Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Baseball swept a 4-game set against UPJ.

IUP is now 19-15 and on a 5-game win streak.

If somebody has done a bigger turnaround than Steve Kline ... wow.

This team was something like 2-36 a year ago.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
      Baseball swept a 4-game set against UPJ.

IUP is now 19-15 and on a 5-game win streak.

If somebody has done a bigger turnaround than Steve Kline ... wow.

This team was something like 2-36 a year ago.

Comment

• How do the PSAC playoffs work in Baseball?

Comment

• Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post

How do the PSAC playoffs work in Baseball?

Comment

• Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post
            FCs
            I believe both schools were advertising scheduling vacancies the same time as IUP. He's kind of right - people don't want to play IUP if they don't have to. But he's also talking about private schools who frequently pay guarantees for away team travel costs. Its possible that it was cheaper for Glenville to play Quincy than IUP.

But I didn't hear him say anything about trying to play FCS or DIII schools. Once again, you can't bemoan being without a partner if you're unwilling to adjust your standards.
            There not going to play 3 straight road games. No FCS playing at IUP. Dlll game just Stupid.

Comment

• Originally posted by Iupgh View Post

There not going to play 3 straight road games. No FCS playing at IUP. Dlll game just Stupid.
              D3 game could be better than some D2 games and might draw better. Counts the same as playing Alabama.

Comment

D3 game could be better than some D2 games and might draw better. Counts the same as playing Alabama.

Comment

• We've been around long enough to know the deal. Win them all and you're in. Anything less than that, and you just have to see how it plays out.

Comment

• A full schedule isn't necessary and IUP has proven that before. But to me it says IUP doesn't care about offering the best possible product or maximizing revenue. Ho hum. I'm sure there are several on campus happy that they won't have to work a Thursday evening or Saturday afternoon on Labor Day weekend and that's what matters, right? Joe plays a full schedule. And yes, he's played D3 schools in recent years in order to play a full schedule.

Comment

A full schedule isn't necessary and IUP has proven that before. But to me it says IUP doesn't care about offering the best possible product or maximizing revenue. Ho hum. I'm sure there are several on campus happy that they won't have to work a Thursday evening or Saturday afternoon on Labor Day weekend and that's what matters, right? Joe plays a full schedule. And yes, he's played D3 schools in recent years in order to play a full schedule.
                      It sucks for the fans to not have a home game until Week 4. But, they'll survive. The Miller Stadium crowd is essentially irrelevant regardless.

I suspect both ESU and Ship will be at or above .500 this upcoming season, so, as Nation pointed out, it's not like they have a Lock Haven or Millersville type there.

I'd assume the general expectation heading in to the 2022 season is a 9-1 regular season record. Recent history clearly leans toward a split of IUP's yearly (allegedly random) back-to-back with Cal/SRU.

Hopefully with the influx of some new coaches and players ... the Miller Stadium jinx (or, whatever the freak one wants to call it) ends.

They have a strong roster right now. But, it needs to be stronger by the time Fall camp opens. If Tort lands a couple key pieces, they should have a pretty special year.

Comment

A full schedule isn't necessary and IUP has proven that before. But to me it says IUP doesn't care about offering the best possible product or maximizing revenue. Ho hum. I'm sure there are several on campus happy that they won't have to work a Thursday evening or Saturday afternoon on Labor Day weekend and that's what matters, right? Joe plays a full schedule. And yes, he's played D3 schools in recent years in order to play a full schedule.

Comment

... to me it says IUP doesn't care about offering the best possible product or maximizing revenue.
                          If Tort had accepted Shepherd's offer to play in Shepherdstown, would you say the same thing?

http://www.indianagazette.com
                          www.twitter.com/MattBurglund

Comment

Playing a D3 makes sense if you're a lower-tier D2 looking to get a win to make yourself feel good. Millersville tried it a few years ago, but lost.

But for the better D2s, there is nothing to gain. It's only another opportunity to get someone injured. The "added" gate won't do much for the bottom line and it's not like beating Thiel 75-0 would suddenly make 5,000 people want to show up to see IUP-Mercyhurst in a few weeks.

It's a safety issue the other way, too. If you're Juanita or Grove City or Waynesburg, would you bring your guys to IUP? For what?
                            http://www.indianagazette.com
                            www.twitter.com/MattBurglund

Comment

• Last edited by EyeoftheHawk; 04-19-2022, 07:38 PM.

Comment

• Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X