Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
    That f-ing taunting flag ... how stupid. WHY
    Yup! I was so mad I dried out! Okay, not really.

Pretty well officiated game overall. IUP deserved that one. Shut your mouth and get off the field. I hope it starts absolutely pouring!

Comment

• Originally posted by IUP Indians View Post
      With Gannon and Slimey losing today........ even if we lose we should be okay for the playoffs...........
      IUP is playing a better opponent than either Slippery Rock or especially Gannon did. The Crimson Hawks should be OK for the playoffs even with a loss.

What today's results do is help IUP's seed even if they do lose. They may not drop as far as they would have had The Rock and Gannon won.

Comment

• IuP staff doing everything possible to F this up

Comment

IuP staff doing everything possible to F this up
          Nice win IUP, hope to see you again…I’ve never liked the pressure of being undefeated. Time to reset…

Comment

IuP staff doing everything possible to F this up
            They were Shepherd’s best chance to win.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPNation View Post

They were Shepherd’s best chance to win.
              Holy cow that never should have been that close

Comment

Not at all. It was like the Mon Valley U game from last year was unfolding in front of our eyes.

I bet that crowd had some major butt clenching..;.

Comment

Isn’t that the truth! Going for it on fourth down from inside the 10 when you had a chip shot field goal to go up three scores makes absolutely no sense. Awful, awful, awful. Who makes that call? You’d think the HC would have veto power. I thought they were going to try to draw them offsides or call timeout and kick the field goal. I was astonished when they snapped it.

Bagent is a champion. He wasn’t going to give up. I get it that they had to pull of a miracle if they were going to make a comeback there, but IUP gave them life and it almost cost them. Then there were the stupid unsportsmanlike conduct penalties. At least the Shepherd kid was smart enough to do it when IUP was on the one yard line and it was an 18 inch penalty.

All that said, it’s a big win and that’s what matters. I have more thoughts but right now my hands are still stiff!

Comment

• IUP Football is your PSAC Champions!!! That is now 2 PSAC Championships for Coach Tort!
                    Last edited by IUP Crimson Hawk; 11-12-2022, 07:13 PM.

Comment

• I'd assume Duane Brown will be back next week.

Sexton was phenomenal today..

Imagine if they'd used those TEs all year lol. Finally!

Comment

• That little dude No. 20 for Shepherd was an unsung MVP for IUP today. He ran his mouth so much before the game it really fired IUP up. True story.

He was then the only toolbag in the handshake line.

On the flip side, Bagent went over and congratulated Tort right before the trophy presentation. Classy.

Comment

Duane hurt up 35-0 against Clarion

No freaking words.
                          False. Someone told me at the tailgate today he got hurt in practice this past week. They also said he will be back for the playoffs.

Comment

• Okay, now that everyone can look back at that game IUP dominated from the start to the finish! FACT! I 100% agree with going for it on that drive. Look, you don’t go for it a field goal does nothing for you. It would still be a 2 possession game regardless. You would have to kick it off to Ronnie Brown who can be dangerous on the kick return. It could get blocked and returned for a touchdown. Very smart decision to go for it there. But again IUP played great today offensively and defensively without Duane Brown who is the best WR in the country and Dayjure Stewart who is the best RB in the PSAC! From what I heard they will both be back for the playoffs. What’s next for the hawks. It will most likely The number 1 overall seed, which is a bye and home field advantage all the way until the regional championship. PSAC Champions! GO HAWKS!

Comment

• Originally posted by EyeoftheHawk View Post
                              Going for it on fourth down from inside the 10 when you had a chip shot field goal to go up three scores makes absolutely no sense. Awful, awful, awful. Who makes that call? You’d think the HC would have veto power. I thought they were going to try to draw them offsides or call timeout and kick the field goal. I was astonished when they snapped it.
                              In a vacuum, you’re right. But there are some variables to consider.

Here's what Tort told me, and it's hard to say he's wrong: Shepherd's kicker was 4-for-9 on FGs all season. On a couple of his XPs, the snap and/or hold was shaky in the rain, and he barely got off line-drive kicks. The rain was making the ball slippery (notice all the dropped passes?) and the wind was pretty strong at times.

Knowing this, Tort didn’t think there was much of a chance Shepherd, if they cut the lead to 24-21, was going to give the ball to Bagent and say “go get us a field goal to tie the game.”

So going up by 13 instead of 10 wouldn’t mean much because if Shepherd scored one TD (as it did), the Rams weren’t going to plan to kick the FG to tie the score––instead they’d try to win it on the arm of the best QB in the country.

Tort wanted a 31-14 (three scores) lead, not a 27-14 (two scores) lead.

Originally posted by EyeoftheHawk View Post
                              Bagent is a champion. He wasn’t going to give up.
                              I think you answered your own question.

http://www.indianagazette.com
                              www.twitter.com/MattBurglund

Comment

• Originally posted by IUP Crimson Hawk View Post

False. Someone told me at the tailgate today he got hurt in practice this past week. They also said he will be back for the playoffs.
                                He didn't practice at all this week.
                                http://www.indianagazette.com
                                www.twitter.com/MattBurglund

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X