Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ShepAlum View Post

A quarter of it (504 yards) came these past two playoff games (and 4 TDs). A fantastic time to shine for the Rams. Reminds me of the 2016 season when Brandon Hlavach came on strong in the playoffs.
    If Brian Hlacach would have stayed healthy, he would have set rushing records for Shepherd. Hope he is doing well.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShepFan1 View Post

If Brian Hlacach would have stayed healthy, he would have set rushing records for Shepherd. Hope he is doing well.
      Hlavach was going to have a great career. I actually was talking about him last week, and I also hope he's well. I don't necessarily think he would have set rushing records at Shepherd, though. Damian Beane's and Dervon Wallace's team records are fairly lofty.

Comment

• So no WR Marlon Cook last week. All PSAC LB Dwayne Grantham seemed to injure his hand and missed the whole 2nd half. Ronnie Brown seems to be it at RB, is #8 Hartman hurt?

IUP has Duane Brown (should be closer to 100% now with knocking some rust off) back, RB Stewart didn't play and sounds like he isn't ready yet.

Really testing some depth now as a lot of freshman are playing for the Rams now.

Since the PSAC championship game, I've really liked how the offense has achieved some balance and fed Ronnie Brown the ball. He's getting the needed 20-25 touches per game in these big games and it's been the difference for sure (41 carries, 433 yds and 4 td's along with 7 catches for 71 yds and another TD). The offensive line really gave it to a very heralded and talented SRU front who was towards the top of every defensive category. They were a league leader in sacks and didn't get to Bagent once. It was a nice dominant and efficient performance for the offense and we are definitely going to need that same formula of balance to beat IUP this week.

Also, give a big shout out to kicker Jacob Haynie as he was 3-3 for field goals and 4-4 on PAT's. Big day for him and Rams needed it! His squib kickoffs gave a little trouble to SRU returners as well.

Hopefully, we can get Cook healed up and Grantham is able to give it a go this week. Need all hands on deck to win another Regional Championship this week!

Comment

• Originally posted by Ram Tough View Post

Hlavach was going to have a great career. I actually was talking about him last week, and I also hope he's well. I don't necessarily think he would have set rushing records at Shepherd, though. Damian Beane's and Dervon Wallace's team records are fairly lofty.
          Along with a completely different offensive philosophy compared to the early 2000's when the ratio was 60-70% run the ball. Ronnie Brown is averaging nearly 9 yds a touch and hasn't even carried it 180 times yet this year.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ram040506 View Post

Along with a completely different offensive philosophy compared to the early 2000's when the ratio was 60-70% run the ball. Ronnie Brown is averaging nearly 9 yds a touch and hasn't even carried it 180 times yet this year.
            I tell you. Go back and look at Beane's carries. He ran it so much that he had to be worn out by season's end.

Comment

I tell you. Go back and look at Beane's carries. He ran it so much that he had to be worn out by season's end.
              Beane got a lot of work LOL:

1999- 310 carries 1,723 yds 13 tds
              1998- 363 carries 2,097 yds 19 tds
              1997- 258 carries 1,590 yds 18 tds
              1996- 219 carries 1,358 yds 10 tds

If Ronnie Brown stays healthy and has a decent year next year, he ends up in the top 4 for rushing career totals and has an outside shot at top 3 targeting Bill Adams. Would need another 1,600 yds rushing to get there. Top 5 rushing touchdowns is in range as well.

Another sneaky records watch is WR Ryan Beach. He's at 149 catches for a career now which as a soph would put him in the top 5 all time. Receiving yards he's top 7. Still would have 2 years left presumably.

Comment

If Ronnie Brown stays healthy and has a decent year next year, he ends up in the top 4 for rushing career totals and has an outside shot at top 3 targeting Bill Adams. Would need another 1,600 yds rushing to get there. Top 5 rushing touchdowns is in range as well.

Another sneaky records watch is WR Ryan Beach. He's at 149 catches for a career now which as a soph would put him in the top 5 all time. Receiving yards he's top 7. Still would have 2 years left presumably.
                You think Brown will test the waters like Bagent did?

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

In today's age, it wouldn't surprise me. I can't really blame the young men for exploring their options.

Comment

I don't, but he's certainly got a very nice skill set with his receiving skills that would help a lot of teams.

Comment

There were some games where Monte just stopped passing the ball and kept giving it to Beane up the gut for 4-5 yards a pop.

Comment

In today's age, it wouldn't surprise me. I can't really blame the young men for exploring their options.
                        I have a feeling 'testing the waters' is going to become the new norm for most of D2's superstars. Unfortunately for us, we're going to lose some of them.

Comment

I have a feeling 'testing the waters' is going to become the new norm for most of D2's superstars. Unfortunately for us, we're going to lose some of them.
                          I agree with that completely. And I don't see most of them being as picky as Bagent either.

Comment

• 5 Rams make the first team all Region team. Bagent named Offensive player of the year. Redd Dougalss from Ship gets 2nd team PSAC East returner, but all Region 1st team, go Figure.

https://shepherdrams.com/news/2022/1...-the-year.aspx

Comment

• Ronnie Brown:
                              67 carries 570 yds 5 tds
                              9 catches 95 yds 2 tds

Tyson Bagent- 838 yds 6 tds and no ints, with a decimated wrs group from injuries

Ton of young guys have stepped up in the wr corps, mlb #49 and in other places. Great team win, and our superstars are playing like it.

Comment

Ronnie Brown:
                                67 carries 570 yds 5 tds
                                9 catches 95 yds 2 tds

Tyson Bagent- 838 yds 6 tds and no ints, with a decimated wrs group from injuries

Ton of young guys have stepped up in the wr corps, mlb #49 and in other places. Great team win, and our superstars are playing like it.
                                It takes a team to go this deep in the playoffs. The “next man up” concept is in full swing and doing well. And it gives the fan base a reason to be excited about the future.

Watching Tyson earlier in the season I was concerned about an early post-season departure (if the Rams made the playoffs). Many of the decisions—and passes that seemed consistently off for someone who was anointed the “best player in D2 football). He seems to be hitting his stride at just the right time.

And perhaps one of the best comments I heard in the stands this season (during the New Haven game I think) … “If you want to win, let Ronnie spin!”

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X