Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Matt Burglund View Post
    Look at us. Discussing the proximity of fast food restaurants to a D2 football stadium at a mid-size state university in rural Pennsylvania in November 1998.

Kickoff can't come soon enough.
    It has been bugging me what restaurant that I stopped into for years. But I will say that I do know that we parked in the parking lot and walked over. We went straight from the stadium to the restaurant.

Comment

Look at us. Discussing the proximity of fast food restaurants to a D2 football stadium at a mid-size state university in rural Pennsylvania in November 1998.

Wawa should just say **** it and open them on campuses across PA. One would be good right where Foster stood. :-)

Comment

Correct. Tomorrow, to me, is cut and dry (although it will be wet).

Do you get the IUP team that has shown up against Slippery Rock the past two years -- full of confidence and ready to roll ... or, do you get the team that went to Erie a couple weeks ago? Now, I fully acknowledge they went to Erie minus a great starter on both sides of the ball and I do think that played a role in their mentality that day. Coaches can ramble on about 'next man up' but I'm not sure the players always buy in to it. IUP looked like it was simply there to play that day. Gannon looked like it was there to win. Such a big difference in mentality.

Perfect example of what Dayjure Stewart's absence cost them in Erie: IUP either scored a TD in like 3-4 plays or went 3 and out. With no running game they couldn't run any clock. Their defense was on the field all day. And, as we saw, if you give a great QB that many chances while your defense gets run ragged ... that's what happens. You give up 43 points.

Point of the story: Stewart looked fresh last week. He has to have a monster day tomorrow. Every first down they get probably equates to 2-3 minutes of clock. Bagent can't be being Bagent while on the sidelines. IUP can't win a shootout tomorrow. They have to dictate the terms and pace of the game. IUP's DL is capable of having a big game tomorrow. That's a good group -- big and nasty. Bagent is extremely hard to actually hit and sack, but they at least have to make things uncomfortable.

I worry about the mindset of the secondary. They are going to get beat some tomorrow. This is a guy who is going to get drafted in April who also has great weapons. They aren't pitching a shutout. They have to avoid getting down in the dumps (like we saw in Erie).

Far and away, my opinion, Dayjure Stewart is the key to IUP winning tomorrow. IUP has the giant OL full of upperclassmen. They need to take over tomorrow. If they do, Stewart can make a lot of magic happen.

And, I think IUP is a little tired of hearing about Shepherd. This is their chance on a real big stage.

I'd be afraid to bet this game even using any of your money.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

Do you get the IUP team that has shown up against Slippery Rock the past two years -- full of confidence and ready to roll ... or, do you get the team that went to Erie a couple weeks ago? Now, I fully acknowledge they went to Erie minus a great starter on both sides of the ball and I do think that played a role in their mentality that day. Coaches can ramble on about 'next man up' but I'm not sure the players always buy in to it. IUP looked like it was simply there to play that day. Gannon looked like it was there to win. Such a big difference in mentality.

Perfect example of what Dayjure Stewart's absence cost them in Erie: IUP either scored a TD in like 3-4 plays or went 3 and out. With no running game they couldn't run any clock. Their defense was on the field all day. And, as we saw, if you give a great QB that many chances while your defense gets run ragged ... that's what happens. You give up 43 points.

Point of the story: Stewart looked fresh last week. He has to have a monster day tomorrow. Every first down they get probably equates to 2-3 minutes of clock. Bagent can't be being Bagent while on the sidelines. IUP can't win a shootout tomorrow. They have to dictate the terms and pace of the game. IUP's DL is capable of having a big game tomorrow. That's a good group -- big and nasty. Bagent is extremely hard to actually hit and sack, but they at least have to make things uncomfortable.

I worry about the mindset of the secondary. They are going to get beat some tomorrow. This is a guy who is going to get drafted in April who also has great weapons. They aren't pitching a shutout. They have to avoid getting down in the dumps (like we saw in Erie).

Far and away, my opinion, Dayjure Stewart is the key to IUP winning tomorrow. IUP has the giant OL full of upperclassmen. They need to take over tomorrow. If they do, Stewart can make a lot of magic happen.

And, I think IUP is a little tired of hearing about Shepherd. This is their chance on a real big stage.

I think it also must be acknowledged that no matter the result of tomorrow, these two teams may see each other again.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

I don’t agree with miss Stewart against Shannon. They scored at will. The boned headed penalties and piss poor play of the secondary was the difference, especially 11. The secondary must not get beat over the top.

Comment

• A late season loss when already making the playoffs isn’t an overly concerning thing. If your a good football team it simply refocuses you and sets your jaw straight. Not as big of a game as one might think…

Comment

• Originally posted by RamPride View Post
                A late season loss when already making the playoffs isn’t an overly concerning thing. If your a good football team it simply refocuses you and sets your jaw straight. Not as big of a game as one might think…
                Normally, I'd agree. However, this is more than a late season game. Winner gets the conference title. Most seem to remember conference title winners more than who wins a playoff game or two.

I also think for IUP this is the difference in staying home versus traveling to Boston next weekend. That's a whole lot of bus time followed by playing in a stadium with next to none of your fans there. That said, I could totally see IUP winning tomorrow and then losing at home next week lol.

Comment

A late season loss when already making the playoffs isn’t an overly concerning thing. If your a good football team it simply refocuses you and sets your jaw straight. Not as big of a game as one might think…
                  I think with Iup it’s a matter of playing at home or not.

Comment

Couldn't disagree more. Rams haven't won a conference championship in about 5-6 years, would be the first time in history that the PSAC championship left the borders of Pennsylvania.... AND home field advantage throughout the regional portion of the playoffs is on the line. It's a huge game.

No thanks on a loss to get everything straightened out.

Comment

• 24 hours away from the “GREAT” Tailgate! Like I said anyone is welcomed other than those 2 clowns. The smoker will be out tomorrow as well! Food, Snack’s, and alcohol of your choice on me. I am warning those 2 clowns don’t show up or you will be at the hospital within minutes! FACT!

Comment

• Originally posted by IUP Crimson Hawk View Post
                        24 hours away from the “GREAT” Tailgate! Like I said anyone is welcomed other than those 2 clowns. The smoker will be out tomorrow as well! Food, Snack’s, and alcohol of your choice on me. I am warning those 2 clowns don’t show up or you will be at the hospital within minutes! FACT!
                        I don’t eat Trumpanzee food. It’s for losers.

Comment

24 hours away from the “GREAT” Tailgate! Like I said anyone is welcomed other than those 2 clowns. The smoker will be out tomorrow as well! Food, Snack’s, and alcohol of your choice on me. I am warning those 2 clowns don’t show up or you will be at the hospital within minutes! FACT!
                          Eating out of the trunk of a car is a lot of fun. I would rather go to a nice restaurant after the game.

Comment

I'd put my money on those 2 running through your tailgate like a hot knife through butter. I used to call it glass jaw U, 98% of you guys are all the same. Run your mouth like there are no consequences for your actions until someone steps up and shows you they believe otherwise. Then the I'm pressing charges conversations start. Enjoy your tailgate buddy, keep it cool and don't get yourself hurt, it's not worth it.

Comment

Which Clowns? You've called a lot of people clowns on this board.

Comment

How would you even know who I am? I can swing by the local Red, White, & Blue to snag an IUP shirt and blend in. I like Ghostbusters as much as anybody. Maybe except Huey Lewis.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X