Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I went to my first game last weekend ... mainly just for something to do. Maybe it was an anomaly but it was an incredible atmosphere. The arena was basically sold out and that place can seat a fair number. The students were there in large numbers and were loud and rowdy ... the total opposite of how they behave at football and basketball games (if they even show up). Add to it, they have to drive there.

They'll have another monster crowd tonight. They are having some giant tailgate event prior to the game.

Ironic the only sport on campus that gets student attention is a Club sport.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

I went to my first game last weekend ... mainly just for something to do. Maybe it was an anomaly but it was an incredible atmosphere. The arena was basically sold out and that place can seat a fair number. The students were there in large numbers and were loud and rowdy ... the total opposite of how they behave at football and basketball games (if they even show up). Add to it, they have to drive there.

They'll have another monster crowd tonight. They are having some giant tailgate event prior to the game.

Don't they play these games at the S&T Arena? Where is that?

Comment

Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post

Don't they play these games at the S&T Arena? Where is that?
        It's in White Township. At the Clymer end of Philly Street make a right. It's about a mile or so down there. Nice facility.

Comment

It's in White Township. At the Clymer end of Philly Street make a right. It's about a mile or so down there. Nice facility.

Comment

A few reasons:

1. This generation of kids likes hockey a lot more than other sports.

2. Club sports players are normal students. They don't have that exclusive student experience that NCAA students have. They have normal majors and do normal student activities like join clubs, work jobs, and have friends outside their sport.

3. There's very little room for ego. These guys know they're not going pro. They don't think they're superior to other students or their sport isn't their identity.

4. The product is decent. These guys are pretty good. If we had more D3 programs around some would be playing there.

5. It's a club sport so there's very little adult involvement. They can get away with a few things you could never do at the KCAC.

Comment

IUP tied the game with 20 seconds left and then won in OT. Place went nuts.

Incredible crowd and atmosphere.

Comment

The first IUP game that I saw they lost 9-6. It was a cold day.

Comment

Originally posted by Ram Tough View Post

Comment

My hands hurt so badly as they thawed out that day.

Comment

Originally posted by Ram Tough View Post

Comment

Yes, that was the Paul Faila year. The WR's couldn't catch a cold that day. You would've thought it was a dome team playing in Green Bay. The team looked cold, played cold and Shep whacked them!

Comment

IUP has offered Baldwin OL Blaize Richards (6'2", 320 lbs).
                          Sorry, man.

Comment

Sexton is now official. IUP released a press statement today announcing his mid-year transfer.

Comment

The first IUP football game I saw was IUP defeating Delaware State 17-0. The IUP team was astonishing and only lost to U of Delaware in the Boardwalk Bowl 31-24, which I also attended. Yes, I am old. Miller Stadium was usually packed for home games and had more seating capacity than today.

Delaware State...............17-0
                              Northwood..................... 75-13
                              Shippensburg..................24-0
                              Edinboro .........................58-0
                              Brockport State.............. 48-28
                              Clarion ............................18-13
                              Slippery Rock .................44-15
                              California ........................41-0
                              C.W Post.........................35-13
                              Delaware.........................24-31
                              Last edited by BADinPA; 01-31-2022, 05:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BADinPA View Post
                                The first IUP football game I saw was IUP defeating Delaware State 17-0. The IUP team was astonishing and only lost to U of Delaware in the Boardwalk Bowl 31-24, which I also attended. Yes, I am old. Miller Stadium was usually packed for home games and had more seating capacity than today.

Delaware State...............17-0
                                Northwood..................... 75-13
                                Shippensburg..................24-0
                                Edinboro .........................58-0
                                Brockport State.............. 48-28
                                Clarion ............................18-13
                                Slippery Rock .................44-15
                                California ........................41-0
                                C.W Post.........................35-13
                                Delaware.........................24-31

Comment

Ad3