Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IUsuallyPonder View Post
    Brayden Dunmire, Kiski, just committed to Edinboro via twitter. He chose the Boro over offers from IUP and CalU.
    M - Fer

That was one player I really wanted.

Edinboro offered him first. That pulls some weight occasionally.

Comment

Originally posted by The P in IUP View Post
      That was an incredible game, and it was against Catawba. IUP completed the comeback after being down significantly early. I remember a lot of people left because of the rain and they missed on heck of a finish.

Comment

Originally posted by Ram040506 View Post
        IUP at Shepherd 11/24/2007. IUP QB Krewatch had a record setting day keeping up with the Rams offense throwing for nearly 400 yds and 4 tds. Most of the damage was to Ken Witter who hauled in 13 catches for 176 yds and all of the 4 td's. Harlon Hill candidate Dervon Wallace had 135 yds rushing and 2 td's in the first half before getting injured. True freshman backup Jimmy Sutch came in the 2nd half and rushed for 119 yds and 3 tds as the Rams ran for 270 yds total on the IUP defense.

IUP really shot themselves in the foot with 2 missed field goals and 4 turnovers. Ended up losing 41-34 to the Rams. Shepherd went on the next week at Cal and lost in the regional final 58-38.
        That was my first and only trip to Shepherdstown. Great game. In addition to the turnovers, I believe Shepherd returned a kickoff as well.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

M - Fer

Comment

Lenoir Rhyne, who made the playoffs in 2021, just announced they're hosting national champion Ferris State in the fall. I guess they're not worried about taking an L for a non-conference game.

https://twitter.com/LRbears/status/1486804258791952385

Comment

Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post
              Lenoir Rhyne, who made the playoffs in 2021, just announced they're hosting national champion Ferris State in the fall. I guess they're not worried about taking an L for a non-conference game.

Likely but who knows. The year after winning the title is sometimes a reboot of sorts. Seems most teams that win D2 titles in hoops and football are very senior laden.

Comment

Originally posted by EyeoftheHawk View Post

That was an incredible game, and it was against Catawba. IUP completed the comeback after being down significantly early. I remember a lot of people left because of the rain and they missed on heck of a finish.
                Yea I was kicking myself for not going back. I did catch the replay on IUP TV later that week at least.

Comment

Originally posted by The P in IUP View Post

Yea I was kicking myself for not going back. I did catch the replay on IUP TV later that week at least.
                  IUP was down 26-7 at the end of the third quarter and won the game, 27-26.

Hard to believe it was 20 years ago.

Comment

Comment

Robert Morris plays at IUP tonight (hockey).

Check it out if you're local. It's a good time.

Comment

Robert Morris plays at IUP tonight (hockey).

Check it out if you're local. It's a good time.
                        Club teams. Meh. Traveling intramural squads.

Comment

Club teams. Meh. Traveling intramural squads.
                          You realize that's what the outside world says about D2 sports, too?

Comment

M - Fer

Comment

You realize that's what the outside world says about D2 sports, too?
                              Yeah you're right. I just can't get into club sports because you're getting such leftovers. At least at RMU they used to get kids from all over who were there just trying to play while waiting for an opportunity to walk on that never would come. They get crowds though because the players are real students who have real student experiences. They're there to support their friends not for the spectacle.

Comment

Yeah you're right. I just can't get into club sports because you're getting such leftovers. At least at RMU they used to get kids from all over who were there just trying to play while waiting for an opportunity to walk on that never would come. They get crowds though because the players are real students who have real student experiences. They're there to support their friends not for the spectacle.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X