Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ram040506 View Post

I think Shepherd was outcoached for 3 quarters at least. Tort and his staff had a much better weather proof game plan together, and they executed very well on offense. I think the Brown absence was a blessing in disguise as it forced the OC to be a bit more creative and got some other guys involved, it was obvious the Rams had no idea Brown was going to be out. That is going to benefit the offense greatly going forward I would think.

The Rams WR corps had its worst game in several years. Had to be at least 6/7 times it just bounced right off their hands and up for potential interceptions, weather certainly was a factor. Missing Ryan Beach on the short crossing routes and quick's to the outside was felt in this game too. He's sure handed and very quick, don't think he'll be back this season and that is a huge loss for the Rams.

Rams offense while productive, can be maddening at times. Did they not read a weather report leading up to the game, do they not realize a 51 passes to 13 rushes ratio in a downpour against a championship caliber opponent is ill advised? Oh and 5 of those "rushes" were by Bagent, who was probably running from the pass rush and it just was recorded that way. So 8 carries by the leading rusher in the conference...

No bones about it, IUP won the game and was the better team. I genuinely am hoping the Rams can refocus and get back to Miller Stadium for another try, and will pray for a clean weather day as well. IUP will be improved with Brown back hopefully, and possibly a stronger run game for a complete game with Stewart. Here's to both teams taking care of business over the next 2 weeks and getting/staying healthy!
    Your analysis is spot on. Shep came out throwing and looked shaky with a three and out. We let IUP set the tone and drive down the field. Nonetheless, half time score just 10-7. I was hopeful we could make adjustments and come out with a better game plan. Unfortunately, IUP drove it down the field with the help of an awful pass interference call. We did not use Blake Hartman who is a north to south runner and hit the holes hard and fast. Anyway, the second season has started. Hopefully we will meet again.

Comment

• Originally posted by RamPride View Post

I believe Beach may move on from football after this year anyway…
      You another one of those inside scoop folks who wants to tease everyone?

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPNation View Post

They recover and it’s the Mon Valley U game all over again. The slide by Houser was the second play of the game.
        The real play of the game was that IUP INT deep in Crimson Hawks territory when Shep was threatening for points that was returned about 70 yards and set up an IUP touchdown. That touchdown put IUP up 24-7 and gave them the cushion to hold off Shepherd's late rally.

Comment

• Originally posted by CHIP72 View Post

The real play of the game was that IUP INT deep in Crimson Hawks territory when Shep was threatening for points that was returned about 70 yards and set up an IUP touchdown. That touchdown put IUP up 24-7 and gave them the cushion to hold off Shepherd's late rally.
          Tell you what, they picked Bagent twice and IUP dropped three other picks. I mean in the hands dropped. Tort talked about it tonight. They should have had 5 picks in that game.

Comment

• Here’s something we haven’t talked about regarding the Shepherd game. I have a theory that our old friend Bill Otto is part of the reason the crowds are so dead on the home side. Mark Bertig did a great job of keeping the crowd in it and it made a difference. It wasn’t the biggest crowd due to the crap weather, but it was louder than many bigger crowds we’ve had. No offense to Bill, who has been the voice up there for as long as I can remember, but it’s a much more engaged crowd with Mark doing the announcing.

Comment

• Originally posted by EyeoftheHawk View Post
              Here’s something we haven’t talked about regarding the Shepherd game. I have a theory that our old friend Bill Otto is part of the reason the crowds are so dead on the home side. Mark Bertig did a great job of keeping the crowd in it and it made a difference. It wasn’t the biggest crowd due to the crap weather, but it was louder than many bigger crowds we’ve had. No offense to Bill, who has been the voice up there for as long as I can remember, but it’s a much more engaged crowd with Mark doing the announcing.
              Mark did FANTASTIC.

I love Bill Otto. He's a big part of IUP. But, man, Mark was on point.

He was enthusiastic, loud and clear, etc. I'm not dogging on Otto but, you nailed it.

Bill was so good at basketball (in a past era). I'm not a big fan of the new guy at the KCAC. He's pretty dull.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

Mark did FANTASTIC.

I love Bill Otto. He's a big part of IUP. But, man, Mark was on point.

He was enthusiastic, loud and clear, etc. I'm not dogging on Otto but, you nailed it.

Bill was so good at basketball (in a past era). I'm not a big fan of the new guy at the KCAC. He's pretty dull.
                I’m guessing Bill was just out for the game and will likely return, but it would be fine by me if Mark handles those duties in the playoffs. Yeah, KCAC guy is pretty dull. He doesn’t do a bad job, but he just “does the job” and nothing more. People don’t realize how much a dynamic person in those seats can add to the atmosphere of the game.

Comment

I think Shepherd was outcoached for 3 quarters at least. Tort and his staff had a much better weather proof game plan together, and they executed very well on offense. I think the Brown absence was a blessing in disguise as it forced the OC to be a bit more creative and got some other guys involved, it was obvious the Rams had no idea Brown was going to be out. That is going to benefit the offense greatly going forward I would think.

The Rams WR corps had its worst game in several years. Had to be at least 6/7 times it just bounced right off their hands and up for potential interceptions, weather certainly was a factor. Missing Ryan Beach on the short crossing routes and quick's to the outside was felt in this game too. He's sure handed and very quick, don't think he'll be back this season and that is a huge loss for the Rams.

Rams offense while productive, can be maddening at times. Did they not read a weather report leading up to the game, do they not realize a 51 passes to 13 rushes ratio in a downpour against a championship caliber opponent is ill advised? Oh and 5 of those "rushes" were by Bagent, who was probably running from the pass rush and it just was recorded that way. So 8 carries by the leading rusher in the conference...

No bones about it, IUP won the game and was the better team. I genuinely am hoping the Rams can refocus and get back to Miller Stadium for another try, and will pray for a clean weather day as well. IUP will be improved with Brown back hopefully, and possibly a stronger run game for a complete game with Stewart. Here's to both teams taking care of business over the next 2 weeks and getting/staying healthy!
                  Solid analysis let’s not forget IUP dropped 3 picks also. First play of game should of been pick 6.

Comment

• Tort said in the Gazette today that if the Shepherd game would have been a day later Duane may have played. They expect he will return to practice this week.

He also said Dayjure's injury doesn't appear to be as bad as they initially thought. Tort said on his show last night that Dayjure will have an MRI today just to be certain.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

Correct. For all this dominating, the final score was 24-21. It never should have been. But, it was.

Hilton Ridley recovering that onside kick was the play of the day. That was a good kick, too, by their kicker. That ball was coming fast and was slippery as heck. That was also the first time the 'hands team' had been on the field all season.
                      Should of been 24-14, that PI call was a travesty, anybody that knows football saw that was a duck up for grabs u don’t call PI IUP has right to ball just like receiver. Those are the kind of calls that gets refs hopefully fired…just sayin with all due respect to your analysis.

Comment

• Originally posted by EyeoftheHawk View Post
                        Here’s something we haven’t talked about regarding the Shepherd game. I have a theory that our old friend Bill Otto is part of the reason the crowds are so dead on the home side. Mark Bertig did a great job of keeping the crowd in it and it made a difference. It wasn’t the biggest crowd due to the crap weather, but it was louder than many bigger crowds we’ve had. No offense to Bill, who has been the voice up there for as long as I can remember, but it’s a much more engaged crowd with Mark doing the announcing.
                        Yes Hawk u are spot on that Bertiic guy should of got a game ball…

Comment

• Originally posted by Iupgh View Post

Solid analysis let’s not forget IUP dropped 3 picks also. First play of game should of been pick 6.
                          First play was definitely there to be picked. The others would have been bad luck on the Rams part as the WR's seemed to think they were playing volleyball instead of catching the ball they wanted give the ball a nice set into the air for a big spike. I've been saying all season that the Rams need to find more balance, that game was the reason why. Can't beat good teams by being one dimensional... and the worst part about it was that IUP didn't force the Rams into being one dimensional, that's just the brilliant game plan they came in with was to try and SURPRISE the IUP defense by throwing it 90% of the game... in a complete downpour for weather.

Comment

First play was definitely there to be picked. The others would have been bad luck on the Rams part as the WR's seemed to think they were playing volleyball instead of catching the ball they wanted give the ball a nice set into the air for a big spike. I've been saying all season that the Rams need to find more balance, that game was the reason why. Can't beat good teams by being one dimensional... and the worst part about it was that IUP didn't force the Rams into being one dimensional, that's just the brilliant game plan they came in with was to try and SURPRISE the IUP defense by throwing it 90% of the game... in a complete downpour for weather.
                            Maybe some of you Rams fans who see all their games can tell me why they don't run Brown more. Has the line had trouble with run blocking? That guy is a terrific back.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ship69 View Post

Maybe some of you Rams fans who see all their games can tell me why they don't run Brown more. Has the line had trouble with run blocking? That guy is a terrific back.
                              At times I think they are conscience that they have a QB with NFL aspirations and in order for a D2 QB to get noticed he's gotta put up some big stats. It's worked and they've been more pass heavy for over a decade now, so that seems to be just the way the offense has evolved.

They do get the ball to Brown in a myriad of ways in the pass game, return game and run game. He typically has somewhere between 12-15 touches per game, but I could see 3-5 more would be nice. The part I'd like to see is the back up RB Hartman getting a consistent 8-10 carries a game as well and maybe take the 45-50 pass attempts down to 35-40. Hartman is a north/south runner who hits the hole fast, where Brown is a home run hitter in the Barry Sanders mold who is always looking to break it big.

Offense is just more finesse now, so that is just typical game flow and I should get used to it I guess. Rams are 100% shot gun now, so running the ball can be a bit trickier from that set up. The lineman have got into a flow where they are more comfortable pass blocking, but I don't think they are poor run blockers, just not enough opportunity.

Comment

IUP dropped everyone back in coverage, seems to me that's trying to make a team one-dimensional...that's what I heard Tort himself say at halftime...

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X