hey thanks for having this blog available super excited to follow my son Zach and his new Boro Brothers over next few years. What the rest of these posters and PSAC opponents don't know behind the scenes what's happening there.. Coach Nulph and DC Coach Papley and OC Coach Demaio passion and energy and what they are building there is going to pay dividends soon especially with how many young players they used last year and adding the talent from Florida they just added as well as signing regional kids who held several other PSAC offers yet still chose Edinboro. I have been a youth and HS coach for over 12 years. Played in College at Lenoir rhyne and Arena 2 years for Orlando Predators. Look forward to being a passionate participant.
    Not just saying because he is my son but he is 6'3 225 LB/ATH D1 Size Stength Speed and Ability in current landscape just fell through the cracks.
    Welcome aboard.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post
    Wasn't the original question where is Edinboro getting the money to sign a class with 21 out-of-state recruits?

Plus, I don't understand these recruiting classes of 40 or more recruits. Is it because they are losing so many players, or what? Maybe somebody can help me with this.
    Some teams had an enormous amount of seniors and bonus-year seniors last year. I think Shepherd had like 36 or 38.

So, those teams took heavy losses. Hence the huge hauls this year.

Leave a comment:

• iupgroundhog
    replied
    Wasn't the original question where is Edinboro getting the money to sign a class with 21 out-of-state recruits?

Plus, I don't understand these recruiting classes of 40 or more recruits. Is it because they are losing so many players, or what? Maybe somebody can help me with this.

Leave a comment:

• CALUPA69
    replied
    Welcome to the PSAC board which as you can see is, by a country mile, the most visited forum in the D2 FOOTBALL world. If you haven't already you should do some catch up reading on the "PASSHE institutions merging" thread as this will be of interest to you and your son in the future. As the foundation of a very large conference, PASSHE schools have a great deal to say about the future of the entire conference. Unfortunately the future of PASSHE is determined by the assorted knuckleheads in the Harrisburg state legislature and that is never a good thing. Feel free to do your worst when playing all the assorted villainous teams in the league, but expect no mercy when you encounter the VULCANS of CAL U.

Leave a comment:

• CoachMalpica
    replied
    Wilfredo Diaz LB 6-0 185 Miami, Fla. / West Broward McDougle Technical Institute
    Taquill Langley SAF 6-0 180 Rosselle, N.J. / Meadowcreek Franklin & Pierce
    Zach Savage LB 6-0 210 Strongsville, Ohio / Strongsville Otterbein University
    Noah Thompson SAF 6-1 190 Marion, Ohio / Marion Harding Gannon University
    Malachi Charleston DL 6-3 235 Olean, N.Y. / Canisius Milford Academy
    Mikkel Miller SAF 6-0 165 Maple Shade, N.J. / Eastern Regional
    Joshua Ruppert OL 6-2 290 Pittsburgh, Pa. / North Allegheny
    Zachary Malpica LB 6-3 225 Cape Coral, Fla. / Ida S. Baker
    Kyrell Hutcherson CB 6-2 185 Pittsburgh, Pa. / North Allegheny
    Joseph Fazzone DL 6-2 225 Hermitage, Pa. / Hickory
    Anthony Gentile DL 6-2 245 Greenville, Pa. / Greenville
    Bryce Enders FB 5-10 200 Harrisburg, Pa. / Bishop McDevitt
    Gavin Ennis WR 6-1 190 Erie, Pa. / Harborcreek
    Myles Wallace DL 6-1 245 Harrisburg, Pa. / Central Dauphin
    Dylan McWilliams OL 6-4 300 Pittsburgh, Pa. / Northgate
    Garrett Hannah OL 6-0 256 Erie, Pa. / North West Pennsylvania Collegiate Academy
    Kaden Spiegel DL 6-1 230 Stow, Ohio / Stow-Munroe Falls
    Henri Peltier OL 6-1 290 Patchogue. N.Y. / Bayport Blue Point
    Brayden Dunmire LB 6-1 230 Vandergrift, Pa. / Kiski Area
    Zidane Thomas LB 6-0 200 Pittsburgh, Pa. / Fox Chapel
    Angelo Bartolini LB 6-0 195 Saltsburg, Pa. / River Valley
    Teagan Brown WR 6-0 180 Severn, Md. / Archbishop Spalding
    Cole Pearlman OL 6-5 285 Clarence Center, N.Y. / Clarence
    JR Tellington DL 6-3 270 Youngstown, Ohio / Chaney
    Logan Dexter SAF 6-3 180 Pittsburgh, Pa. / Springdale
    Antonio Brown CB 5-10 185 Baltimore, Md. / Dundalk
    Calvin Stokes CB 6-0 175 Baltimore, Md. / Dundalk
    Devon Green RB 5-5 180 Claymont, Del. / Delaware Military Academy
    Austin Nease OL 6-4 280 Bulger, Pa. / Burgettstown
    Asahn Bey CB 6-1 180 Pittsburgh, Pa. / Seton LaSalle
    Keon Anderson RB 6-0 220 Cape Coral, Fla. / Island Coast
    Bo Swartz QB 6-2 200 Rural Valley, Pa. / West Shamokin
    Logan Hannah LB 6-0 200 Erie, Pa. / Collegiate Academy
    Mathew Hilty SAF 6-1 195 Apollo, Pa. / Kiski Area
    Logan Brooks WR 5-10 175 Plum, Pa. / Plum
    Tyler Hayes OL 6-1 290 Chenango Forks, N.Y. / Chenango Forks
    Donald Lockett Jr. DL 6-0 287 West Palm Beach, Fla. / Palm Beach Lakes
    Kamar Meza CB 5-10 175 Miami, Fla. / Gulliver Prep
    Jayvon Only SAF 5-10 195 Miami, Fla. / Gulliver Prep
    Blaize Richards OL 6-2 305 Pittsburgh, Pa. / Baldwin
    Tristan Waldier SAF 6-2 203 West Newton, Pa. / Yough

Leave a comment:

• CoachMalpica
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Fightingscot82
    replied
    Did my best to look for who they missed on:

IUP - 3

Clarion - 2
    Notre Dame OH - 2
    Shepherd - 2
    Slippery Rock - 2

Akron - 1
    Ashland - 1
    Bowie State - 1
    California - 1
    Dartmouth - 1
    Duquesne - 1
    Eastern Illinois - 1
    Gannon - 1
    Kent State - 1
    Lake Erie - 1
    Mercyhurst - 1
    Morgan State - 1
    Penn State - 1
    Presbyterian - 1
    Siena Heights - 1
    Stony Brook - 1
    SUNY Brockport - 1
    VMI - 1
    Wheeling - 1

Leave a comment:

• Fightingscot82
    replied
    Two more:

Joey Fazzone, TE/DE, 6-2 225, Hickory.

Kyrell Hutcherson, DB, 6-2 180, North Allegheny

Leave a comment:

• Fightingscot82
    replied
    Tyler Hayes, OL, 6-1 290, Chenango Forks (NY). Had a PWO offer from Buffalo.

Leave a comment:

• Ram040506
    replied
    Man yea, seems like Edinboro has gotten some big fellas here.

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X