Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ram Tough View Post

I even came to the conclusion later on that we likely heard more from IUP than most other programs just because of their fan base. We don't hear about injuries from most teams because no one talks about them.
    Yes that is very true.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

Are they testing weekly this year? If so, a percentage or the whole team?
      No testing so far.

Comment

• Originally posted by jrshooter View Post

Plus, you know, he was there LIVE.

But to your point, you're probably right. It's been two weeks, and I have no idea why Khalid Dorsey (incidentally, Dayjure Stewart's precessor as York High's feature back) has been out for Ship.
        After watching Hawk Talk it seems Ship has QB injury issues. Safe to say every team has injuries as I believe players are bigger stronger and faster even in D 2 which equals more collisions. In addition hardly anyone hits full throttle in camp so the banging on Saturday is probably the only contact they see and feel.

Comment

• Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post

Should be an interesting game at Ship. A lot of suspense surrounding who will be in the starting lineup.

Got to admit, they are really banged up.

Depth is always a concern at this level -- especially in SR1.

As we saw, when you have a Gregory Moore and Jaheim Howard not dressed, it causes major problems. Howard is probably their best DB and Moore just creates havoc. He's so big and explosive teams have to put a lot of attention on him. That opens things up for others. He was severely missed on that DL. Those two returning this week will not only be huge for the defensive performance, but it should do wonders for the confidence of a group that was likely a little shaky after Saturday. Howard should instantly stabilize the defensive backfield. Moore's return also will allow Will Mayr to return to his more natural, pass-rushing position.

As Tort stated last night, the defense played pretty well in the first and fourth quarters. It was just the middle two that it got shredded. They definitely showed some resiliency by getting things back together after a very rough, two-quarter-long stretch. Having two of your leaders not out there when the crap hits the fan is a big problem.

Offensively, Derek Lockhart is just a monstrous loss. Hilton Ridley will move in to the WR2 spot and is a big, talented target. He'd have likely been a 1 or 2 on most other teams. I haven't heard much about Qashah Carter's injury or status. I'd assume Isaiah Houser and Daniel Deabner would assume his position until he returns. Both are young but at least have a year in the program.

I'd also assume the big TEs get more involved moving forward.

As it's become an unfortunate tradition at IUP, the RB position scares me. Once again we heard all summer about all this RB depth and by the third quarter of the first game, RB4 is the new RB1 (and he was a DB the week prior). I'm sure they know by know Adam Houser probably isn't playing anytime soon. So, at least they'll have some time to get the others more reps with the first unit. Dayjure Stewart returning this week obviously will give them a big boost.

I think the OL will be fine. That's an older group. The six pre-snap flags ... It's hard to win games with six of those. Hopefully that was just a case of the first game jitters.

Duane Brown had one of the better games in IUP history. But, he had a massive workload. That can't happen every week. After watching the ESU film, other teams are probably wondering how to play him. Heck, he was making plays in triple coverage. The attention he's going to draw in the coming weeks should really open the rest of the field up. Sexton can make some throws his arm that are rarely seen at the D2 level. Combine that with Duane being a total ball hawk.

Comment

Once again we heard all summer about all this RB depth
            We did? I remember it being that there's 1-A and 1-B and then nothing else.
            http://www.indianagazette.com
            www.twitter.com/MattBurglund

Comment

Depth is always a concern at this level -- especially in SR1.

As we saw, when you have a Gregory Moore and Jaheim Howard not dressed, it causes major problems. Howard is probably their best DB and Moore just creates havoc. He's so big and explosive teams have to put a lot of attention on him. That opens things up for others. He was severely missed on that DL. Those two returning this week will not only be huge for the defensive performance, but it should do wonders for the confidence of a group that was likely a little shaky after Saturday. Howard should instantly stabilize the defensive backfield. Moore's return also will allow Will Mayr to return to his more natural, pass-rushing position.

As Tort stated last night, the defense played pretty well in the first and fourth quarters. It was just the middle two that it got shredded. They definitely showed some resiliency by getting things back together after a very rough, two-quarter-long stretch. Having two of your leaders not out there when the crap hits the fan is a big problem.

Offensively, Derek Lockhart is just a monstrous loss. Hilton Ridley will move in to the WR2 spot and is a big, talented target. He'd have likely been a 1 or 2 on most other teams. I haven't heard much about Qashah Carter's injury or status. I'd assume Isaiah Houser and Daniel Deabner would assume his position until he returns. Both are young but at least have a year in the program.

I'd also assume the big TEs get more involved moving forward.

As it's become an unfortunate tradition at IUP, the RB position scares me. Once again we heard all summer about all this RB depth and by the third quarter of the first game, RB4 is the new RB1 (and he was a DB the week prior). I'm sure they know by know Adam Houser probably isn't playing anytime soon. So, at least they'll have some time to get the others more reps with the first unit. Dayjure Stewart returning this week obviously will give them a big boost.

I think the OL will be fine. That's an older group. The six pre-snap flags ... It's hard to win games with six of those. Hopefully that was just a case of the first game jitters.

Duane Brown had one of the better games in IUP history. But, he had a massive workload. That can't happen every week. After watching the ESU film, other teams are probably wondering how to play him. Heck, he was making plays in triple coverage. The attention he's going to draw in the coming weeks should really open the rest of the field up. Sexton can make some throws his arm that are rarely seen at the D2 level. Combine that with Duane being a total ball hawk.
              If this all happened with last year's schedule, you'd be previewing the basketball team. It's good that the schedule looks a little different this year.

Comment

• Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post

If this all happened with last year's schedule, you'd be previewing the basketball team. It's good that the schedule looks a little different this year.

I don't think their first two games were easy by any means. Easier than last year, but, well, 38-35 isn't that easy. Ship will play its best game so far this year this week. Everybody gets up for IUP. Teams rise up for the hated program.

I'm not warm and fuzzy, but some good things appeared.

* Unlike some past teams, this group didn't implode under pressure. Players weren't bickering with coaches and teammates on the sideline. Helmets weren't being launched. That was a great sign. That 28-0 ESU run may have wrecked a couple of Tort's previous teams.

* The defensive cavalry is on the way.

* Prior to ESU no-showing the Pace game, they were thought of pretty highly by many on here. I never thought they'd be a pushover. It's pretty clear they looked right past Pace.

* Between numerous injuries, pre-game scratches, blowing a 20-0 lead, staging a comeback and hitting a walk-off FG ... not sure a team can face more adversity in its first game. It was a small miracle to get out of there with a win.

Personally, I think they'll win fairly comfortable this week. Bigger the road crowd the better Tort teams play. They got the 'first week' out of the way. And, then, of course, they'll beat Mercyhurst, 10-7, in 4 OT in the home opener. Joking aside, I sure hope they play better at home this year.

Comment

I don't think their first two games were easy by any means. Easier than last year, but, well, 38-35 isn't that easy. Ship will play its best game so far this year this week. Everybody gets up for IUP. Teams rise up for the hated program.

* Unlike some past teams, this group didn't implode under pressure. Players weren't bickering with coaches and teammates on the sideline. Helmets weren't being launched. That was a great sign. That 28-0 ESU run may have wrecked a couple of Tort's previous teams.

* Prior to ESU no-showing the Pace game, they were thought of pretty highly by many on here. I never thought they'd be a pushover. It's pretty clear they looked right past Pace.

* Between numerous injuries, pre-game scratches, blowing a 20-0 lead, staging a comeback and hitting a walk-off FG ... not sure a team can face more adversity in its first game. It was a small miracle to get out of there with a win.

Personally, I think they'll win fairly comfortable this week. Bigger the road crowd the better Tort teams play. They got the 'first week' out of the way. And, then, of course, they'll beat Mercyhurst, 10-7, in 4 OT in the home opener. Joking aside, I sure hope they play better at home this year.
                  Strong analysis for sure and don’t forget they are really excited to see #1 get started as they believe he is a top of the region type back..We shall see.

Comment

• Originally posted by Iupgh View Post

Strong analysis for sure and don’t forget they are really excited to see #1 get started as they believe he is a top of the region type back..We shall see.
                    Strength of schedule-wise, the ESU road win should eventually help them. ESU will probably lose to both Kutztown and Shepherd, but may win the rest of its games. I could see them finishing at 7-4.

If they finish 7-4, that gives IUP a very nice road win for the resume.

Comment

• Nazir Streater has signed with the Houston Gamblers.

Comment

Nazir Streater has signed with the Houston Gamblers.
                        Is that The Rock’s XFL?

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPalum View Post

Is that The Rock’s XFL?
                          USFL

Comment

• Originally posted by EyeoftheHawk View Post

USFL
                            Exactly my point...

Comment

• Originally posted by EyeoftheHawk View Post

USFL
                              Hated to see his time at IUP end the way it did -- for both parties. Best of luck to him.

Comment

Let's put it this way. If you don't win comfortably this week, you'll be in a world of hurt later this season. Obviously, I'm hoping things change, but for the first two games this is probably the worst Ship offense I've seen in years — certainly nothing like a typical Coach Mac squad.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X