Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WarriorVoice View Post

How many roster spots does Ernie have to work with??
    Well, they lost like 35 or 37 players from last year due to graduation or eligibility expiring. So, they had a lot of open spots to fill.

Comment

SHEPHERDSTOWN, W.Va.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

Well, they lost like 35 or 37 players from last year due to graduation or eligibility expiring. So, they had a lot of open spots to fill.
        Worked the heck out of the DMV - 5 players from WV that are a spit away from the campus. I think at some point, they will need to expand their recruiting efforts a bit further South down I-81. So much talent in the 757 (I know, still part of the 'V' in DMV) but my daughter's high school (Oscar Smith) has a ton of studs that are totally overlooked if they don't hit with UVA/Tech - I'd love to see them recruit more in NC and SC as well.

Comment

Isiah Nixon DB has entered the transfer portal. I thought he had some promise, good size for a DB. 3 years of eligibility remaining, guess he didn't like what the depth chart was shaping up like.

Comment

Originally posted by Ram040506 View Post
            Isiah Nixon DB has entered the transfer portal. I thought he had some promise, good size for a DB. 3 years of eligibility remaining, guess he didn't like what the depth chart was shaping up like.
            The chart, bringing in 10 DBs this class and who knows, maybe an individual(s) coming our way via the portal might all have something to do with it? I might have missed it, but I don't believe I've seen any info regarding any transfers coming in to Shepherd as of yet - have you? I would have thought a couple WRs might have jumped over to play their final year with TB.

Comment

Originally posted by nova2wv View Post

The chart, bringing in 10 DBs this class and who knows, maybe an individual(s) coming our way via the portal might all have something to do with it? I might have missed it, but I don't believe I've seen any info regarding any transfers coming in to Shepherd as of yet - have you? I would have thought a couple WRs might have jumped over to play their final year with TB.
              Nothing other than a handful transferring out that weren't big contributors. I think we'll start seeing transfer news at the end of the month or mid next month as some of these schools wrap up the school year.

On a more proud alum note, seeing more than 20 guys graduate from the Shepherd program during graduation ceremonies is really awesome to see. They noted each one on twitter, really awesome that a lot of them finished up the right way and got that degree.

Comment

Worked the heck out of the DMV - 5 players from WV that are a spit away from the campus. I think at some point, they will need to expand their recruiting efforts a bit further South down I-81. So much talent in the 757 (I know, still part of the 'V' in DMV) but my daughter's high school (Oscar Smith) has a ton of studs that are totally overlooked if they don't hit with UVA/Tech - I'd love to see them recruit more in NC and SC as well.
                I'm a little surprised that Shepherd didn't bring in more than one from Southern MD. In the past, they have gotten a few high caliber players from that area.

Comment

Originally posted by boatcapt View Post

I'm a little surprised that Shepherd didn't bring in more than one from Southern MD. In the past, they have gotten a few high caliber players from that area.
                  I think the OC was the guy who probably was assigned that area, and unfortunately after the season ended he left. So probably more due to a lack of presence. You are right, they have had great success in the SMAC down in Calvert County area.

Comment

I think the OC was the guy who probably was assigned that area, and unfortunately after the season ended he left. So probably more due to a lack of presence. You are right, they have had great success in the SMAC down in Calvert County area.
                    McCook used to be the SMAC recruiter but that was before he was the HC. I would imagine that he has a minion work that area now. I for years advocated to the WLU staff that they should recruit that area as it was way under recruited by DII's (even with Shepherds heavy involvement) but they just had zero interest. I finally gave up.

Comment

Shepherd recently offered Ezra Bagent QB out of Martinsburg, WV. Brother of Tyson Bagent.

Not as big as Tyson, but certainly slings it around the field similarly. Would be great to get another 4/5 years of that family with the program!

Comment

Originally posted by boatcapt View Post

McCook used to be the SMAC recruiter but that was before he was the HC. I would imagine that he has a minion work that area now. I for years advocated to the WLU staff that they should recruit that area as it was way under recruited by DII's (even with Shepherds heavy involvement) but they just had zero interest. I finally gave up.
                        Roger does what Gary tells him to do!

Comment

Shepherd lost DL coach Ramal Faunteroy yet again... this time he took the same position as the DL coach at Morgan State University. Good for Ramal, hope Ernie and Kline had a few guys on speed dial to quickly get in to replace him.

Comment

Shepherd lost DL coach Ramal Faunteroy yet again... this time he took the same position as the DL coach at Morgan State University. Good for Ramal, hope Ernie and Kline had a few guys on speed dial to quickly get in to replace him.
                            Good luck to Ramal.

Comment

Just curious if anyone has seen/heard of any potential portal transfers heading to Shepherdstown. I've been checking twitter and a few other outlets but haven't seen anything. I wasn't too sure if it's too early and we'll see some next month?

Comment

Just curious if anyone has seen/heard of any potential portal transfers heading to Shepherdstown. I've been checking twitter and a few other outlets but haven't seen anything. I wasn't too sure if it's too early and we'll see some next month?
                                The last one that I saw was the long snapper from NDC. And he'll be a big help. But I have missed it if any since then have come in.

On a side note, I may be able to make a trip to Ram Stadium in the fall.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X