Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Iupgh View Post
    After watching Hawk Talk it seems Ship has QB injury issues. Safe to say every team has injuries as I believe players are bigger stronger and faster even in D 2 which equals more collisions. In addition hardly anyone hits full throttle in camp so the banging on Saturday is probably the only contact they see and feel.
    McCracken took a bit in the first half of the Seton Hill game. If Sam Johnson, who played the second half, was hurt I must have missed that. He looked OK. If Ship doesn't get its o-line playing better, they could have Mahomes at QB and it wouldn't make much difference.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ship69 View Post

Let's put it this way. If you don't win comfortably this week, you'll be in a world of hurt later this season. Obviously, I'm hoping things change, but for the first two games this is probably the worst Ship offense I've seen in years — certainly nothing like a typical Coach Mac squad.
      I hope you're right. However, Tort teams have -- at times -- tended to play to their competition.

We also heard by many last week that IUP would steamroll ESU after the Warriors looked hopeless against Pace. That obviously didn't happen and ESU looked completely different. Or, ESU was the same and IUP's defense was just that bad in the 2nd and 3rd quarters. IUP's body of work thus far is too small to really grasp.

I think IUP is certainly favored. But, I don't see a 65-7 smackdown coming in 48 hours. I'd peg it around 42-17 (of course, that's the same score I predicted last week).

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

I'm sure they know by know Adam Houser probably isn't playing anytime soon.
        Au contraire. I've heard they're taping him up and he's going Saturday. (Didn't someone else say he was soft earlier?)

Comment

• Originally posted by jrshooter View Post

Au contraire. I've heard they're taping him up and he's going Saturday. (Didn't someone else say he was soft earlier?)
          I don’t know if anyone called him that directly but the point was made that we’ve spent way more time talking about Houser than actually seeing him on the field. Maybe it’s just bad luck for him, who knows. Regardless, in Matt’s article about the game in today’s Indiana Gazette it said he was unlikely to play Saturday but could be back next week versus Mercyhurst.

Comment

• Maybe IUP can play on the road without trashing a locker room this week. We shall see.

Comment

• Originally posted by jrshooter View Post

If Ship is as bad as most on here think (most of their own fans) ... surprised they would rush him back.

If he really had a separated shoulder 6 days ago, I can't fathom the trainers will clear him 7 days later.

I never called him soft. Somebody did but I forget who.

Comment

• Originally posted by WarriorVoice View Post
                Maybe IUP can play on the road without trashing a locker room this week. We shall see.
                Maybe you can comment on here without hating on IUP and making up lies!

Comment

Maybe IUP can play on the road without trashing a locker room this week. We shall see.
                  Surprised they had the energy after that 6 mile walk from the field to the locker room?

Comment

Surprised they had the energy after that 6 mile walk from the field to the locker room?
                    Yes most ridiculous set up in the history of football. Shocked Tort didn’t bag the halftime walk and sit them in the end zone like Midget ball…ESU should be embarrassed and it’s hard to believe the PSAC doesn’t remedy that sad ass situation.

Comment

Either spit it out or stop being a troll.

Comment

I hope you're right. However, Tort teams have -- at times -- tended to play to their competition.

We also heard by many last week that IUP would steamroll ESU after the Warriors looked hopeless against Pace. That obviously didn't happen and ESU looked completely different. Or, ESU was the same and IUP's defense was just that bad in the 2nd and 3rd quarters. IUP's body of work thus far is too small to really grasp.

I think IUP is certainly favored. But, I don't see a 65-7 smackdown coming in 48 hours. I'd peg it around 42-17 (of course, that's the same score I predicted last week).
                        ESU wasn't bad last year. That first game might just have been a matter of not being prepared. Ship's offense looked totally out of sync the first two games. Their bright spot so far has been an amazing performance by return man Redd Douglas over those games. A team can go an entire season, or even several in a row, without a kick return for a TD. Douglas took two to the house in the opening two weeks and doggone near ran two others back.

Comment

• Originally posted by EyeoftheHawk View Post

I don’t know if anyone called him that directly but the point was made that we’ve spent way more time talking about Houser than actually seeing him on the field. Maybe it’s just bad luck for him, who knows. Regardless, in Matt’s article about the game in today’s Indiana Gazette it said he was unlikely to play Saturday but could be back next week versus Mercyhurst.
                          For the record, I referred to him once as injury-prone. I would never use the word soft (somebody did) I'm looking forward to having Houser back. He looked really good when he was in there last week..

I read today's pre-game article in the IG. It sounds very positive regarding the slew of injuries. The article also says Lockhart plans to rehab and come back next year as a grad student. Under the circumstances, I think that is the smartest route for him to follow and I certainly hope he does.

IUP is the favorite on Saturday but there is a lot of intrigue surrounding the game.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPalum View Post

Maybe you can comment on here without hating on IUP and making up lies!
                            Just because you don't like the source doesn't mean it didn't happen. Apparently the lack of class started in pre-game warm-ups, and ended with the trashing of the locker room. I'm not surprised at all. Why are you?

Comment

Just because you don't like the source doesn't mean it didn't happen. Apparently the lack of class started in pre-game warm-ups, and ended with the trashing of the locker room. I'm not surprised at all. Why are you?
                              You're just mad that your squad lost to IUP AGAIN!!! Quit being a hater and go away with that garbage!

Comment

Its not not liking the source, its the lack of specifics. We've had similar complaints about trashing the locker room which turned out to be the floor was really wet and someone threw the trash cans on the floor. - perceived lack of class can be alot of things. I'm not saying there wasn't bad behavior, but the vague - they trashed the locker room might be nothing or could be really bad. or somewhere in between.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X