Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IUP Mens Rugby wins the National Title.

But no useless Dixon Trophy.

Comment

• That remains to be seen. It would make sense if this is the case. But I have to see it to believe it....

Comment

• Originally posted by ShoNuff View Post

That remains to be seen. It would make sense if this is the case. But I have to see it to believe it....
        Wishful thinking. All conference players don't up and leave and things get better. That doesn't happen.

I think the East is where the action is this season, the West is IUP vs Rock, no way Cal competes with how much they lost this offseason. West Chester, Shepherd, Kutztown will be a nice battle royale to rep the East. Maybe Ship surprises as well.

Comment

• Lindy's Preseason Top 25 was released.

SR1

6. Shepherd
          9. Notre Dame (OH)
          17. California
          21. IUP

Comment

• https://www.d2football.com/opendates/
            D2 open dates

Comment

• Originally posted by badboyz8 View Post
              AB is off the list.

Glenville chose to travel to Quincy rather than Indiana, PA.

The ship has sailed. The trip to IUP Nation's favorite scoreboard is up next. Hopefully Tort gives it the same workout as IUP's last visit there when they put up 72 or 77 (can't remember). They could have scored 100 that day.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

AB is off the list.

The ship has sailed. The trip to IUP Nation's favorite scoreboard is up next. Hopefully Tort gives it the same workout as IUP's last visit there when they put up 72 or 77 (can't remember). They could have scored 100 that day.
                I was thinking about going up for that one too. A 7pm game..probably would stay over night.

Comment

AB is off the list.

I forget where AB is going - Gannon? Quincy is private and can offer things a PSAC school can't such as a fee or covering some travel expenses like lodging.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

I forget where AB is going - Gannon? Quincy is private and can offer things a PSAC school can't such as a fee or covering some travel expenses like lodging.

AB is hosting Mercyhurst. Charleston took the trip to Gannon as opposed to IUP's invite for them to visit Miller Stadium. Can't blame them.

As for Glenville State:

Glenville, WV, to Quincy, IL, is 11 hours (longer by bus) and just under 700 miles

Glenville, WV, to Indiana, Pa, is 4 hours and 183 miles

They could have come here without the need for lodging.

Kellar's seat is getting warm down there. I didn't expect him to want to come here.

Comment

AB is hosting Mercyhurst. Charleston took the trip to Gannon as opposed to IUP's invite for them to visit Miller Stadium. Can't blame them.

As for Glenville State:

Glenville, WV, to Quincy, IL, is 11 hours (longer by bus) and just under 700 miles

Glenville, WV, to Indiana, Pa, is 4 hours and 183 miles

They could have come here without the need for lodging.

Kellar's seat is getting warm down there. I didn't expect him to want to come here.
                      Shepherd reached out to Glenville as well. MEC isn't going to allow their teams to schedule with Shepherd though so it was a non starter. It's ashame as all the schools would benefit somewhat with closer proximity games OOC.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ram040506 View Post
                        MEC isn't going to allow their teams to schedule with Shepherd.
                        How could it stop them?
                        http://www.indianagazette.com
                        www.twitter.com/MattBurglund

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt Burglund View Post

How could it stop them?
                          It's not illegal to count cards. It's just frowned upon.

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt Burglund View Post

How could it stop them?
                            MEC commish still is upset about Shepherd bouncing to the PSAC and discourages their members from scheduling Shepherd. Not a rule, but certainly an influence.

Comment

The away game kickoff times have been updated on the schedule.

@ East Stroudsburg - 7:05 p.m.

@ Shippensburg - 1 p.m.

@ Cal, @ Edinboro, @ LIT-AF - 12 p.m.

Not a fan of the 12 p.m. Coal Bowl time slot.

Comment

• It becomes a long trip. I assume they'll travel Friday and return Sunday.

I'd hope they go up Friday, anyway. I wouldn't want the team sitting in a bus for 4-5 hours and then playing the same night.

At least with the trip being in early September there aren't any weather concerns for the fans making the voyage. Going up there in late October or November can get a bit dicey.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X