Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

THE IUP Football Thread

Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by IUPalum View Post

    I'm pretty sure that isn't true. Not once did I hear anyone talk about GV trying to schedule IUP. Now there were other schools that tried and IUP turned down but they were turned down for other reasons. Most were sub .500 teams or close to it. Ashland is the only "real" competition that I've heard were in contact with IUP.
    Maybe Matt can confirm - I recall it being talked about with some validation years ago. If so, I want to say there were logistical issues like dates, not IUP concerned about outcomes. Maybe Grand Valley wasn't paying a guarantee back then. Their deal with Edinboro was something like $60k for a 3 game series (2 games at Lubbers).

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

      Maybe Matt can confirm - I recall it being talked about with some validation years ago. If so, I want to say there were logistical issues like dates, not IUP concerned about outcomes. Maybe Grand Valley wasn't paying a guarantee back then. Their deal with Edinboro was something like $60k for a 3 game series (2 games at Lubbers).
      There was one team last year in the South or Midwest who offered IUP a game (that IUP declined). It was a very long trip and a one-year deal.

      They tried to get Charleston and Glenville State to come to Miller but both declined and took other games. Word was West Virginia Wesleyan was willing to come but wanted a decent amount of coin.

      I'm just thrilled they have a 4-year deal with Ashland. That's a quality opponent (unlike most of the cupcakes our better teams play) -- and, most importantly, we don't have to hear about it.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

        There was one team last year in the South or Midwest who offered IUP a game (that IUP declined). It was a very long trip and a one-year deal.

        They tried to get Charleston and Glenville State to come to Miller but both declined and took other games. Word was West Virginia Wesleyan was willing to come but wanted a decent amount of coin.

        I'm just thrilled they have a 4-year deal with Ashland. That's a quality opponent (unlike most of the cupcakes our better teams play) -- and, most importantly, we don't have to hear about it.
        I see the Rock has there schedules out for 2024/2025. Can’t find anything on the PSAC website. Maybe IUP will not play Rock/Cal back to back for the umpteenth time. Rock got Shepherd Ship Bloom for crossovers…IUP I believe is due to definitely get LH/Millersville. The other opponent will come from Kutz/ Shep /WCU.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Iupgh View Post

          I see the Rock has there schedules out for 2024/2025. Can’t find anything on the PSAC website. Maybe IUP will not play Rock/Cal back to back for the umpteenth time. Rock got Shepherd Ship Bloom for crossovers…IUP I believe is due to definitely get LH/Millersville. The other opponent will come from Kutz/ Shep /WCU.
          Those "future" SRU schedules are interesting - it looks like 2023 will be the last year of the two-year A/B scheduling method since their 2024 and 2025 schedules don't align.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Iupgh View Post

            I see the Rock has there schedules out for 2024/2025. Can’t find anything on the PSAC website. Maybe IUP will not play Rock/Cal back to back for the umpteenth time. Rock got Shepherd Ship Bloom for crossovers…IUP I believe is due to definitely get LH/Millersville. The other opponent will come from Kutz/ Shep /WCU.
            They do play them back to back. Again. Go to future schedules and you'll see it

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

              Maybe Matt can confirm - I recall it being talked about with some validation years ago. If so, I want to say there were logistical issues like dates, not IUP concerned about outcomes. Maybe Grand Valley wasn't paying a guarantee back then. Their deal with Edinboro was something like $60k for a 3 game series (2 games at Lubbers).
              It was accused that it was 10 years in a row recently that GV asked IUP and we were “too scared” to play them.

              He’s also mocking IUP for not bowing down to their offer with a few days notice to play them when your team bailed out due to Covid. Who would take that?

              Comment


              • Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

                They do play them back to back. Again. Go to future schedules and you'll see it
                I only see through 2023 on the Hone Office’s website. I hope the change it up and how crossovers are determined.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

                  They do play them back to back. Again. Go to future schedules and you'll see it
                  We're not looking at the same schedules, then.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by IUPNation View Post

                    It was accused that it was 10 years in a row recently that GV asked IUP and we were “too scared” to play them.

                    He’s also mocking IUP for not bowing down to their offer with a few days notice to play them when your team bailed out due to Covid. Who would take that?
                    Maybe they did throw IUP the Covid offer but nobody takes that 3 days previous to the game day with no prep time. ESPECIALLY with all the unknowns at the time with Covid.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by IUPalum View Post

                      Maybe they did throw IUP the Covid offer but nobody takes that 3 days previous to the game day with no prep time. ESPECIALLY with all the unknowns at the time with Covid.
                      On top of it IUP didn't have a Week 1 game scheduled so they started camp a full week later than everybody else.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by IUPalum View Post

                        Maybe they did throw IUP the Covid offer but nobody takes that 3 days previous to the game day with no prep time. ESPECIALLY with all the unknowns at the time with Covid.
                        Yeah that’s what I said but the response was we were too scared. It was pretty hilarious.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

                          On top of it IUP didn't have a Week 1 game scheduled so they started camp a full week later than everybody else.
                          I mentioned that too.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
                            IUP has offered former WVU WR Nick Maher (North Catholic).

                            Nice size at 6'2 and 210 lbs. He redshirted and then didn't play a whole lot this past year. Three years eligibility.
                            Really liked him out of high school a couple years ago…I think he’ll sign with Clarion. Will be a nice add to the WR room

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by CUlater View Post

                              Really liked him out of high school a couple years ago…I think he’ll sign with Clarion. Will be a nice add to the WR room
                              Double or nothing on the wings IUP gets him.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

                                Double or nothing on the wings IUP gets him.
                                Deal…we may sneak that QB you had on campus out front underneath you as well.

                                Comment

                                Ad3

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X