Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I thought Kelly and DDB had great days at LB.

DDB had some serious sticks.

Comment

• Good win. Defense looked much better, particularly the LBs. Secondary was better. The pass interference call that wiped out an IUP interception was an awful call. That said, the long TD run by Stewart that got called back on the blindside block was a good call. Sad thing is the kid only needed to get in the way there, not light him up. Definitely a lot to clean up. Way too many penalties. No rhythm on offense in the second half. Letting Ship get back into it at one point was a reminder of last week. I saw some praise for the offensive line but I thought it was just so, so. Seems to have trouble getting a push on short yardage situations, but that’s nitpicking. We’ll see how IUP plays at home next weekend.

Comment

• Nice win for IUP although I don't think beating Ship is going to be a supreme accomplishment this season. Not sure how Mac managed to get himself a team with virtually no seniors and a ton of freshmen — Covid result I suppose, but the Raiders will take some lumps this year. Three sophs and a freshman on the o-line is usually not going to cut it. I'm also not sure why it took Ship three quarters to throw anything downfield. Johnson finally tossed a couple of good balls, then got hurt. Not relishing playing next week with a third-string frosh QB if he or McCracken aren't healthy. I was encouraged that the Ship guys played hard to the end of the game despite being outclassed today. They showed a few flashes here and there and can build on it.

IUP has some nice skill players and the QB, although a little erratic, has a hell of an arm. Brown is the real deal — used his body position to make some nice catches even on plays where he was fairly well covered. After watching Ridley and the Housers snag catches on us, I think I'm going to jump on jr shooter's bandwagon about Ship needing to keep more of our District 3 players at home. DiNunzui-Biss played nice game. He seemed to make about every other IUP tackle in the first half. IUP looked a little loose in the secondary, one of the few position areas they seem to have a lot of youth. They'll need to tighten that up against better teams, but more playing time might take care of that. Good luck to the Hawks the rest of the year.

It's very possible Ship will go 1-4 at home this season. Ouch.

Comment

• Originally posted by EyeoftheHawk View Post
          Good win. Defense looked much better, particularly the LBs. Secondary was better. The pass interference call that wiped out an IUP interception was an awful call. That said, the long TD run by Stewart that got called back on the blindside block was a good call. Sad thing is the kid only needed to get in the way there, not light him up. Definitely a lot to clean up. Way too many penalties. No rhythm on offense in the second half. Letting Ship get back into it at one point was a reminder of last week. I saw some praise for the offensive line but I thought it was just so, so. Seems to have trouble getting a push on short yardage situations, but that’s nitpicking. We’ll see how IUP plays at home next weekend.
          They need an RB that can get the dirty yards in short yardage situations. Stewart and Hauser aren’t it!

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPalum View Post

They need an RB that can get the dirty yards in short yardage situations. Stewart and Hauser aren’t it!
            That game could of should of been 56-7. 552 yards and Ship basically had 2 significant plays the pick 6 and 40 yard TD after 30 yards in penalties. I see the officiating in league still a travesty. Just scream from your sideline and u get a call or go up big and get Zero calls. Hard to watch this league at times. Thought IUP special teams have been solid after 2 weeks after costing them 2 games last year. I blame OC for Sexton pick 6 he’s the one that loaded the gun ha ha. Just run it twice from the 1.5 and go back up by 28. Yeesh.

Comment

• Originally posted by Iupgh View Post

That game could of should of been 56-7. 552 yards and Ship basically had 2 significant plays the pick 6 and 40 yard TD after 30 yards in penalties. I see the officiating in league still a travesty. Just scream from your sideline and u get a call or go up big and get Zero calls. Hard to watch this league at times. Thought IUP special teams have been solid after 2 weeks after costing them 2 games last year. I blame OC for Sexton pick 6 he’s the one that loaded the gun ha ha. Just run it twice from the 1.5 and go back up by 28. Yeesh.
              You feel things very strongly. :)

Comment

• Originally posted by Iupgh View Post

Yesterday was much more encouraging than the game at ESU.

Howard's return really stabilizes the secondary. He can be an elite Safety.

There will still be a ton to harp on in film review. That game should have been way worse than the final spread.

Mercyhurst will pose a larger challenge in 6 days. Their offense lit up Kutztown in the first half yesterday. They also gave up a 50 Burger.

Starting to feel terrible for Houser at RB. He just can't seem to stay on the field.

Comment

• Originally posted by jrshooter View Post

You know, I might spar with these IUP boys when they get too full of themselves, but you're frickin' relentless.
                  I have never backed down from a bully, and don't plan on it!

Comment

Stewart is the best Running Back in the whole region. Tell me who is better.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUP PSAC Fan View Post

Stewart is the best Running Back in the whole region. Tell me who is better.
                      You can call him the best RB all you want but he doesn't get the tough short yardage 1-2 yard runs. He proved that yesterday!

Comment

• Originally posted by WarriorVoice View Post

I have never backed down from a bully, and don't plan on it!
                        You can't fix stupid!

Comment

• Originally posted by jrshooter View Post

You feel things very strongly. :)
                          And it wasn't exactly a penalty-free day for Ship with 7 for 70 yards. Got at least two quick slant passes to Rufe for first downs called back by penalties. Johnson also badly underthrew a couple of balls including one to a wide-open Sheehan near the goal-line in the second half.

Comment

You can call him the best RB all you want but he doesn't get the tough short yardage 1-2 yard runs. He proved that yesterday!
                            I will call him it because it’s the truth.

Comment

He definitely has potential. That called back 82-yard run was impressive. When I watch him he seems to miss opportunities to get outside and gain more yards. Instead, he cuts back into traffic and takes defenders on. Does he have the speed to get outside? He looked pretty fast in the open field on that long run.

Comment

• Watched Houser's TD run several times. He definitely seemed to change his stride as he neared the end zone. Kind of looked like he perhaps tweaked a hammy.

I hope they chose to sit him as a precautionary measure.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X