X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ship69
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPNation View Post

The accusations on here over the years of the so called boorish behavior in The Cig has been amusing when it's been a total dead zone for years...

1. We've never had a indignant message go across our scoreboard to the opposing coach. East Stroudsburg

2. There has never been a sign saying F*** (whoever was the visitor that day) hanging up for the world to see. Shippensburg

3. Our mascot never went to visitor side taunt (ok that may have happened in the 80's) and then fans go over to look for fights after a upset win. Millersville.

4. Bo Napoleon got mugged at Bloomsburg.
    Well, no one at Shippensburg so far as I know kept a grievance file of all the slights opponents have delivered to us over the past 20 years or whatever. The half-dozen or so drunken frat boys who often put up that sign on their apartment balcony at Ship seem to have accomplished their purpose of getting into your head.. IF you want to see some real boorish behavior, try being a Northwestern fan trying to walk by the Ohio State fraternity row to get to Ohio Stadium for a game as I have.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Here's some extra motivation: lose and you'll likely be on a bus for 10 hours (each way) to Boston.

Leave a comment:

• Ram Tough
    replied

IUP fans are the meanies and everyone else is nice and classy.

Who didn't see that coming?

:-)
    I didn't say that either. LOL

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

The accusations on here over the years of the so called boorish behavior in The Cig has been amusing when it's been a total dead zone for years...

1. We've never had a indignant message go across our scoreboard to the opposing coach. East Stroudsburg

2. There has never been a sign saying F*** (whoever was the visitor that day) hanging up for the world to see. Shippensburg

3. Our mascot never went to visitor side taunt (ok that may have happened in the 80's) and then fans go over to look for fights after a upset win. Millersville.

Don't for the 2021 chants of "F*ck IUP" (by the entire student section) at SRU that they let go on and on and never said a word.

Of course, that worked out pretty well for IUP as it seemed to motivate them to blow them out. Nice thing about a blowout is the home side up there was a ghost town mid-3rd quarter. Those 'best fans around' were quick to bail.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by Ram040506 View Post

If it makes you feel any better, #3 for Shippensburg did that while I was in school as well, and I recall seeing a sheet or sign on a balcony on the apartments next to the stadium years later with the same F*** Shep.

I've been to IUP once, no issue for me. Excited fans afterwards (shep side) and maybe a few things that didn't mean to be said were said, but hardly anything noteworthy. Good luck to both teams and FS82 on Saturday.

It's a little different dynamic inside Miller this year for the visiting fans. By moving the band back in to the bleachers (home side) an entire section (20% of home side) was taken away. So, now there is only (1) general admission section on the home side (along with 3 reserved sections). So, the visiting side is now more like the 50/50 side.

Because of IUP's ridiculous ticket prices (compared to most) many 'home' fans just buy general admission and now sit on the 'visitor' side (or, they don't buy a ticket at all and just walk through one of the 8 open gates around the stadium ... but, that's a different topic). So, the two fan bases get to mingle. In the past, a handful of IUP fans would sit on the visitor side but very few. Now, it's a pretty big contingent.

It's by no means a rowdy crowd over there but the difference is the guests used to get the whole side ... now, they get about half.

Leave a comment:

• Ram040506
    replied

If it makes you feel any better, #3 for Shippensburg did that while I was in school as well, and I recall seeing a sheet or sign on a balcony on the apartments next to the stadium years later with the same F*** Shep.

I've been to IUP once, no issue for me. Excited fans afterwards (shep side) and maybe a few things that didn't mean to be said were said, but hardly anything noteworthy. Good luck to both teams and FS82 on Saturday.

Leave a comment:

• IUPNation
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

I can just picture an 87-year-old grandma (also known as our student section and 87% of our fan base) calling somebody a "Sheep F*cker" ... lol

If anybody ever sees an irate fan inside The Funeral Home ... please take a video. Of course, that crowd will be a little ticked off with this 'late' 3 p.m. start this Saturday.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

I can just picture an 87-year-old grandma (also known as our student section and 87% of our fan base) calling somebody a "Sheep F*cker" ... lol

If anybody ever sees an irate fan inside The Funeral Home ... please take a video. Of course, that crowd will be a little ticked off with this 'late' 3 p.m. start this Saturday.

Leave a comment:

• IUPNation
    replied
    Originally posted by Ram Tough View Post

I mean, the last time I was at IUP, I was called a "Sheep F---er" and things worse than that while in the stands. For some reason, I don't see the two as comparable.

Leave a comment:

• Ram Tough
    replied
    Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

See you Saturday, sweetie pie!
    This is the real PSAC Championship.

Leave a comment:

• Fightingscot82
    replied
    Originally posted by IUP Crimson Hawk View Post

You have been warned!! I would not step foot at my tailgate!!
    See you Saturday, sweetie pie!

Leave a comment:

• Ram Tough
    replied
    Originally posted by Ram040506 View Post

lol the goodbye song... HOW DARE THEY!
    I mean, the last time I was at IUP, I was called a "Sheep F---er" and things worse than that while in the stands. For some reason, I don't see the two as comparable.

Leave a comment:

• Ram040506
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

I don't think it was ever brought up (on here). It's there. Watch the playback. The home team doesn't forget getting the 'goodbye' song sung to it. Just sayin'.

Between 4-5 starters (QB, two DL, LB, etc.) out and 3 freshmen DBs ... last year was a total mismatch. It's a little more even this time around.
    lol the goodbye song... HOW DARE THEY!

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by Rambaseball View Post
    I don't remember any taunting discussions from last year either. Not saying it didn't....maybe some misinformation for some extra motivation..
    I don't think it was ever brought up (on here). It's there. Watch the playback. The home team doesn't forget getting the 'goodbye' song sung to it. Just sayin'.

Between 4-5 starters (QB, two DL, LB, etc.) out and 3 freshmen DBs ... last year was a total mismatch. It's a little more even this time around.

Leave a comment:

• Rambaseball
    replied
    I don't remember any taunting discussions from last year either. Not saying it didn't....maybe some misinformation for some extra motivation..

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X