Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IUP has offered former West Florida RB Hargrove.

He's a burner.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

Short story: a recent game was sponsored by offices as part of Black History Month programming. For this game, they played Lift Every Voice (referred to as the Black National Anthem). A female student at the game posted on Snapchat a pic/video with the caption "You n****** don't deserve your own national anthem".
      This little princess is no longer enrolled at IUP.

Comment

What a shock - good riddance!

Comment

As it should be, that issue is still a major issue on campus.

That young lady is very fortunate she wasn't physically harmed immediately after the basketball game (as she was obviously followed out of the building by those filming her).

I don't understand the world of Snapchat but that's apparently where her post was made. It quickly went viral within the KCAC student section and they (angered students) were able to quickly trace it back to her (while she was at the game). Her name went public within minutes.

So, yeah, she was done here. She looks like your typical little preppy white girl. I'd assume she'll just transfer within the system and hope her story doesn't follow her.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

That young lady is very fortunate she wasn't physically harmed immediately after the basketball game (as she was obviously followed out of the building by those filming her).

I don't understand the world of Snapchat but that's apparently where her post was made. It quickly went viral within the KCAC student section and they (angered students) were able to quickly trace it back to her (while she was at the game). Her name went public within minutes.

So, yeah, she was done here. She looks like your typical little preppy white girl. I'd assume she'll just transfer within the system and hope her story doesn't follow her.
            She'd be better off taking a year off then starting new somewhere.

Comment

• Very happy that the IUP community so quickly moved against such a hateful statement by this student. We all know IUP isn't exactly the liberal indoctrination center some think it is - nor are the surrounding communities - so its nice to see folks call out and hold her accountable socially. My hope is that she honestly thinks about what she said and learns something - not just that she shouldn't have said it.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

She can probably get into Grove City without a problem. Her post would probably get her a scholarship there.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPNation View Post

She can probably get into Grove City without a problem. Her post would probably get her a scholarship there.
                  Grove City is batsh*t crazy but not overtly racist. Yes, they believe the DeSantis "learning black history is anti-white hate" trope, but I imagine even they'd toss a student who posted something racist at a campus event about other students. They're private so they can toss you for this - but also for things like being anything but heterosexual, caught having sex, spending the night with someone, etc. because they refuse to accept federal student aid. Its the dominant social culture because their big donor alumni control that kind of stuff.

Comment

because they refuse to accept federal student aid. .
                    Wow, I didn't know that about Grove City.

Comment

Very happy that the IUP community so quickly moved against such a hateful statement by this student. We all know IUP isn't exactly the liberal indoctrination center some think it is - nor are the surrounding communities - so its nice to see folks call out and hold her accountable socially. My hope is that she honestly thinks about what she said and learns something - not just that she shouldn't have said it.
                      What we want to avoid as a society is where people stand up for her and it's legitimized. I'm not sure how far we are from that but it seems like we're getting closer. Let's face it, this young lady is just the tip of the iceberg.

Comment

Grove City is batsh*t crazy but not overtly racist. Yes, they believe the DeSantis "learning black history is anti-white hate" trope, but I imagine even they'd toss a student who posted something racist at a campus event about other students. They're private so they can toss you for this - but also for things like being anything but heterosexual, caught having sex, spending the night with someone, etc. because they refuse to accept federal student aid. It’the dominant social culture because their big donor alumni control that kind of stuff.
                        Isn’t there a really looney tune small college in the city as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post

Wow, I didn't know that about Grove City.
                          There are about a dozen. The two most well-known are Grove City and Hillsdale but most others are seminaries and Bible colleges. Since they refuse to participate in federal student aid or federal research funding (and they're private) they don't have to follow Title IX for gender equity. I wouldn't want my daughter attending a school that refuses to follow federal guidelines for addressing reports of sexual misconduct.

Comment

There are about a dozen. The two most well-known are Grove City and Hillsdale but most others are seminaries and Bible colleges. Since they refuse to participate in federal student aid or federal research funding (and they're private) they don't have to follow Title IX for gender equity. I wouldn't want my daughter attending a school that refuses to follow federal guidelines for addressing reports of sexual misconduct.
                            Isn't it also true that those schools cannot accept federal aid as tuition?

Edit: I guess you said that.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPNation View Post

Grove City is a great college!! It teaches the right stuff these young adults need these days!

Comment

• Originally posted by IUP Crimson Hawk View Post

Grove City is a great college!! It teaches the right stuff these young adults need these days!
                                Is walking on the grass there actually treated as a borderline criminal act or was that always a wise tale?

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X