Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ram Tough View Post

I mean, it does seem to be an issue with your team every season, and I wasn't the only one who questioned it.

Again, the adults are talking. Go take your insults to the kiddie table.

Lockhart's injury was a total fluke. He's a massive loss as he would have been one of their stars this year. He'll have a decision to make if he wants to medical redshirt and come back next year.

I haven't heard anything about why RB1-A (Dayjure Stewart) didn't dress. RB1-B (Houser) is very gifted but is just having trouble staying on the field. I'd guess a separated shoulder will cost a running back several weeks (if not longer). He was hurt in the first game last year, too, and missed most of the season.

Their star DL (Gregory Moore) also didn't dress. He was said to have a foot injury. Their best DB (Howard) also didn't dress as he was still in concussion protocol. Both are expected back this week.

No team is going through a season fully healthy. Not only is the game so violent, but football has tons of fluke injuries. An awkward cut and a knee blows out, lineman get rolled up on after the whistle, etc. Those fluke injuries are why it drives me bonkers when coaches leave star players in during blowouts.

No doubt, IUP has had some really bad luck in this department the last couple years.

I don't think their camp process can be blamed. They probably run a similar camp to everybody else in regard to contact, etc. IUP's injuries get magnified because there are so many IUP posters on here. After 2 games (for most) I'm sure everybody has a handful at this point. And, when you're talking about multiple offensive starters and two of your top defensive players ... they get a lot more attention.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

Lockhart's injury was a total fluke. He's a massive loss as he would have been one of their stars this year. He'll have a decision to make if he wants to medical redshirt and come back next year.

I haven't heard anything about why RB1-A (Dayjure Stewart) didn't dress. RB1-B (Houser) is very gifted but is just having trouble staying on the field. I'd guess a separated shoulder will cost a running back several weeks (if not longer). He was hurt in the first game last year, too, and missed most of the season.

Their star DL (Gregory Moore) also didn't dress. He was said to have a foot injury. Their best DB (Howard) also didn't dress as he was still in concussion protocol. Both are expected back this week.

No team is going through a season fully healthy. Not only is the game so violent, but football has tons of fluke injuries. An awkward cut and a knee blows out, lineman get rolled up on after the whistle, etc. Those fluke injuries are why it drives me bonkers when coaches leave star players in during blowouts.

No doubt, IUP has had some really bad luck in this department the last couple years.

I don't think their camp process can be blamed. They probably run a similar camp to everybody else in regard to contact, etc. IUP's injuries get magnified because there are so many IUP posters on here. After 2 games (for most) I'm sure everybody has a handful at this point. And, when you're talking about multiple offensive starters and two of your top defensive players ... they get a lot more attention.
      Should be an interesting game at Ship. A lot of suspense surrounding who will be in the starting lineup.

Got to admit, they are really banged up.
      Last edited by iupgroundhog; 09-12-2022, 09:53 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ram Tough View Post

I mean, it does seem to be an issue with your team every season, and I wasn't the only one who questioned it.

Again, the adults are talking. Go take your insults to the kiddie table.
        He's a former player so he takes everything personal.

Comment

I got pounced for my assertion on Sexton's game. But alas, a win is a win. My only other criticism is that they didn't seem to get much out of their RB committee. I expected better from Woody.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

I got pounced for my assertion on Sexton's game. But alas, a win is a win. My only other criticism is that they didn't seem to get much out of their RB committee. I expected better from Woody.
            Valid. They did get 38 on what was hyped all summer to be a strong D.

And with a MASH unit forming.

Comment

Stewart had covid, should be back Tuesday to practice

Comment

I even came to the conclusion later on that we likely heard more from IUP than most other programs just because of their fan base. We don't hear about injuries from most teams because no one talks about them.

Comment

Plus, you know, he was there LIVE.

But to your point, you're probably right. It's been two weeks, and I have no idea why Khalid Dorsey (incidentally, Dayjure Stewart's precessor as York High's feature back) has been out for Ship.
                  Last edited by jrshooter; 09-12-2022, 01:09 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by ironmaniup View Post

Stewart had covid, should be back Tuesday to practice
                    Are they testing weekly this year? If so, a percentage or the whole team?

Comment

Are they testing weekly this year? If so, a percentage or the whole team?
                      I don't believe there is mandatory testing - just mandatory quarantine if you're positive.

Comment

I don't believe there is mandatory testing - just mandatory quarantine if you're positive.
                        Yes they just test if you have any symptoms and quarantine is usually 5 days

Comment

• I don’t want to hear about IUP crowds or lack of..Looking at Matt’s Twitter video of the final winning kick shows a half empty home stand at ESU…..

Comment

• Originally posted by jrshooter View Post

Plus, you know, he was there LIVE.

But to your point, you're probably right. It's been two weeks, and I have no idea why Khalid Dorsey (incidentally, Dayjure Stewart's precessor as York High's feature back) has been out for Ship.
                            And it's certainly not as if they couldn't use anything that would help their running game.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPNation View Post
                              I don’t want to hear about IUP crowds or lack of..Looking at Matt’s Twitter video of the final winning kick shows a half empty home stand at ESU…..
                              That was a really odd final kick. ESU got flagged for trying to emulate the snap count. Very rarely called penalty. Perhaps a makeup call for the Sexton flag. It should be called but it rarely is.

Also never heard noise from a live mic over the PA System right before the snap.

Comment

That was a really odd final kick. ESU got flagged for trying to emulate the snap count. Very rarely called penalty. Perhaps a makeup call for the Sexton flag. It should be called but it rarely is.

Also never heard noise from a live mic over the PA System right before the snap.
                                It was a home opener night game against a hated team and it was half empty…and it’s not like anyone would have left a game where the leads were changing in the second half. I’m kind of surprised they didn’t have a bigger crowd.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X