Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ram040506 View Post

Best RB in the region, maybe the country. Sexton is leading the league in efficiency as the best QB . Duane Brown should have left early for the draft. Hope the Rams can keep up.
    Nope. Shepherd is unstoppable. They need to move up.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPNation View Post

With Grand Valley, right?

Comment

• Originally posted by Ram Tough View Post

With Grand Valley, right?
        They’ll share their private jets with youse!

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPNation View Post

10 years ago IUP supposedly stood no chance when a juggernaut came into Miller for the State Game. And since I have no expert analysis to offer, I’m basing my prediction of an IUP win solely on that destruction of Ship a decade ago.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chuck Norris View Post

10 years ago IUP supposedly stood no chance when a juggernaut came into Miller for the State Game. And since I have no expert analysis to offer, I’m basing my prediction of an IUP win solely on that destruction of Ship a decade ago.
            Yep. The streak was supposed to end that day. That was a great game.

Comment

• Well, I am almost positive that the final on Saturday won't be 9-6.

Comment

• Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post

I'm concerned about Younger's injury but there is a reason behind having a lot of depth at RB. I mean, how many weeks did they play without Houser?

They showed a replay of Younger's play and it's hard to tell what happened. He was down and the defensive player kind of rolled over his legs. Younger looked questionable right after the play but didn't look like he was in much pain. I think coming off the field they told him not to put his weight on it. We'll see. Looked like he definitely would need some x-rays.

I'd guess a sprain of some sort. It didn't appear overly serious seeing it in person (i.e. when it's an ACL, broken ankle, etc., you can tell right away from their reaction). I almost questioned if it was a severe cramp. It was very warm Saturday. I've seen many players in football and basketball need help getting of the field/court when a nasty cramp arrives.

Hopefully he's good to go. He wasn't mentioned in the IG today (Matt typically mentions injuries at the end). They'll need all hands on deck this weekend.

Strictly football speaking, that week off looked like it did Stewart wonders. I get it was Clarion's defense, but he flashed some speed we haven't seen in a while out of him.

Comment

• The IUP men's basketball season tips off Saturday at 1 p.m.

So, for those not slugging beer at Miller, you should be able to catch Joe's whole game prior to the 3 p.m. kickoff.

The Crimson Hawks play Concord (at Clarion).

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
                    The IUP men's basketball season tips off Saturday at 1 p.m.

So, for those not slugging beer at Miller, you should be able to catch Joe's whole game prior to the 3 p.m. kickoff.

The Crimson Hawks play Concord (at Clarion).
                    Or fighting people in the tailgate lot.

Comment

• IUP had a lot of high school recruiting targets at the Clarion game. Seeing that beatdown along with a large, loud crowd should have made a strong impression.

Hard to think about recruiting days before the State Game but it never sleeps. Not to mention, the Portal will blow up this Monday as most D2 teams wrap up their seasons this Saturday.

With the transfer rules the way they are today, the days of seeing the fancy D1 transfers are likely over. D2 to D2 will now be the quickest fix in many cases. I suspect many of our schools in the bottom third will have mass casualties next week.

Comment

IUP had a lot of high school recruiting targets at the Clarion game. Seeing that beatdown along with a large, loud crowd should have made a strong impression.

Hard to think about recruiting days before the State Game but it never sleeps. Not to mention, the Portal will blow up this Monday as most D2 teams wrap up their seasons this Saturday.

With the transfer rules the way they are today, the days of seeing the fancy D1 transfers are likely over. D2 to D2 will now be the quickest fix in many cases. I suspect many of our schools in the bottom third will have mass casualties next week.
                        I think that you will still see D1 players coming down in some situations. It depends on how far down the depth char they are, QB especially.

Comment

I think that you will still see D1 players coming down in some situations. It depends on how far down the depth char they are, QB especially.
                          True. I guess by 'fancy' I was referring more to the Max Redfield types. Now that they don't have to sit out a year, most just go to another D1. Same is happening in FCS. They try to go up or at least just go to another FCS.

But, no doubt, there are diamonds to find in the D2 portal. It will make rebuilding a bad program very difficult.

In your example, look at Gannon's QB. He was at Ohio State. Not sure if he was a recruit or a preferred walk-on.

Comment

True. I guess by 'fancy' I was referring more to the Max Redfield types. Now that they don't have to sit out a year, most just go to another D1. Same is happening in FCS. They try to go up or at least just go to another FCS.

But, no doubt, there are diamonds to find in the D2 portal. It will make rebuilding a bad program very difficult.

In your example, look at Gannon's QB. He was at Ohio State. Not sure if he was a recruit or a preferred walk-on.
                            I doubt you will see any scholarship FBS players come down. Maybe a scholarship FCS from time to time. But you know there are some good FCS QBs who just want to play and want a guaranteed spot that a D2 can provide.

Curtis has been huge for Gannon. He went from OSU to Bryant to Gannon. So, his path has been winding.

Comment

Well, I am almost positive that the final on Saturday won't be 9-6.
                              Meet me Saturday and I'll show you what remains of my program from that game. Looks like it went through a war.

After we can watch Fightingscot82 beat up 13 dudes in the parking lot.

Comment

Meet me Saturday and I'll show you what remains of my program from that game. Looks like it went through a war.

After we can watch Fightingscot82 beat up 13 dudes in the parking lot.
                                I just picture someone like Putty from Seinfeld - only wearing an IUP letterman jacket instead of an 8 ball - saying something like, "Hey babe. Just challenged some Edinboro guy to a fight at my tailgate on Saturday. High five."

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X