• Saw this out there in twitter.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ram040506 View Post
      Saw this out there in twitter.
      Make that NIL money

Comment

• Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

Make that NIL money
        It makes me wonder who else is making NIL money in the PSAC. I see Bagent in a few commercials. I know that Hagerstown Ford is one of them.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ram Tough View Post

It makes me wonder who else is making NIL money in the PSAC. I see Bagent in a few commercials. I know that Hagerstown Ford is one of them.
          My guess: Nobody.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

My guess: Nobody.
            Yeah I tend to agree. Even our national stars tend to be rather anonymous on campus. Very few people at SRU have ever heard the names Roland Rivers or Brandon Fusco.

Shepherd might be unique for football given is somewhat isolated location and history of strong community support. Something MIGHT be able to be done with IUP basketball but even then I don't know what the ROI would be - it would probably have to be a local business wanting to throw money at a player.

Comment

Yeah I tend to agree. Even our national stars tend to be rather anonymous on campus. Very few people at SRU have ever heard the names Roland Rivers or Brandon Fusco.

Shepherd might be unique for football given is somewhat isolated location and history of strong community support. Something MIGHT be able to be done with IUP basketball but even then I don't know what the ROI would be - it would probably have to be a local business wanting to throw money at a player.
              In D2, I see it as being more of a recruiting tool. You'd need a business owner who happens to be a big-time fan of the program. The business ROI would be next to nothing. It could be used as a way to land the big fish transfer of the season, etc. Come here and we can offer you this deal.

Basketball ... you may at least recognize some faces. Football ... with the helmets, etc., I bet half of our stars could walk around town and nobody would have any idea who they were. Tort brings a player on to his show every week but like 19 people actually watch his show.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ram Tough View Post

I wonder how much these DII NIL's actually move the profit needle for the company? Is Hagerstown Ford selling more Fords because of Bagnet's commercial's or is Brown's towing towing more cars because Ronnie is in their twitter adds? Or is this more a modern equivalent of the local Booster "hiring" the local college star and paying him a big salary for "sweeping-up" at night.

Comment

• Originally posted by boatcapt View Post

I wonder how much these DII NIL's actually move the profit needle for the company? Is Hagerstown Ford selling more Fords because of Bagnet's commercial's or is Brown's towing towing more cars because Ronnie is in their twitter adds? Or is this more a modern equivalent of the local Booster "hiring" the local college star and paying him a big salary for "sweeping-up" at night.
                  I think its the last example.

Comment

• Originally posted by boatcapt View Post

I don't think you need to do so much wondering lol. Great opportunity for local community support, that's pretty much it. Shepherd gets a lot of community support up there, it's a lot different than most other D2 areas. Team and community really show each other a lot of love and with the influx of Martinsburg Bulldogs on the team in recent years, the players are certainly well known in the community.

Comment

I think its the last example.
                      Think you are probably right. I wonder how long it will be before we hear of some well healed booster "threatening" the school or coaches with a cutoff of NIL money if they don't do things the way HE wants it done??

Big donors already let their feelings known to the school/coaches and threaten to withhold booster bucks if changes aren't (or ARE) made...NIL $'s could make that MORE prevalent. Imagine Nike creating an NIL marketing campaign for a top rated QB at Oregon...Now imagine that QB not having that good a season and the Oregon coach deciding to bench him. Think Nike will put a little bit of pressure on the HC to NOT bench their investment.

Comment

IUP and Shepherd don't play very often, but it's obviously been a very annoying series for IUP.
                        1998 L 9-6
                        2007 L 41-34
                        2012 W 27-17
                        2015 L 17-13
                        2019 L 31-27
                        2021 L 37-21

The 1998 game (I still get cold thinking about it) was just such a crazy ending. The losses in '15 and '19 still make me sick. Last year was unfortunately just a mismatch with how many guys IUP had out ... probably lucky it was only 16 points.

We're due to get a crazy ending to go our way. Overdue.
                        If all goes as planned and IUP and Shepherd meet for the Championship, I believe the West will be the host team -- any idea of the location of the previous matchups? I can recall several at Shepherd but was curious how many of those IUP actually hosted.

Comment

• Originally posted by nova2wv View Post

If all goes as planned and IUP and Shepherd meet for the Championship, I believe the West will be the host team -- any idea of the location of the previous matchups? I can recall several at Shepherd but was curious how many of those IUP actually hosted.
                          From memory, the '98, '19 and '21 games were in Indiana. The '15 game was at Shepherd. I can't remember the others.

The West does host this year.

Heck, they may play twice this year.

Comment

From memory, the '98, '19 and '21 games were in Indiana. The '15 game was at Shepherd. I can't remember the others.

The West does host this year.

Heck, they may play twice this year.
                            You may be right on the twice thing. Only time will tell with the seedings and playing it out.

Comment

• Originally posted by nova2wv View Post

Shepherd hosted in 2007 and 2015. All the others have been at IUP.

Comment

• Bagent invited to the Hula Bowl!

Bagent Invited to 2023 Hula Bowl - Shepherd University Athletics (shepherdrams.com)

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X