Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think it’s okay. There’s only so much you can do if you’re going to use a ram image and with there already being tons of them out there. As ram logos go, I think the LA Rams logo is pretty cool but I’m guessing the budget to produce that was a little higher!

There are versions I’ve seen of the IUP logo that I don’t care for so I guess when it’s your team you have stronger feelings about it. More merch!

Comment

• Originally posted by Ram Tough View Post
      The school has now announced the new logo. And it looks like they have added the Rams script logo above it to maybe differentiate it from West Chester's. As I said on Facebook, I think this is a miss, but there's already a lot of money invested in this logo, so it is what it is.

I also wonder if the delay was to add the script. It didn't go over well with some people, including myself. Or maybe it was already supposed to be like this. Either way, this is the new logo.

I just think its unnecessary. I'd be curious as to what their motivation is. Unless it was "gifted" in some way, this logo design cost tens of thousands of dollars. A D2 school not named Grand Valley State doesn't sell enough merch to justify the change and have competing logos out there. The current ram logo is just fine.

Comment

I mean, you just eventually just have to accept it for what it is.
        Agree! I recall back in the early 90's we had a plastic lower-case cursive 'RAMS' sticker slapped on our helmets (never replaced during the season) - half way through it, mine was read as 'tums' - with the season we were having - it was fitting.

Comment

• Talk of rivalries on the IUP board got me thinking about who do you think Shepherd’s are now?

Ship will always be a mainstay, but it’s been quite one sided for a while unfortunately.

kutztown is looking like it’s going to be a yearly battle and a lot of high stakes. I’d say they are in the present developing into our main rival.

looks unlikely that we will be able to relive any rivalries with the old WVIAC teams since they never will make the postseason.

IUP is always high stakes and even though Shepherd has had the upper hand, I think the Rams as a program still have the chip on their shoulder like they are proving that Shepherd belongs each time they play.

Curious how Other shep fans see it or the other programs view Shepherd in relation to their programs?

Comment

• That’s a good assessment, I agree

Comment

• Originally posted by Ram040506 View Post
              Talk of rivalries on the IUP board got me thinking about who do you think Shepherd’s are now?

Ship will always be a mainstay, but it’s been quite one sided for a while unfortunately.

kutztown is looking like it’s going to be a yearly battle and a lot of high stakes. I’d say they are in the present developing into our main rival.

looks unlikely that we will be able to relive any rivalries with the old WVIAC teams since they never will make the postseason.

IUP is always high stakes and even though Shepherd has had the upper hand, I think the Rams as a program still have the chip on their shoulder like they are proving that Shepherd belongs each time they play.

Curious how Other shep fans see it or the other programs view Shepherd in relation to their programs?

IUP and Shepherd don't play very often, but it's obviously been a very annoying series for IUP.
              1998 L 9-6
              2007 L 41-34
              2012 W 27-17
              2015 L 17-13
              2019 L 31-27
              2021 L 37-21

The 1998 game (I still get cold thinking about it) was just such a crazy ending. The losses in '15 and '19 still make me sick. Last year was unfortunately just a mismatch with how many guys IUP had out ... probably lucky it was only 16 points.

We're due to get a crazy ending to go our way. Overdue.

Comment

Talk of rivalries on the IUP board got me thinking about who do you think Shepherd’s are now?

Definitely Kutztown is our main rival at this point. When we do play IUP I get this sinking feeling we are going to get stomped and then we play hard, stay poised and usually win. To me the IUP wins are the most satisfying. Probably because it is a playoff situation.

Comment

• I think you have your local
                  regular season rivalries like Ship that you always know are going to be a tougher challenge. Then you have your in conference rivalry now leaning towards KU that you mark on the schedule. Then post season rivalry seems to be IUP which always makes for an Interesting post season matchup.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ramhead View Post

Definitely Kutztown is our main rival at this point. When we do play IUP I get this sinking feeling we are going to get stomped and then we play hard, stay poised and usually win. To me the IUP wins are the most satisfying. Probably because it is a playoff situation.
                    The IUP feeling is probably a feeling amongst the 35 and older Rams fans as they were typically the dominant program in the region while the Rams were trying to prove they belonged in that conversation.

I don’t think the younger fans have that complex older ones have and instead view (rightfully so) that Shepherd is the big fish in our region. The last 12 years of success as a program have changed that narrative.

Like you said, the one thing that hasn’t changed is when IUP/Shep play, it’s usually with a good bit on the line.

Comment

• I find it interesting that Shepherd leads the PSAC in rushing. I'm sure that Monte Cater is proud!

Comment

I find it interesting that Shepherd leads the PSAC in rushing. I'm sure that Monte Cater is proud!
                        He certainly would be proud. I’m really liking how the young defense is coming along, could be a strong shot of leading the conference in scoring on defense and offense.

Comment

Unfortunately, Shepherd's arrival in the PSAC East has coincided with one of the division's worst periods of competitive performance that I can recall in recent years. Ship, West Chester, and Bloomsburg for the past few seasons seem shadows of the teams they were not all that long ago. Millersville and East Stroud seem to be making some progress, but as this year's results show still have a long way to go before slugging it out with the big boys. Lock Haven is verging on hopeless and might be headed the way of Mansfield as far as competitive football is concerned. Kutztown is really the only team in the division that's improved on its profile of 8-10 years ago, largely due to what appears to be a very competent coaching staff. I was a big fan of Shepherd's entry to the PSAC and still feel that way as it enabled us to replace a Cheyney program that had become a joke with a top D2 program. But some of the rest of the programs have to step up their game so that fewer PSAC football games are of the foregone conclusion variety. Given current enrollment and monetary issues in the system, I hope that is possible.

Comment

In the PSAC:

- Kutztown ... until things change, the Golden Bears seem to be Shepherd's challenger for top team in the PSAC-East. And the post-season history helps make it a storied rivalry.
                            - IUP, Slippery Rock, Cal ... the triumvirate in the PSAC-West who seem to be a perennial challenger for Shepherd to be the top team in the PSAC--and--usually a post-season matchup against one or two each year

Outside the PSAC:
                            - Notre Dame College ... the team that typically challenged Shepherd for top team in the MEC, and likely an ongoing post-season matchup.

Comment

• Good to see Blake Hartman starting to make an impact. Heard he was still healing form injuries at the beginning of the season. Max Hartman was back on the field against WC. He is a transfer from NC State. They both could be added fire power as we get to the end of the regular season and into the playoffs.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ramhead View Post
                                Good to see Blake Hartman starting to make an impact. Heard he was still healing form injuries at the beginning of the season. Max Hartman was back on the field against WC. He is a transfer from NC State. They both could be added fire power as we get to the end of the regular season and into the playoffs.
                                Max Fisher yea. He's got some size that we need out there at WR. Blake Hartman and Brown are going to be big for us if we want to win in November for sure.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X