Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

I'm pretty sure Horn was No. 2 all year.

As I've said before, they'll have a hard time landing any coveted high school QBs. It will be a very tough sell based on their recent history of bringing in imports. The transfer route has been very successful for IUP at the position so I don't see it changing any time soon.

The last two high school QBs they signed (prior to last year) ... one just entered the portal and the other changed positions.
    I think Marchitelli is the QB of the future but I don't see any reason to ponder the future right now.

Comment

• IUP got through 'Portal Week' with only two departures. Both (Krug and Woody) were deep bench guys.

The first 7 days after the last game is the danger zone for players leaving.

Comment

IUP got through 'Portal Week' with only two departures. Both (Krug and Woody) were deep bench guys.

The first 7 days after the last game is the danger zone for players leaving.
        Unless you go to D1, where is there to go?

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPNation View Post

Unless you go to D1, where is there to go?
          Back to Edinboro

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPalum View Post

Back to Edinboro
            Sounds like they have plenty of room available.

Comment

• Loosely following some recruiting in the WPIAL.

I know one thing for sure: Clarion has offered every player in the WPIAL.

Comment

Loosely following some recruiting in the WPIAL.

I know one thing for sure: Clarion has offered every player in the WPIAL.
                I’m sure they have plenty of openings to fill.

Comment

• IUP is listed as having open dates week 1 the next 2 seasons. I thought you had a 4 year deal with Ashland? Perhaps just hasn't been updated I guess?

Comment

• Originally posted by Ram040506 View Post
                    IUP is listed as having open dates week 1 the next 2 seasons. I thought you had a 4 year deal with Ashland? Perhaps just hasn't been updated I guess?
                    Yeah, not updated. The contact for that listing is the old OC who left the program.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

Yeah, not updated. The contact for that listing is the old OC who left the program.
                      Correct. The IUP/Ashland series is signed and sealed for 4 years.

Comment

Correct. The IUP/Ashland series is signed and sealed for 4 years.
                        Ashland AD King Has IUP ties. Deal definitely done IUP 3 straight home games to start year.Wonder if Ashland doesn’t hire there top assistant that has been there a while if they would try to Poach Tort. He does have experience in that area, interesting for sure.

Comment

• Originally posted by Iupgh View Post
                          Ashland AD King Has IUP ties. Deal definitely done IUP 3 straight home games to start year.Wonder if Ashland doesn’t hire there top assistant that has been there a while if they would try to Poach Tort. He does have experience in that area, interesting for sure.
                          I heard the Tort rumor this past weekend but didn't give it much thought. I can't see it happening. He's so entrenched here (kids, etc.).

Comment

I heard the Tort rumor this past weekend but didn't give it much thought. I can't see it happening. He's so entrenched here (kids, etc.).
                            Hard to pick up and move after being there 20 plus years for a parallel move.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPalum View Post

Hard to pick up and move after being there 20 plus years for a parallel move.
                              You probably have a better chance to win the last game of the season at Ashland than at IUP -- all things considered.

They have more money in the program, a way stronger following (donors) and their facilities are Taj Mahal compared to IUP's dump.

Everything is in place there to win and win big. They just better not screw up this hire.

If Tort was 10 years younger ... who knows. But now, ... I just can't see it.

The only angle I suppose you could make would be his kids are older now and perhaps he thinks he's hit the high water mark in Indiana (which, perhaps he has).

But, for all you Tort lovers, keep in mind Joe Lombardi has been linked to about 75 different jobs in the past decade. He's still here.

Comment

You probably have a better chance to win the last game of the season at Ashland than at IUP -- all things considered.

They have more money in the program, a way stronger following (donors) and their facilities are Taj Mahal compared to IUP's dump.

Everything is in place there to win and win big. They just better not screw up this hire.

If Tort was 10 years younger ... who knows. But now, ... I just can't see it.

The only angle I suppose you could make would be his kids are older now and perhaps he thinks he's hit the high water mark in Indiana (which, perhaps he has).

But, for all you Tort lovers, keep in mind Joe Lombardi has been linked to about 75 different jobs in the past decade. He's still here.
                                BUT Joe has that Tahj Mahal and has that greater chance of winning the last game here already!

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X