Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

6-4 is an odd height to be listed as an athlete. Usually that's the quick, athletic little guy.
    I was thinking the same thing. Then I took a look at the team stats and notice he was 2nd on the team in rushing yards along with a team-leading 8 rushing TDs, he lead the team in all passing stats, and he caught a 16 yard TD pass. So he is quite the athlete. If he comes to Indiana Pa, I hope he cut down on his 9 INTs.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShoNuff View Post

I was thinking the same thing. Then I took a look at the team stats and notice he was 2nd on the team in rushing yards along with a team-leading 8 rushing TDs, he lead the team in all passing stats, and he caught a 16 yard TD pass. So he is quite the athlete. If he comes to Indiana Pa, I hope he cut down on his 9 INTs.
      From his film I'd say he's certainly dual-threat. He can move and is a physical runner (not that a physical, running QB makes me warm and fuzzy). But, he's a big dude. Arm looks pretty good (and some stud WRs will make it better).

If they get these guys (QB and RB) ... Starting to look good for 2023.

I like this guy they got today. He's a hard-nosed, big athlete. They've already signed two stud OL. Things are looking good.

BTW, they may need some volunteers for Spring Ball. Tacking dummy types.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPNation View Post

The last grad transfer had two years too. That didn't work out.
        Didn’t work out, u must of slept through last season, SMH.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
          Dominic Carlucci has signed with IUP. He is a Stetson transfer.

6'3", 240 lbs
          TE / H-Back

He had a ton of offers. Nice landing for Team CO-OP Store.
          Yes Carlucci is a stud and they have huge plans for him.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShoNuff View Post

The kid is a stud, they may lose him to a D 1 school…His tape against good competition is legit.

Comment

• Originally posted by Iupgh View Post

Didn’t work out, u must of slept through last season, SMH.
              I wasn't talking about his play on the field. We were given the impression he was going to be here for two year.

That didn't work out.

I wanted him back for this season.

Now breathe. it's ok.

Comment

• http://www.hudl.com/v/2GPkw7

Comment

• Question…why doesn’t UPJ have foosball?

Is it because the main campus is blocking it?

Comment

Question…why doesn’t UPJ have foosball?

I don't know the exact reason. They have a nice high school stadium bordering their campus (Richland).

Who knows. It's a weird vibe up there.

Comment

Question…why doesn’t UPJ have foosball?

Regardless of what's going on at UPJ, its my impression that athletics are quite the afterthought at the Pitt branches the same way it is at most Penn State branches. The administrative culture at Pitt (and UPJ) is pretty old-fashioned so it wouldn't surprise me if they see the expenses of football and stop there instead of weighing the benefit of an extra 100 students paying tuition who would never have been there. But also UPJ may be tapped on athletic fundraising and football would be a huge burden on that.

Comment

Regardless of what's going on at UPJ, its my impression that athletics are quite the afterthought at the Pitt branches the same way it is at most Penn State branches. The administrative culture at Pitt (and UPJ) is pretty old-fashioned so it wouldn't surprise me if they see the expenses of football and stop there instead of weighing the benefit of an extra 100 students paying tuition who would never have been there. But also UPJ may be tapped on athletic fundraising and football would be a huge burden on that.

I've always got the impression they don't have much of an athletic following -- despite not having much competition in Johnstown.

The UPJ campus is up on the hill and fairly far away from 'downtown' Johnstown. They are really two different worlds. UPJ is the only branch campus that is in D2.

That said, they've had a lot of success in wrestling and their men's basketball team is always competitive. I can't speak much on their other non-revenue sports.

The Sports Center (home of basketball and wrestling) is a nice enough facility for D2. It's the prototype, old school facility.

I can't see them ever adding football but you never know.

I know many people who went there and mostly liked it. Most said it's like a glorified high school experience.

Comment

• Cause we really need another D2 football school in PA. The opposite is more needed for a few to give it up.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ram040506 View Post
                            Cause we really need another D2 football school in PA. The opposite is more needed for a few to give it up.
                            Yup..but I think UPJ could make a better go of it than Clarion or Lock Haven.

If just seemed odd with the billions the main campus is is sitting on…

Comment

Yup..but I think UPJ could make a better go of it than Clarion or Lock Haven.

If just seemed odd with the billions the main campus is is sitting on…
                              They're such an afterthought. I think at this point its just an obligation to keep them going. The Pitt Titusville campus was down to about 60 students and they got trashed for voting to close it and backtracked. There are no special programs offered at any that you can't earn in Oakland or really any PASSHE campus for less money. The only advantage is if you can't commute further than Bradford, Greensburg, or Johnstown. At least Greensburg has Seton Hill as an option if you're able to pay (borrow) the extra thousands. Privates generally don't discount much for working adults.

Penn State uses the extra numbers to assert its reach and influence. Any specialty campus in the PSU system has lost its uniqueness as they've made moves to centralize everything in State College. In the next decade I bet they close or sell off the old law campus in Carlisle and maybe some smaller branches if there's a market for the real estate. They're screwed in places like Sharon and DuBois.

Both "systems" are in largely crap locations. Former industry towns that are the brick and mortar version of a 65 Corvette with rusted through sides and a leaky exhaust.

Comment

Both "systems" are in largely crap locations. Former industry towns that are the brick and mortar version of a 65 Corvette with rusted through sides and a leaky exhaust.
                                Like all other years of Corvette production, the 1965 models were made with fiberglass bodies and fiberglass doesn't rust. Draw whatever analogies you like from that.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X