Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I really like how this team is rounding out. I feel like the offense is maybe not as explosive but more well-rounded. The defense is definitely better than last year's and better than I thought it would be heading into the season.
    Last edited by Ram Tough; 10-29-2022, 06:25 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ram Tough View Post
      I really like how this team is rounding out. I feel like the offense is maybe not as explosive but more well-rounded. The defense is definitely better that last year's and better than I thought it would be heading into the season.
      Agreed, defense is really coming along and working on the run game will pay dividends coming up in the playoff run. Hopefully Beach is ok and was held out of the 2nd half since we were in control and not because he’s really hurt.

Comment

• Love how the conference website forgot to include Shepherd in the notes for the week 9 write up. Bloomsburg also in promotion of the game via Twitter spelled it Shepard as well. SMH…

Comment

• Originally posted by Ram040506 View Post
          Love how the conference website forgot to include Shepherd in the notes for the week 9 write up. Bloomsburg also in promotion of the game via Twitter spelled it Shepard as well. SMH…
          You know how it is. We're the outsiders in this conference. Hell, a few people still openly questioned if Shepherd could hold up to the wear and tear of the PSAC, which I found silly. The Shepard thing is just lazy, but we've seen it before. I wonder if the person who wrote it can spell Shepherd now? Honestly, nothing would make me happier than this team dragging the PSAC trophy out of Pennsylvania and placing it in a trophy case in our "Hillbilly" state.

I think some of us old Shepherd fans have a chip on our shoulders due to interactions with PSAC fans in the past. It took us a long time to get that respect, but Shepherd got it by kicking other teams' teeth in. I never will forget before the 2010 regional final at Mercyhurst, we kept hearing about how Shepherd couldn't run on Mercyhurst. We were about to see a defense unlike we had ever seen that season. And Shepherd went on to run all over the Lakers. Even afterward, people would say that Shepherd was only successful because of its conference. Now, you have some of those same teams honestly worried to play Shepherd when they used to laugh at the Rams and take them lightly. It sure is something to see for a guy who used to go watch Shepherd play at a stadium that seated less people than my old small high school.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ram Tough View Post

You know how it is. We're the outsiders in this conference. Honestly, nothing would make me happier than this team dragging the PSAC trophy out of Pennsylvania and placing it in a trophy case in our "Hillbilly" state.

I think some of us old Shepherd fans have a chip on our shoulders due to interactions with PSAC fans in the past.
            The opportunity of which you speak is upon the Shepherd doorstep. The school they have to beat eminates that rich PSAC history that we (insert foul Appalachian reference here) have so often heard. I wouldn't have had it any other way for our first State Game appearance.

Comment

Love how the conference website forgot to include Shepherd in the notes for the week 9 write up. Bloomsburg also in promotion of the game via Twitter spelled it Shepard as well. SMH…
              The spelling is to be expected. Spelling matters ( Hey, I won the 5th grade spelling bee) but I had to learn how to spell Shepherd a couple of years ago myself.

Comment

• I think the test this week will be the Ram WRs v the IUP linebackers. If they can't keep up and I don't think they will, then Shepherd wins. I think the Ram defense has stepped up, but will have a true test this week. Rams 31 IUP 21

Comment

• Originally posted by Rambaseball View Post
                  I think the test this week will be the Ram WRs v the IUP linebackers. If they can't keep up and I don't think they will, then Shepherd wins. I think the Ram defense has stepped up, but will have a true test this week. Rams 31 IUP 21
                  Big ? for me is the availability of Ryan Beach (out for the ESU game). Dorner did a great job stepping into that slot role this past weekend, but long term I think he's an outside guy. Beach's quickness and shiftiness is huge in the slot role and opens things up over top at times.

Comment

• It looked like Ryan was still hobblin' (hillbilly term) purty good last week. Haven't heard any status reports this week yet....

Comment

It looked like Ryan was still hobblin' (hillbilly term) purty good last week. Haven't heard any status reports this week yet....
                      Hobblin' is a relative turm

Comment

• Well.... I figured it should be relative since we all related to each other down here next to the wealthiest County in the country...lol...

Comment

It looked like Ryan was still hobblin' (hillbilly term) purty good last week. Haven't heard any status reports this week yet....
                          MCL

Comment

• Well....that's a tad disappointing...next man up please...

Comment

Big ? for me is the availability of Ryan Beach (out for the ESU game). Dorner did a great job stepping into that slot role this past weekend, but long term I think he's an outside guy. Beach's quickness and shiftiness is huge in the slot role and opens things up over top at times.
                              Dorsey had 10 receptions for 129 yards against Slippery Rock before his injury a few years ago. He is capable of putting up big numbers.

Comment

• At least they have had 2 weeks to expand the corps...

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X