Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BADinPA View Post
    The first IUP football game I saw was IUP defeating Delaware State 17-0. The IUP team was astonishing and only lost to U of Delaware in the Boardwalk Bowl 31-24, which I also attended. Yes, I am old. Miller Stadium was usually packed for home games and had more seating capacity than today.

Delaware State...............17-0
    Northwood..................... 75-13
    Shippensburg..................24-0
    Edinboro .........................58-0
    Brockport State.............. 48-28
    Clarion ............................18-13
    Slippery Rock .................44-15
    California ........................41-0
    C.W Post.........................35-13
    Delaware.........................24-31

Comment

Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post
      When was the first IUP football game you attended?
      Edinboro at IUP. November 7, 1992.

I was a freshman at IUP. My girlfriend, from high school, was a freshman at Edinboro. She and some friends came down for the weekend. We sat on the Edinboro sideline (I was 18 and dumb). It was frigid and the crowd was intense and loud on both sides. Scott Woods threw a TD pass to Derrick Smith with 26 seconds left and the game ended in a 21-21 tie.

A couple of weeks later, she and I went our separate ways. My way has led me to a 25-year relationship with IUP football. Have covered 253 games in 7 states.

http://www.indianagazette.com
      www.twitter.com/MattBurglund

Comment

TG preliminary hearing rescheduled for March 7.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Burglund View Post

I was a freshman at IUP. My girlfriend, from high school, was a freshman at Edinboro. She and some friends came down for the weekend. We sat on the Edinboro sideline (I was 18 and dumb). It was frigid and the crowd was intense and loud on both sides. Scott Woods threw a TD pass to Derrick Smith with 26 seconds left and the game ended in a 21-21 tie.

A couple of weeks later, she and I went our separate ways. My way has led me to a 25-year relationship with IUP football. Have covered 253 games in 7 states.

Comment

Jack is hosting a special edition of the Tort Show this week for National Signing Day. It will be at the Hilton as usual. I think it's either tomorrow night or Wednesday.

FYI if you're interested.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Burglund View Post

You win! Was also my freshman year at IUP but I had a rule not to date within the conference. :)

Comment

Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post
                TG preliminary hearing rescheduled for March 7.

Comment

They are likely in a no-win situation until it is resolved. Charges can be dropped (happens often in such domestic cases), or, he could (eventually) be found not guilty. He could also perhaps plea his charges way down to the point of probably not being a termination offense. They can him too quickly, and he ends up getting the equivalent of parking ticket ... he could have quite the wrongful termination case against IUP.

Add to it, the court process moves at the the speed of a turtle running a 40-yard dash.

But, you don't often see bail set at $10,000 in a domestic.

You would have thought IUP would have made a comment on it. But, they are too worried about masks at basketball games.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

They are likely in a no-win situation until it is resolved. Charges can be dropped (happens often in such domestic cases), or, he could (eventually) be found not guilty. He could also perhaps plea his charges way down to the point of probably not being a termination offense. They can him too quickly, and he ends up getting the equivalent of parking ticket ... he could have quite the wrongful termination case against IUP.

Add to it, the court process moves at the the speed of a turtle running a 40-yard dash.

But, you don't often see bail set at $10,000 in a domestic.

You would have thought IUP would have made a comment on it. But, they are too worried about masks at basketball games.

Comment

I've noticed its people who are more often inside with others or inside without others/outside. The former are now used to masks and offer little resistance. Its the latter. Some of it I understand. But in my opinion, IUP just has to cite the state directive and it ends there.

Comment

Other PSAC schools have prohibited spectators at events due to mask non-compliance. So, wear the darn mask.

Comment

Well, 'most' would be about 80 to 85 percent of the fans who attended IUP basketball games this year at the KCAC. A higher percentage complied earlier in the year (maybe 30%). But, as people saw it wasn't being enforced and that nobody in authority from IUP or the KCAC seemed to care, the vast majority quit caring and took them off.

If rules aren't enforced, they aren't followed. That starts with 1-year-olds and goes all the way up. So, now it's shut down for 14 days.

I can't wait to see the magic button, new rule they propose -- and, most importantly, will they actually enforce it? Indiana County isn't exactly mask country. If they don't strictly enforce it, nobody is going to oblige. My guess is they will lift the ban on attendance for the Feb. 19 Seton Hill game. Everybody will ignore it again, and, that will be the last game this year with fans.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

Well, 'most' would be about 80 to 85 percent of the fans who attended IUP basketball games this year at the KCAC. A higher percentage complied earlier in the year (maybe 30%). But, as people saw it wasn't being enforced and that nobody in authority from IUP or the KCAC seemed to care, the vast majority quit caring and took them off.

If rules aren't enforced, they aren't followed. That starts with 1-year-olds and goes all the way up. So, now it's shut down for 14 days.

I can't wait to see the magic button, new rule they propose -- and, most importantly, will they actually enforce it? Indiana County isn't exactly mask country. If they don't strictly enforce it, nobody is going to oblige. My guess is they will lift the ban on attendance for the Feb. 19 Seton Hill game. Everybody will ignore it again, and, that will be the last game this year with fans.
                            It's very difficult, if not impossible, to enforce, both from a logistical and a social point of view. My problem with what you are saying is that these seem to be the same people who tout "individual responsibility." If that's the case, then take some.

Comment

I'd add, to be fair, I've been to 5 of IUP's road games this year.

The mask percentages were about the same as the KCAC, some maybe worse. So, it's far from just an IUP thing.

Comment

Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post

It's very difficult, if not impossible, to enforce, both from a logistical and a social point of view. My problem with what you are saying is that these seem to be the same people who tout "individual responsibility." If that's the case, then take some.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X