Clear All

• Originally posted by EyeoftheHawk View Post

You mean behind Hills? :)
    …and Montgomery Ward!

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

Yes lol
      Amazing Indiana used to have two movie theaters
      The record shop at the Regency Mall was pretty good in the 80’s. Was in there many times…

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPNation View Post

The record shop at the Regency Mall was pretty good in the 80’s. Was in there many times…
        In the 90s there used to be a record store in the little side mall (type of place) beside the HUB (where the HUB fitness center is today). They also had a coffee shop-ish place that turned in to a comedy club on several weekends throughout the school year. They always had good shows ... the up-and-comers trying to make it on the college circuit.

That campus has changed so much.

Comment

In the 90s there used to be a record store in the little side mall (type of place) beside the HUB (where the HUB fitness center is today). They also had a coffee shop-ish place that turned in to a comedy club on several weekends throughout the school year. They always had good shows ... the up-and-comers trying to make it on the college circuit.

That campus has changed so much.
          Don't forget the horrible pizza at the Dugout Pizza shop right where the Hub is now. YUCK

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPalum View Post

Don't forget the horrible pizza at the Dugout Pizza shop right where the Hub is now. YUCK
            Yep, ate there a bunch. That might explain a lot. Wasn’t it owned by a former MLB player? The coffee shop was decent. I commuted for a couple years and would get in town early to get a decent parking spot but then had to wait an hour before my 8 a.m. class. Parking was a nightmare in those days.

Comment

• Originally posted by EyeoftheHawk View Post

Yep, ate there a bunch. That might explain a lot. Wasn’t it owned by a former MLB player? The coffee shop was decent. I commuted for a couple years and would get in town early to get a decent parking spot but then had to wait an hour before my 8 a.m. class. Parking was a nightmare in those days.
              I was a big Kangaroo's fan back in that era ... also The Gingerbread Man. Do you remember Murphy's Wings (on Philly St.)? I used to hang at the The Brown Hotel. It's still standing (barely).

Comment

I was a big Kangaroo's fan back in that era ... also The Gingerbread Man. Do you remember Murphy's Wings (on Philly St.)? I used to hang at the The Brown Hotel. It's still standing (barely).
                Murphy's had the whole wings! I can't believe The Brown Hotel is still standing. That place was a hole. I was a $3 Yuengling Pitcher guy at The Wolf.

Comment

• News reports are sayin 50-60 people on the second floor of that townhouse before the collapse. Sheesh.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post
                    News reports are sayin 50-60 people on the second floor of that townhouse before the collapse. Sheesh.
                    That would be packed in like a basement sewer frat party. Lucky nobody got killed.

Comment

I remember a bunch of us got all dressed up for dinner at The Brown Hotel. We thought we were being fancy.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPNation View Post

I remember a bunch of us got all dressed up for dinner at The Brown Hotel. We thought we were being fancy.
                        Perhaps in the 80s. By the mid-90s it kind of turned in to the 'hippie' bar in town. They would always have good acoustic performers (and not the blow-your-ears-out music up on Philly). It was a cool chill bar.

I think it's actually still for sale but it has some major structural issues. It would take some coin to get it functional (and code approved) again.

Comment

Perhaps in the 80s. By the mid-90s it kind of turned in to the 'hippie' bar in town. They would always have good acoustic performers (and not the blow-your-ears-out music up on Philly). It was a cool chill bar.

I think it's actually still for sale but it has some major structural issues. It would take some coin to get it functional (and code approved) again.
                          One of my good friends from college, and still to this day, loved The Brown. He was a "hippie" type as you would say. Grew up some since. Is it still open? I never went there. Graduated in 2015.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPalum View Post

Murphy's had the whole wings! I can't believe The Brown Hotel is still standing. That place was a hole. I was a $3 Yuengling Pitcher guy at The Wolf.
                            My favorite place for wings when I was on campus was at the now defunct Grubs Sports Bar. That was the combo Grubs/Wolfie's bar, owned by the same people. I read a couple years back that Grubs lost their liquor license. When I was on Philly Street in March when I was in town, it looked like there was no sign of it at all. Is Wolfie's closed too? I thought that stayed open. Wolfie's was always the place on Wednesday nights. That was "Country Night." It's amazing thinking back how wild we would get on a Wednesday night, close down the bar, and wake up for an 8AM like nothing ever happened. To be in college again lol.

Grub's had 50 cent wing nights, I think on Monday's. That was always a great deal. They had big wings too.

One of the underrated spots on Philly was Pita Pit. Although that was a chain, what a freaking awesome place. Was packed every night Thurs-Sat. It closed a few years ago. I think it died right before the pandemic. I had read somewhere that the Pita Pit in Indiana had the most foot traffic of any of their locations.

Comment

• Issac’s was a cool place to eat lunch back in the 80’s. They had expanded over the years but them to have retreated back to only their South Central PA base. The one by me closed in 2021…

Comment

• Northern Illinois offered Karst Hunter tonight.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X