Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Tdobson View Post
    How does IUP stack up with Ashland? I watched their game today, and I see they have athletes, but was wondering.

Thank you
    Ashland is VERY good. They have athletes all over the field and their a successful program that expects to win. Of course, that sounds a lot like IUP too, which is why this could end up being a bit of a regional rivalry if it’s not already. Both games these two played in the regular season a few years back were tight contests that could have gone either way, although IUP won both.

I think IUP has a bit of an advantage on both lines, similar to the Shepherd matchup. The Ashland QB is good, but more similar to Grover at Slippery Rock than Bagent at Shepherd. If you don’t have a good QB at this point, your season is already over so everyone will have a good QB going forward. IUP also has the advantage of playing at home after a week off. The Ashland/Notre Dame game today was a very physical battle with several guys going down with injuries, cheap shots, etc., all while IUP was sitting in Indiana probably watching the game in a warm room.

If I was setting the line for this one it would be IUP -6, but I expect this game to be every bit the game with Shepherd was.

Comment

• What time will IUP’s game be on Saturday?

Comment

What time will IUP’s game be on Saturday?
        My guess is it will be at 1 PM, based on the start times and locations of the 1st round games. I believe the NCAA will announce the start times tomorrow (Sunday).

Comment

• Originally posted by EyeoftheHawk View Post

Ashland is VERY good. They have athletes all over the field and their a successful program that expects to win. Of course, that sounds a lot like IUP too, which is why this could end up being a bit of a regional rivalry if it’s not already. Both games these two played in the regular season a few years back were tight contests that could have gone either way, although IUP won both.

I think IUP has a bit of an advantage on both lines, similar to the Shepherd matchup. The Ashland QB is good, but more similar to Grover at Slippery Rock than Bagent at Shepherd. If you don’t have a good QB at this point, your season is already over so everyone will have a good QB going forward. IUP also has the advantage of playing at home after a week off. The Ashland/Notre Dame game today was a very physical battle with several guys going down with injuries, cheap shots, etc., all while IUP was sitting in Indiana probably watching the game in a warm room.

If I was setting the line for this one it would be IUP -6, but I expect this game to be every bit the game with Shepherd was.
          I've watched them a couple times this year. If I had to make a comparison I'd say they are very similar to SRU. Not many weaknesses. Good balance.

They are very well-coached. It's going to be a battle.

That said, I'm not familiar with their injury situation. I heard they and ND beat the pi$$ out of each other today.

Comment

Jack said on WCCS this morning 1 p.m.

Comment

• Bump

All current IUP talk is in this thread.

Thank You.

The Management

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPNation View Post
                Bump

All current IUP talk is in this thread.

Thank You.

The Management
                Dang it. I was going to post in the IUP 2013 thread.

Comment

All playoff games are 1pm kickoff unless the host school is granted an exception.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

All playoff games are 1pm kickoff unless the host school is granted an exception.
                    Shepherd will be at noon. No lights, always is at noon.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ram040506 View Post

Shepherd will be at noon. No lights, always is at noon.
                      What's the deal with no lights? That's pretty rare at this level (and the high school level for that matter).

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

What's the deal with no lights? That's pretty rare at this level (and the high school level for that matter).
                        $$$$ is the reason. For years people tried to say it was the town not allowing it, but that's not true. It's strictly a $ issue, and really I don't think its an issue at all. A night game at Shepherd would be cool, but the noon slot has been a staple for Ram Stadium forever, so who cares.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ram040506 View Post

$$$$ is the reason. For years people tried to say it was the town not allowing it, but that's not true. It's strictly a $ issue, and really I don't think its an issue at all. A night game at Shepherd would be cool, but the noon slot has been a staple for Ram Stadium forever, so who cares.
                          Is that a grass stadium? Is football the only sport that uses it?

IUP has lights but almost never plays night games. But, the other sports do.

Comment

Which other sports use Miller?

Comment

• Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post

Which other sports use Miller?
                              Field Hockey. Baseball and softball use it a lot for practice. I think LaCrosse does, too. Obviously Track.

Comment

Field turf stadium, switched to turf in 2008 range. Shepherd Lacrosse is the only other sports team that uses the facility. Soccer has their own field/stadium on the other side of campus.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X