Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's Year One so a transition was certainly expected. Hell, he could have ended the year with 10 wins and it would have been a great turnaround.

The thing that sticks out is even when they are losing this year ... they've been in just about every loss. The 19-2 beatings of the past have gone away. He landed a pretty good class last year and also injected some key transfers.

They have a beautiful facility -- and, most importantly, an AD now who actually gives a rats a$$ about baseball. As we know most of the 'non-revenue' sports at IUP were treated as third-class citizens for the past couple decades.

If Kline does a quick fix here ... I don't know how long they'll be able to keep him. But, hopefully they can keep this going for a couple years.

Comment

• Spring Ball started today.

Roster is posted.

Comment

• Nice to see Connor Kelly decided to stay.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

If Kline does a quick fix here ... I don't know how long they'll be able to keep him. But, hopefully they can keep this going for a couple years.

Comment

Spring Ball started today.

Roster is posted.
            When I look at that roster, first of all, I don't see Q Carter or Dylan Grubbs. On offense, they look pretty deep at all positions, and the OL seems to be pretty strong and 2 deep. On defense, they seem to have good players but have little depth. I guess that's where the transfers will come in. Thoughts?

Comment

• Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post

When I look at that roster, first of all, I don't see Q Carter or Dylan Grubbs. On offense, they look pretty deep at all positions, and the OL seems to be pretty strong and 2 deep. On defense, they seem to have good players but have little depth. I guess that's where the transfers will come in. Thoughts?
              Remember with that whole total semester thing some players cannot participate and will return in the Fall. Not sure if those you mention fall under that but every year some have to sit this out.

Comment

I thought we'd see at least one impact transfer sneak under the radar but it appears not.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

I thought we'd see at least one impact transfer sneak under the radar but it appears not.
                  Give it time. Most of IUP's most high-profile transfers didn't tend to surface until D1 Spring ball concludes. Transfer Season is a long season. As mentioned earlier, it certainly appears some Vulcans are coming to the good side of the tracks.

They got their QB out of the portal quickly and that was the most important person to have here for the Spring session. The other position players can learn/adapt much faster. Having a new but highly experienced QB here for the 20-some practices was a huge plus.

Comment

• Watching this should make every IUP fan cry...why don't we have stadiums like this......

The Top 10 Stadiums in D2......and surprise surprise...not one is in the Pee Sack! LOL

https://youtu.be/7mrz2NoBQEw

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPNation View Post
                      Watching this should make every IUP fan cry...why don't we have stadiums like this......

The Top 10 Stadiums in D2......and surprise surprise...not one is in the Pee Sack! LOL

We have a good shot at the bottom 10 if that list exists.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPNation View Post
                        Watching this should make every IUP fan cry...why don't we have stadiums like this......

Wow! That certainly is eye opening. I would say no school in the PSAC places that much value on football to have a stadium like those.

$44 million! It looks great and all - but for a D2 stadium?

Comment

Wow! That certainly is eye opening. I would say no school in the PSAC places that much value on football to have a stadium like those.

$44 million! It looks great and all - but for a D2 stadium?
                          As a Ship fan, I think our stadium is well-maintained, very adequate for its purpose, and a $2 million locker room upgrade was recently added. Given the current demographic outlook and the state of PASSHE, if anybody could come up with a plan to raise $44 million, I'd much rather it go to our endowment than a football stadium.

Comment

Comment

• Baseball split today with No. 13 Seton Hill.

Big day.

Comment

Last edited by EyeoftheHawk; 04-03-2022, 06:13 PM.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X