Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
    Some good news from the end of The Tort Show:

(note: the Clarion game is Senior Day so the topic came up)

OL Collin Pietropola -- it sounds like -- will be back next year.

OL McLean Djouha will also return next year (on his second grad degree).

Long story short both will have a semester of eligibility remaining for 2023. I guess both will miss the Spring to preserve the semester but they've been here so long that shouldn't matter much.

Derek Lockhart will medical redshirt and return in the Fall for his final season. Him pairing up with Ridley will certainly make the post-Duane era a bit easier and should once again give Sexton a terrific WR duo.

Four DL will be honored for senior day on Saturday. That's probably the position group getting hit the hardest this off-season. The starting secondary this year is (1) junior (Taylor) and the rest are freshmen and sophomores. Of the LBs who play this year, only one is a senior (Kelly).
    You GOTTA take full advantage of any opportunity. I commend the young men.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUP Crimson Hawk View Post

You are a CLOWN!
      ...and you are the whole circus.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUP Crimson Hawk View Post

If a “normal person†watched the debate between Dr. Oz and the Clown Fetterman they would be in Shell shock. That clown who has lived off his parents his whole life could not even say a sentence! How about when he said um and than did not say anything for 10 seconds!!!!! absolute clown show with that guy! AGAIN IT’S COMMON SENSE!!
        Fetterman actually has worked to help people...Dr. Quack has made a living scamming people.

He had a stroke but he will recover but Dr Quack with still be an *******.

Comment

• Originally posted by WarriorVoice View Post

Blah blah. You've trashed Miller Stadium on this very message board...
          No....not really. I've said what can be improved but people on here make it out to be worse than it really is...because there isn't one stadium in the Pee Sack that wows anyone outside of the view at Bloomsburg. I've been to Walk On U, and Millersville as my most recent visits and neither one makes IUP fans jealous. Everyone has old facilities.

The Cig has a new visitor side with new rest rooms.

It got a video board about 5-6 years ago.

The turf and track is newish....it has been a few years since it was installed but it wasn't a long time ago.

The fencing around the track is fairly new.

What it needs is a new home side with a new press box and the prison fencing around the outside perimeter that has been there forever needs to go. It could use a nicer entrance with a new ticket office....and maybe some nice landscaping on the ends of the stadium. The home side is now 60 years old. It's served it's purpose, they need to fund raise to tear it down and rebuild it.
          Last edited by IUPNation; 11-02-2022, 05:14 PM.

Comment

• 75 and sunny expected for kickoff on Saturday in Indiana ... incredible

Comment

75 and sunny expected for kickoff on Saturday in Indiana ... incredible
              Sure is going to be an incredible weather to watch the Golden Eagles end your season.

Comment

• Originally posted by CUlater View Post

Sure is going to be an incredible weather to watch the Golden Eagles end your season.
                That's funny!

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPalum View Post

That's funny!
                  No offense to either of you, but the same could have been said last year before the Edinboro game.

Comment

• Originally posted by CUlater View Post

Odds aren't too good for the Eddie Dogs.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

No offense to either of you, but the same could have been said last year before the Edinboro game.
                      IUP already lost their trap game. Good luck to Clarion b/c this team should be salivating.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

I'll play along.

Here's what Clarion would have to do tomorrow to win:

* Score (at least) 42 points or more.
                        - Against good teams this year, Clarion has scored 24 (Gannon), 14 (California) and, most recently, 0 (SRU).
                        - That's an average of 12.66 ppg against teams similar to IUP. That's not going to cut it.

* Stop IUP's offense on a warm day
                        - Against good teams this year, Clarion has given up 47 (Gannon), 59 (California) and, most recently, 31 (SRU).
                        - That's an average of 45.66 points given up per game against teams similar to IUP.
                        - Clarion also somehow gave up 42 and 47 points to those offensive juggernauts Bloomsburg and Edinboro

* Crush the time of possession. Keep Sexton, Brown, et al., off the field.
                        - IUP's defense got embarrassed a week ago. They'll likely be out for blood tomorrow.

* Start fast and never let up. Clarion's offense isn't designed to win shootouts or make comebacks. If IUP jumps out early, it's probably over.

Comment

I'll play along.

- Against good teams this year, Clarion has scored 24 (Gannon), 14 (California) and, most recently, 0 (SRU).
                          - That's an average of 12.66 ppg against teams similar to IUP. That's not going to cut it.

- Against good teams this year, Clarion has given up 47 (Gannon), 59 (California) and, most recently, 31 (SRU).
                          - That's an average of 45.66 points given up per game against teams similar to IUP.
                          - Clarion also somehow gave up 42 and 47 points to those offensive juggernauts Bloomsburg and Edinboro

- IUP's defense got embarrassed a week ago. They'll likely be out for blood tomorrow.

* Start fast and never let up. Clarion's offense isn't designed to win shootouts or make comebacks. If IUP jumps out early, it's probably over.
                          I’m honestly concerned about this matchup. Let’s be honest, the big game for Clarion is IUP. They could be 0-10 and if the last game is against IUP, they’ll look like a 10-0 team. For Clarion, playing IUP is like waking up on Christmas, having it be their birthday, and also the Super Bowl - it’s the one and only game they circle on the calendar every year. I think the offense will be fine, but I am VERY concerned about this IUP defense. I’m thinking it will be a lot closer than most on this board will think.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUsuallyPonder View Post

I’m honestly concerned about this matchup. Let’s be honest, the big game for Clarion is IUP. They could be 0-10 and if the last game is against IUP, they’ll look like a 10-0 team. For Clarion, playing IUP is like waking up on Christmas, having it be their birthday, and also the Super Bowl - it’s the one and only game they circle on the calendar every year. I think the offense will be fine, but I am VERY concerned about this IUP defense. I’m thinking it will be a lot closer than most on this board will think.
                            They could be fairly interesting in the years to come. This offense they are running, 'The Fly', is pretty unique. It's a lot for teams to digest in a couple practices. It was also probably a lot for their own players to digest entering the season. I think Clarion did get better as the season went along. You could tell when the injury bug landed because the quality depth just isn't there.

They'll come out swinging tomorrow. IUP just needs to be Ivan Drago and let them play Apollo Creed.

Comment

I'll play along.

Thats a very accurate and logical breakdown. Agreed on all points, which is why I think this one will be over by halftime. you talked me out of CU covering, so thank you lol

Comment

• What's the word on Dayjure Stewart? I know he returned to practice after being suspended the previous week/game. Is he starting tomorrow?

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X