Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shepherd 2022

Scrolling through Twitter, saw a few offers from Shepherd for the following:

Jacob Barrick Martinsburg HS Martinsburg, WV TE/DE- 6'3" 220 llbs
    Ayo Myers Mergenthaler Vo-Tech High School Baltimore, MD- 6'2" 265 lbs DT
    Matthew Benny Spalding HS Severn, MD- DT/OL 6'2" 290 lbs
    Michael Craig North Point HS Waldorf, MD- 5'9" 170 lbs RB
    Dalan Johnson Dundalk HS Baltimore, MD- 6'1" 300 lbs DT
    Derick Adames Northwest HS Germantown, MD- 5'11" 168 lbs DB

Already got our big recruit for 2022 in Tyson Bagent coming back for his senior year. Should be in good hands on offense. Going to be real interested to see how the defense shapes up as there was some decent young talent on the 2 deep. However, an average Ram defense is replacing 9 out of 11 starters and graduated 29 guys. A lot of new faces for the fall. I'm sure the transfer portal will heat up a bit post spring ball when the D1 teams start to take real shape.

GO RAMS!

Originally posted by Ram040506 View Post
    Scrolling through Twitter, saw a few offers from Shepherd for the following:

Jacob Barrick Martinsburg HS Martinsburg, WV TE/DE- 6'3" 220 llbs
    Ayo Myers Mergenthaler Vo-Tech High School Baltimore, MD- 6'2" 265 lbs DT
    Matthew Benny Spalding HS Severn, MD- DT/OL 6'2" 290 lbs
    Michael Craig North Point HS Waldorf, MD- 5'9" 170 lbs RB
    Dalan Johnson Dundalk HS Baltimore, MD- 6'1" 300 lbs DT
    Derick Adames Northwest HS Germantown, MD- 5'11" 168 lbs DB

Already got our big recruit for 2022 in Tyson Bagent coming back for his senior year. Should be in good hands on offense. Going to be real interested to see how the defense shapes up as there was some decent young talent on the 2 deep. However, an average Ram defense is replacing 9 out of 11 starters and graduated 29 guys. A lot of new faces for the fall. I'm sure the transfer portal will heat up a bit post spring ball when the D1 teams start to take real shape.

GO RAMS!
    Great that TB is back and equally important is the return of his #1 target Ryan Beach. It does look like targets #2-Gontarek SR, #3- Leonard GR and #5-Moss GR have apparently finished their careers. Is their enough in house from Morgan, Polce, Cook, Dove, Brown, Jones, Moore and Lewis to fill the holes or do the RAMS need to hook onto some outside help ?

Comment

Originally posted by CALUPA69 View Post

Great that TB is back and equally important is the return of his #1 target Ryan Beach. It does look like targets #2-Gontarek SR, #3- Leonard GR and #5-Moss GR have apparently finished their careers. Is their enough in house from Morgan, Polce, Cook, Dove, Brown, Jones, Moore and Lewis to fill the holes or do the RAMS need to hook onto some outside help ?
      They are an attractive place for hired gun receivers for obvious reasons. I think they'll look to bring in 1 or 2 transfer portal types, which has been the norm the last few years. Gontarek and Moss were both transfers. Running back situation should be good with Brown and Hebron back.

I'm particularly excited to see if the return of coach Faunteroy for the DL (this past season was his first year back). He was with the Rams during the early 2010's through I think 2016, which we had a TON of talent on the DL. Need to get back to that to have any semblance of a shot out of region. Need beef and pass rushing more than anything.

Comment

Nehemai Cross Seneca Valley HS Germantown, MD 6'3" 185 lbs WR/Ath- Committed today on twitter.

Antonio Wilkins WR/DB Theodore Roosevelt HS Washington, DC 5'11" 160 lbs- Via twitter has an offer from Shepherd.

Comment

How is the best WR in West Virginia absent from the Shepherd offer list? That would be Hudson Clement, he can fill in for the WRs leaving. Barrick would be a nice add too at TE. What about Christian Slack OL/DT? Just my 2 cents from watching Martinsburg all year on channel 10 WRNR.

Comment

From what I can tell from Tom Glancying twitter, Turns out both Clement and Slack visited Shepherd. Slack also visited Concord. Clement has an offer from Morhead State. My 86 yr old father was a walk on at Morehead state back in 1956. He told me he left because they wouldn't give him a scholarship unless he made the team and he thought he was going on scholarship. My grandmother threw the BS flag and said he left because he was homesick, good old grandma keeping it real, hahaha.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPMonk View Post
              How is the best WR in West Virginia absent from the Shepherd offer list? That would be Hudson Clement, he can fill in for the WRs leaving. Barrick would be a nice add too at TE. What about Christian Slack OL/DT? Just my 2 cents from watching Martinsburg all year on channel 10 WRNR.
              Agreed, although maybe they were offered and the player just didn't announce it on twitter. I was grabbing what I could see on a half assed twitter search, so take that for what its worth lol.

Clement would be a great grab, I though Barrick would be more DE than TE, but who knows.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPMonk View Post
                From what I can tell from Tom Glancying twitter, Turns out both Clement and Slack visited Shepherd. Slack also visited Concord. Clement has an offer from Morhead State. My 86 yr old father was a walk on at Morehead state back in 1956. He told me he left because they wouldn't give him a scholarship unless he made the team and he thought he was going on scholarship. My grandmother threw the BS flag and said he left because he was homesick, good old grandma keeping it real, hahaha.
                I don't think that Morehead offers scholarships, do they?

Comment

Originally posted by Ram Tough View Post

I don't think that Morehead offers scholarships, do they?
                  You're right, they're Pioneer, so no football scholarships. I've noticed more often this year that regardless, Pioneer schools are still sold as "D1 offer" and DIII conversations are being billed as "offers". I guess its possible for them to promise a roster spot just like a PWO.

Comment

Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

You're right, they're Pioneer, so no football scholarships. I've noticed more often this year that regardless, Pioneer schools are still sold as "D1 offer" and DIII conversations are being billed as "offers". I guess its possible for them to promise a roster spot just like a PWO.
                    I have a cousin who played football at Morehead in the late 90s. I remember that he got some financial help, but kids going to schools in the old WVIAC we're getting more. Of course, that was 25 years ago.

Comment

jt kouame yao
                      @KouameJt

Comment

Brian Jester TE/FB 6'4" 245 lbs St Frances Baltimore, MD- Committed to Shepherd, highlights against St Thomas Aquinas were pretty good. Very aggressive blocking and looks to punish.

Comment

Two big concerns I have for Shepherd next year are the offensive and defensive line. Offensive line returns two starters in Fisher and Moret-Brunet. The defensive line did rotate a lot of people last year. I'm sure those returning now fully understand the benefits of the weight room and what it's going to take a the very top levels. I do believe Jack Baxter will be an impact player, but I'm not sure who's going to step up or fill in. I'm hoping the transfer portal send help here. We'll see.

Comment

Originally posted by Monte's Catering Co. View Post
                            Two big concerns I have for Shepherd next year are the offensive and defensive line. Offensive line returns two starters in Fisher and Moret-Brunet. The defensive line did rotate a lot of people last year. I'm sure those returning now fully understand the benefits of the weight room and what it's going to take a the very top levels. I do believe Jack Baxter will be an impact player, but I'm not sure who's going to step up or fill in. I'm hoping the transfer portal send help here. We'll see.
                            OL should be fine I think. McCook specialty there and they always get it figured out since he's been there. Think they've recruited well too.

DL is a big concern. They got mauled against Ferris. I've never seen a Shepherd team get steamrolled like that, and those were seniors. Granted that could have been THE team that will end up in D2 lore, but that was bad. I like Baxter as well, he's definitely the next man up for the interior. There was nobody that caught my eye beside him though. #9 was a good DE as well, but skinny. They need immediate contributors on the DL, that we probably won't see until fall camp. Or some guys really need to grow up quickly.

Comment

Originally posted by Ram040506 View Post

OL should be fine I think. McCook specialty there and they always get it figured out since he's been there. Think they've recruited well too.

DL is a big concern. They got mauled against Ferris. I've never seen a Shepherd team get steamrolled like that, and those were seniors. Granted that could have been THE team that will end up in D2 lore, but that was bad. I like Baxter as well, he's definitely the next man up for the interior. There was nobody that caught my eye beside him though. #9 was a good DE as well, but skinny. They need immediate contributors on the DL, that we probably won't see until fall camp. Or some guys really need to grow up quickly.
                              Problem with installing 3 new offensive linemen is they will take time to gel as a unit. Our first four PSAC games are against Edinboro, California, Kutztown and Shippensburg and that doesn't take into account who our opener may be. Good news is we can play the short game and Bagent is an athlete. Bad news is you'll lose some weapons to having to protect on deeper plays.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X