Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ShoNuff View Post

I must admit, I do not like that this guy was apart of that LIT AF team that found at IUP in 2017. But what is even sadder is that THIS guy is already collegiate referee. Now that is extremely sad.
    If you were there live like I was you would have seen how bad the officiating was!! One of the worst I have ever seen! IUP did not play good, I think losing yesterday could be the best thing for the hawks, makes teams hungrier! Win out, Win the PSAC and you are the number 1 seed in the playoffs. I just do not understand how you can play “Ball” at a school and than go back and ref a couple years later. How is that allowed?? Absolutely mind-boggling!

Comment

• Originally posted by EyeoftheHawk View Post

Super Bowl Wins - The only stat that matters

Steelers - 6
      Eagles - 1

Interesting note though that the Eagles won three NFL championships before the Super Bowl era (1948, 1949, and 1960). I did not know that until I looked it up. Imagine if Philly won the World Series and the Super Bowl this year. That would be two different teams from the same state to pull that off. I’m rooting for that! I’d also like to see the Eagles go undefeated so we can quit talking about the 72’ Dolphins!
      Ok the NFL record book did not begin with the merger.

The Super Bowl is just a marketing name for the NFL Championship Game and was not used until the third game between the NFL and AFL winners. All titles prior to the 1966 season still count the same ones won after. There is nothing different about Super Bowls. It’s a title game at the end of a playoff format.

So the correct official NFL score card is Yinzers 6, Yousers 4.

But we won more recently.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShoNuff View Post

LOL....that one just might stick....
        I figured only anyone over 50 would get the reference…

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPNation View Post

I figured only anyone over 50 would get the reference…
          Ummmmm........no comment..... :)

Comment

• Originally posted by IUP Crimson Hawk View Post
            Are we just going to ignore the fact that the head umpire yesterday played football at Gannon and was heavily involved in the brawl in 2017! He was one of the main guys that started the fight in 2017 as well. Absolutely mind-boggling.
            Was there a scoreboard message involved??

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPalum View Post
              Thoughts:

1) #11 should’ve been benched numerous times this year.
              2) Pass rush disappeared and Gannon QB picked that secondary apart.
              3) Run game missing in action again.
              4) this supposed unflappable team got flapped today!
              5) I think the kicking game won’t improve at this point. Missed XP, missed FG and kicking out of bounds… wtf
              6) I don’t understand why these players don’t know the rules. Why touch the blocked FG? Dumb! Don’t ever touch a kicker/punter!!! Dumb!
              7) #81 had a rough day. 3 drops and a false start.
              Missed FG??

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt Burglund View Post

His Twitter says he has offers from Clarion, Fairmont and Notre Dame (the D2 one). So …
                I said looks, not offers!

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt Burglund View Post

His Twitter says he has offers from Clarion, Fairmont and Notre Dame (the D2 one). So …
                  They should be all over that kid.

Comment

• Originally posted by EyeoftheHawk View Post

It’s the head-to-head scenario that should scare IUP fans. I don’t care about SOS, etc. IUP and Gannon would both have two losses, IUP would have played one less game, and Gannon beat IUP head-to-head. If that’s what it comes down to, it would be highway robbery if the playoff spot was given to IUP.

All that said, if IUP beats Shepherd, it’s a moot point. I just don’t see that happening. If IUP thought Gannon could throw the ball…sheesh…good luck against the Harlon Hill Trophy holder.
                    Gannon will struggle against Cal. I would be shocked if Cal doesn’t take care of them. Gannon will not be locked in like they were last Saturday, No way in hell they spend that much energy 2 weeks in a row and on the road…just sayin.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ram040506 View Post

Shepherd isn’t invincible. Cal had them on the ropes, IUP is capable of doing the same and could definitely win.

Shepherd still has to get rid of ESU next week, hopefully they come out firing and take the air out to avoid any drama. Would be nice to see Bagent break Jimmy T’s record in front of him.
                      Cal should of beaten Shepherd awful OT call on pass inside 5 was killer. Watched the second half and OT Cal was the better team that day. Shepherd very good but no way as good as last years team no way.

Comment

• Originally posted by Iupgh View Post
                        Cal should of beaten Shepherd awful OT call on pass inside 5 was killer. Watched the second half and OT Cal was the better team that day. Shepherd very good but no way as good as last years team no way.
                        One can say that Cal should have beaten IUP as well. But ... neither of those things happened.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
                          My take on yesterday's game:

* Gannon QB Kory Curtis was phenomenal -- hitting 23 of 28 passes for 342 yards, 4 TDS and 0 picks.

* Both defenses were poor. Gannon knew IUP couldn't run and still couldn't stop the pass. IUP couldn't stop anything.

* IUP's running game, despite the belief of some, is non-existent. Adam Houser's day to shine was a total flop (17 for 62). The others combined for 9 yards on 6 carries). Dayjure Stewart, currently suspended, is by far their best option. But, he hasn't even been running that well of late. JD Younger, who has provided sparks all year, was oddly given just two carries.

* IUP's pass game was superb and played well enough to win the game.

* Nazhir Taylor's incredibly awful roughing the punter penalty -- in my view -- changed the entire game. IUP came out of the half, got the ball, quickly scored and got the 2-pt conversion. Gannon gets the ball back and IUP forced a 3-and-out. The sideline was lively for the first time all day. And, then, of course, IUP whacks the punter for no reason. First down Gannon. Shortly after GU scores. That was the perfect start to the second half IUP needed and due to a stupid, self-inflicted penalty all the momentum was zapped.

* The secondary looked lost all day. It's hard to even grasp what was going on back there without watching the game 3-4 more times. IUP will give up the dink/dunk all day. Every team knows that. Gannon played it perfect. They did it so often in the first half that IUP finally adjusted -- somewhat -- to it. And, then, it was bombs away.

* IUP's pass rush was strong in the first half but vanished after halftime.

* IUP TE Cole Laney had three drops and then a very untimely false start. Somebody outside of Duane Brown and Hilton Ridley has to start contributing to this offense. He was lit up on the third one. But, the first two he has to catch.

* Adam Houser's best run yesterday was to the outside. IUP -- all year -- has continued to call runs up the middle. They just aren't there -- and these backs aren't power backs.

* The silver lining to this is they may come out better on the other side. Most undefeated teams come out better after their first loss. It's a reality check.

* Gannon wanted that game way worse yesterday. That was overly clear to anybody watching. IUP didn't match their intensity and that probably falls on Tort.

* Did the 7-0 start hide some flaws to the average observer? Absolutely. Luckily for IUP, they still control their own fate. Beat Clarion and Slippery Rock will hammer Edinboro. At that point, the Cal/GU game is irrelevant in regard to the State Game. That, of course, has the potential to be another defensive nightmare. But, worry about that when it gets here. There could be two inches of snow.

* So, the game yesterday is either going to linger, or, they'll come out better on the other side.
                          As always solid observations, one correction the 2 point conversion was failed after opening drive in second half score was 22-21 with a 3 and out and a poor punt as IUP had the ball I believe on own 40. GU was on the ropes defensively as IUP was in the process of scoring 5 straight possessions. There was no indication from my seat that GU was going to stop them at that point in the game. So the penalty was Play of the game. My question regarding that play I have seen way worse called 5 instead of 15 that’s for sure.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ram Tough View Post

One can say that Cal should have beaten IUP as well. But ... neither of those things happened.
                            Good point. Just feel there are a lot of variables on game day and an IUP Shepherd game i believe will be no SU lay up like others feel on this board. U have weather, injuries, and any other variable between now and Nov 12….just sayin

Comment

• Originally posted by Iupgh View Post

Good point. Just feel there are a lot of variables on game day and an IUP Shepherd game i believe will be no SU lay up like others feel on this board. U have weather, injuries, and any other variable between now and Nov 12….just sayin
                              I haven't seen a Shepherd poster think that it's going to be an easy game. But I agree that Shepherd is no juggernaut. They weren't a juggernaut last year either. I do think the Rams are a little better overall than last season.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ram Tough View Post

IUP should have won the Cal game by 2 touchdowns. Worse officiating game I have seen in 40 years. I watched the Jail yard U Shep game and Cal should have won if it wasn’t for the clown show of PSAC Refs!

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X