Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
    IUP is getting some lovely publicity this morning over the racist post from a student at Wednesday's basketball game.
    Wait, what? What'd I miss????

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPalum View Post

Wait, what? What'd I miss????
      https://www.thepenn.org/news/iup-stu...915204af4.html

FWIW, IUP is not allowed to punish this student because they would be violating her First Amendment right to say racist BS. But she's been outed and hopefully will get the picture that a) this isn't acceptable and b) she's no longer welcome at IUP.

Comment

• So I see what the post was made against..the playing of the black national anthem before the game. Yet I bet the same student had no problem with the right wing day of faith last weekend after the game. I personally would have not gone to that game because me and right wing Bible thumpers do not mix. If you don’t like something, ignore it. They are just being inclusive to everyone. Just don’t go when its something that ain’t you.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post
          Someone shared the 2024 & 2025 PSAC schedules with me and you all will be happy to know...the streak of IUP having Slippery Rock & Cal back-to-back comes to an end. The best part? It resumes in 2025.
          Where are u seeing the future schedules ? They are usually the same order in a two year period.

Comment

• Originally posted by Iupgh View Post

Where are u seeing the future schedules ? They are usually the same order in a two year period.
            Someone had the file from the conference.

@ Lock Haven
            @ Millersville
            vs. Clarion
            vs. Slippery Rock
            @ Edinboro
            vs. Seton Hill
            @ California
            @ Gannon
            vs. Mercyhurst
            vs. Kutztown

vs. Lock Haven
            vs. Millersville
            @ Seton Hill
            vs. Edinboro
            @ Mercyhurst
            @ Slippery Rock
            vs. California
            vs. Gannon
            @ Clarion
            @ Kutztown

Comment

https://www.thepenn.org/news/iup-stu...915204af4.html

FWIW, IUP is not allowed to punish this student because they would be violating her First Amendment right to say racist BS. But she's been outed and hopefully will get the picture that a) this isn't acceptable and b) she's no longer welcome at IUP.
              Yikes, not good.

Comment

IUP is getting some lovely publicity this morning over the racist post from a student at Wednesday's basketball game.
                I don't know what the content was that the student placed on social media; however, the response from the University community is redeeming.

Comment

• Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post

I don't know what the content was that the student placed on social media; however, the response from the University community is redeeming.
                  Click on the link above for The Penn article. It shows it loud and clear.

Comment

• Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post

Short story: a recent game was sponsored by offices as part of Black History Month programming. For this game, they played Lift Every Voice (referred to as the Black National Anthem). A female student at the game posted on Snapchat a pic/video with the caption "You n****** don't deserve your own national anthem".

Comment

Short story: a recent game was sponsored by offices as part of Black History Month programming. For this game, they played Lift Every Voice (referred to as the Black National Anthem). A female student at the game posted on Snapchat a pic/video with the caption "You n****** don't deserve your own national anthem".
                      She knew what the event was that night. She should have stayed in her firm room and read her MAGA Bible. If they have a promotion that isn’t a persons cup of tea, they don’t need to go and if they do suck it up cupcake. I wouldn’t have gone on the day of faith recently. I don’t do religion and I don’t need to hear the hypocrisy. So I would have not gone and let those who do like it have their day.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPNation View Post

She knew what the event was that night. She should have stayed in her firm room and read her MAGA Bible. If they have a promotion that isn’t a persons cup of tea, they don’t need to go and if they do suck it up cupcake. I wouldn’t have gone on the day of faith recently. I don’t do religion and I don’t need to hear the hypocrisy. So I would have not gone and let those who do like it have their day.
                        Not saying I agree with the Day of Faith event either at a public university ... BUT it did all take place AFTER the game. So, it was up to each patron if they wanted to stay or leave.

The choir performance on Wednesday was very good (although so long they had to let the teams warm up again).

As for that idiot in the video, hopefully she's in the portal (and hired security).

Comment

Not saying I agree with the Day of Faith event either at a public university ... BUT it did all take place AFTER the game. So, it was up to each patron if they wanted to stay or leave.

The choir performance on Wednesday was very good (although so long they had to let the teams warm up again).

As for that idiot in the video, hopefully she's in the portal (and hired security).
                          Exactly. Everybody has a right to be recognized including People we don’t agree with….

Comment

Someone had the file from the conference.

@ Lock Haven
                            @ Millersville
                            vs. Clarion
                            vs. Slippery Rock
                            @ Edinboro
                            vs. Seton Hill
                            @ California
                            @ Gannon
                            vs. Mercyhurst
                            vs. Kutztown

vs. Lock Haven
                            vs. Millersville
                            @ Seton Hill
                            vs. Edinboro
                            @ Mercyhurst
                            @ Slippery Rock
                            vs. California
                            vs. Gannon
                            @ Clarion
                            @ Kutztown

Hopefully Lock Haven still isn't a dumpster fire by then. I think I read they signed 479 incoming freshmen this off-season.

Comment

Hopefully Lock Haven still isn't a dumpster fire by then. I think I read they signed 479 incoming freshmen this off-season.
                              They are the next Ferris Bueller State.

Comment

• Baseball wins the opener against East Stroudsburg, 4-2
                                ​​​

Hockey hosts Alabama tonight. I get this is 'club' hockey but that's a long haul

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X