Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by IUPNation View Post

We should have sued over that name.
    We tried to. As I recall, the main legal stumbling block was that they operated in different markets so there was no infringement. Ultimately, it was that IUP was not damaged by the IUPUI name. Of course, IUP didn't agree with that ruling.

Comment

• Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post

We tried to. As I recall, the main legal stumbling block was that they operated in different markets so there was no infringement. Ultimately, it was that IUP was not damaged by the IUPUI name. Of course, IUP didn't agree with that ruling.
      That was the same rationale in the ruling when Kansas sued Kutztown for using a very similar KU logo.

Comment

Unless I'm missing it, it doesn't mention a name change although I guess if it's 2 schools they would change it.
        Mentioned in this article: https://www.insidehighered.com/news/...-venture-iupui

Going forward, the IUPUI campus will be known as Indiana University Indianapolis. The Purdue portion of the campus will serve as an academic extension of its home base in West Lafayette, though Purdue officials have not yet decided on a new name for its extension in Indianapolis.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post
          Tell you what, IUPUI really rolls off the announcers' tongue.

They surely could have came up with a better name.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

Tell you what, IUPUI really rolls off the announcers' tongue.

They surely could have came up with a better name.
            The locals refer to it as "Ewwy Pooy"

Comment

The locals refer to it as "Ewwy Pooy"
              Funny this came up. I was just on that campus this week. It was odd to see the IUP shirts with the added UI on the end. If I was thinking ahead I could have worn some IUP gear and caught some odd looks.

Comment

• Can any of local Indiana residents remember the name of the family Dept store that was on the Northeast corner of 7th and Philadelphia. I’m trying to remember the name of it…I actually still own a sweater from there so it’s now vintage.

Comment

Can any of local Indiana residents remember the name of the family Dept store that was on the Northeast corner of 7th and Philadelphia. I’m trying to remember the name of it…I actually still own a sweater from there so it’s now vintage.
                  Waxler's?

I remember Sol Waxler. the owner.

Comment

Waxler's?

I remember Sol Waxler. the owner.
                    They had nice clothes. Not cheesy stuff at all.

Comment

They had nice clothes. Not cheesy stuff at all.
                      Are you thinking of The 700 Shop?

They do carry higher-end men's clothing (and it's been there seemingly forever).

Comment

Are you thinking of The 700 Shop?

They do carry higher-end men's clothing (and it's been there seemingly forever).
                        Nope. The store I am talking about was caddy corner from the 700 Shop. Yea I did but stuff from there as well. Another good place to shop.

Comment

• Tyjeir Williams, West Mifflin, has given his Twitter Blessings commitment to IUP.

He's a 6'1", 180 lb, WR/DB

Looks like Tort beat out Clarion and Edinboro.

Comment

Tyjeir Williams, West Mifflin, has given his Twitter Blessings commitment to IUP.

He's a 6'1", 180 lb, WR/DB

Looks like Tort beat out Clarion and Edinboro.
                            Clarion, Edinboro, IUP, and some D3 schools. Throw in a random FCS or MAC school and you've got a perfect summary of this recruiting season. Nothing makes sense.

Comment

Clarion, Edinboro, IUP, and some D3 schools. Throw in a random FCS or MAC school and you've got a perfect summary of this recruiting season. Nothing makes sense.
                              Like I said, every player in the WPIAL has a Clarion offer so take that with a grain of salt.

Odd Cal and SRU weren't in on him. They usually chase all the same players.

Comment

• Zach Boyd (WR / Elizabeth Forward) has committed to Tort and the Co-Op Store Tee-Shirt Slingers.

This is a big get for IUP.

Hit that jukebox

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X