Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

I suppose there is the chance Tort is playing some mind games and trying to muddy the water.

For instance, immediately after the Shepherd game he said if the game would have been played a day later, Duane probably could have played. Now, 10 days later he's 'questionable'.

It was pretty clear they caught Shepherd off guard with the situation. This could be just trying to give Ashland more to prepare for this week.

Or, unfortunately, he's telling the truth and Duane and Stewart both could be out.

That Clarion debacle was on Nov. 5. Tough to say with a knee sprain. If it was severe, I'd be shocked if he plays this week. There's so much wear and tear on a WRs knee with all the starts/stops, jumping, cutting, etc.

Duane's 'knee bump' didn't look that bad when it happened. I'm just glad he was in there protecting a 35-0 lead in case Clarion's lifeless offense was going to make a miraculous comeback.

Dayjure, on the other hand, his injury looked season-ending when it happened. He was in a ton of pain. He got hit low on a bad angle. Sometimes they are worse than they look. It would be incredible if he's back just two weeks later.

I think they could survive another week without Dayjure. Houser got a big boost of confidence last game. Duane is a bigger problem. No element of surprise this time around. Shepherd wasn't prepared for IUP's TEs at all.

As you alluded, there's just nothing worse than losing a superstar in a meaningless moment that should have never happened.
    I fully expect Brown to play on Saturday, even if he’s not 100%. If he can walk, he’ll be out there. Every game from this point forward could be his or his team’s last. Shepherd was a different situation.

Stewart on the other hand, I’m not so sure. It’s a different position and a different kind of injury, and it just looked worse in terms of severity. If he’s only 75%, do you play him at all? I’d be more willing to play Brown at his position at less than 100% than Stewart. I’ll add that while it was nice to see IUP’s receiver depth against Shepherd, you don’t come close to replacing an All American like Brown. The gap between Stewart and the backups at RB isn’t as great.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ship69 View Post
      A lot of us would like an idiot coach who wins the PSAC championship and gets our team to the regional semifinals. Just sayin'.
      No doubt. We can argue forever about when Brown’s injury happened and why, but I do agree it could happen at any time and even in practice. That’s not making an excuse for him still being in the game against Clarion. It’s just the reality of the sport. Let’s hope at the end of the day it doesn’t hurt IUP’s chances. They showed great resilience in the PSAC title game winning without him and Stewart, which I think speaks to how Tort and the rest of the staff had the team fully prepared and ready to play.

Comment

• Originally posted by EyeoftheHawk View Post

I fully expect Brown to play on Saturday, even if he’s not 100%. If he can walk, he’ll be out there. Every game from this point forward could be his or his team’s last. Shepherd was a different situation.

Stewart on the other hand, I’m not so sure. It’s a different position and a different kind of injury, and it just looked worse in terms of severity. If he’s only 75%, do you play him at all? I’d be more willing to play Brown at his position at less than 100% than Stewart. I’ll add that while it was nice to see IUP’s receiver depth against Shepherd, you don’t come close to replacing an All American like Brown. The gap between Stewart and the backups at RB isn’t as great.

I'd certainly dress a 75% Stewart and make him the No. 2 back. Houser gets the start. Ride the hot (healthy) hand. That said, I have serious doubts he's even near 75%.

Brown has to dress if he's anywhere close to playing. If anything, he's a good decoy. Duane is a tireless, athletic freak. If anybody can recover that fast, it's probably him.

This is the best defense they'll have seen this year. Ashland fell asleep in a classic trap spot against Hillsdale, or it would probably be the No. 1 seed.

They'll need every possible hand on deck.

I know Ashland did get a little beat up last week. But, I haven't seen any injury reports. As with all teams, if you're still playing in late November, you're beat up.

Comment

I'd certainly dress a 75% Stewart and make him the No. 2 back. Houser gets the start. Ride the hot (healthy) hand. That said, I have serious doubts he's even near 75%.

Brown has to dress if he's anywhere close to playing. If anything, he's a good decoy. Duane is a tireless, athletic freak. If anybody can recover that fast, it's probably him.

This is the best defense they'll have seen this year. Ashland fell asleep in a classic trap spot against Hillsdale, or it would probably be the No. 1 seed.

I know Ashland did get a little beat up last week. But, I haven't seen any injury reports. As with all teams, if you're still playing in late November, you're beat up.
          I doubt that either of them are "questionable." At this point, they know the extent of their availability.

I think Tort was being honest when he said they considered playing Brown in the league championship but there were reasons to hold him out, namely, to be better prepared for the NCAA playoffs and probably the weather conditions was a factor i.e. the possibility of slipping around and aggravating the injury. After 2 more weeks. my guess is Brown is out there on Saturday.

As for Stewart, who knows? If he got an MRI last week then they know all of the risks and risk levels. I agree, I think he will be dressed but not start.

Comment

• Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post

I doubt that either of them are "questionable." At this point, they know the extent of their availability.

I think Tort was being honest when he said they considered playing Brown in the league championship but there were reasons to hold him out, namely, to be better prepared for the NCAA playoffs and probably the weather conditions was a factor i.e. the possibility of slipping around and aggravating the injury. After 2 more weeks. my guess is Brown is out there on Saturday.

As for Stewart, who knows? If he got an MRI last week then they know all of the risks and risk levels. I agree, I think he will be dressed but not start.

No doubt. Calling them "Questionable" is just a coach-speak phrase for not wanting to show his full hand.

In reality, all it does is gives us more to talk about between games.

Comment

IUPbigINDIANS - I am not quite sure, but does the amount of players allowed to dress shorten come playoffs? If so, I would think pretty hard at dressing Stewart if I have no plans at all to play him.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShoNuff View Post

IUPbigINDIANS - I am not quite sure, but does the amount of players allowed to dress shorten come playoffs? If so, I would think pretty hard at dressing Stewart if I have no plans at all to play him.
                I think I read they can dress 59 this Saturday.

Comment

The amount you can dress shortens significantly for the playoffs.

Comment

• Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post

The amount you can dress shortens significantly for the playoffs.
                    58 appears to be the D2 dress number for postseason.

Comment

If he has no chance, correct, put him in street clothes. I mentioned if he's at 75% health ... I'd probably dress him and play him sparingly (RB2).

If he is out, that leaves them with Houser and Younger. I think Woody is still out. The goal line back is also healthy (name slips me).

Hopefully they don't get any ideas with Q. Carter back there. Him playing RB this year has only resulted in him getting banged up. And, I cant recall that jet sweep working once all year. Keep him at KR and WR.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ram040506 View Post

Tort had to have done something to him in a previous life, most negative non personality "fan" you guys have. Guy is 48-10 and has the team in the hunt nearly every year.
                        Yes Ram, and beat the best player maybe in D2 history without the 4 best football players on the roster Brown, Stewert, Lockhart and Fowler…Just sayin

Comment

• Weather looks good ... 48 hours out it is showing 50 degrees and mostly sunny in Indiana.

Of course, IUP seems to play best when it's cold, windy and pouring.

Comment

58 appears to be the D2 dress number for postseason.
                            I believe this is because the NCAA is paying the travel costs for at least one team - plus at that number you're not taking guys who would never be playing anyway due to injury, redshirt, etc. So in fairness, both teams have the same roster size available to them.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

I believe this is because the NCAA is paying the travel costs for at least one team - plus at that number you're not taking guys who would never be playing anyway due to injury, redshirt, etc. So in fairness, both teams have the same roster size available to them.
                              58 dressed and travel party capped at 80 humans

Comment

• Will Brown and Stewart play for IUP?

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X