Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by gman16506 View Post

Although everything you said is true, Slippery Rock will probably win the Dixon Cup for one reason and one reason only. They finished first or second in men's and women's track which in itself is ok, but there is an indoor and an outdoor season. Why the PSAC awards points for both seasons is beyond me since I venture to say it's the same athletics competing! Kinda like having indoor and outdoor basketball or volleyball for that matter. Hence, football has one chance to gain Dixon Cup points, but men's and women's track have four opportunities. Just a random thought for consideration.
    I’ve been making that point for a while.

Comment

• It figures beisbol makes the national playoffs for the first time since 1990 in a three team pod at Walk On U and I have to work. They play at 11am tomorrow.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPNation View Post
        It figures beisbol makes the national playoffs for the first time since 1990 in a three team pod at Walk On U and I have to work. They play at 11am tomorrow.
        IUP beat Charleston 19-7 in a game that lasted almost 4 hours. They move on to a 3 game series against the winner of #1 seed WCU/Charleston which is starting shortly. I can't believe Charleston will be up for that game after the lengthy drubbing by IUP. But baseball is unpredictable. This is "pod 2." The tourney is split into two "pods" with ESU, Ville, and SHU in the other pod. The 2 pod winners will meet for the regional championship. It does generate some late Spring intrigue for the board.

Comment

• Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post

IUP beat Charleston 19-7 in a game that lasted almost 4 hours. They move on to a 3 game series against the winner of #1 seed WCU/Charleston which is starting shortly. I can't believe Charleston will be up for that game after the lengthy drubbing by IUP. But baseball is unpredictable. This is "pod 2." The tourney is split into two "pods" with ESU, Ville, and SHU in the other pod. The 2 pod winners will meet for the regional championship. It does generate some late Spring intrigue for the board.
          What is the 'region' in baseball (obviously the PSAC and MEC). Is that it, or is there another conference in play (that didn't get any invites this year)?

Comment

• IUP hammering Charleston today is quite the accomplishment.

Consider this program was 2-35 in 2021. Today they won an NCAA game (34th win of the season).

I sure hope they can lock up Steve Kline for a couple more years.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
              IUP hammering Charleston today is quite the accomplishment.

Consider this program was 2-35 in 2021. Today they won an NCAA game (34th win of the season).

I sure hope they can lock up Steve Kline for a couple more years.
              I don’t expect them to get past Walk On U as they are a national contending program..a win or two in the playoffs is quite the step forward for IUP.

Comment

• Charleston beat Walk On U. IUP can eliminate Walk On U with a win.

Comment

Charleston beat Walk On U. IUP can eliminate Walk On U with a win.
                  The schedule is confusing. I've seen different interpretations of it. According to "Tournament Central" the game on Saturday is "if needed." I think that means if IUP beats WCU tomorrow IUP wins the pod. Anybody know this for sure?

Comment

Charleston beat Walk On U. IUP can eliminate Walk On U with a win.
                    Playoff teams are as good as their next starting pitcher.

Quite the upset, though.

Comment

• IUP has a 2-0 lead over West Chester in the Bottom of the 4th.

Comment

• IUP 9
                        West Chester 2

8th inning

Comment

• IUP won 9-3, eliminating WCU. So, tomorrow IUP plays Charleston again in the double-elimination tournament. IUP needs to win 1 game tomorrow.

Comment

IUP won 9-3, eliminating WCU. So, tomorrow IUP plays Charleston again in the double-elimination tournament. IUP needs to win 1 game tomorrow.
                            Pretty remarkable run. I can tell you they can’t expect Charleston to make seven errors again tomorrow. It’s going to come down to who has enough pitching left.

Comment

IUP won 9-3, eliminating WCU. So, tomorrow IUP plays Charleston again in the double-elimination tournament. IUP needs to win 1 game tomorrow.
                              It’s a pretty big upset..but Walk On U really crspoed the bed on their home field.

Comment

• IUP baseball is light years beyond what they were before Steve Kline. He's done a remarkable job.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X