Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post

It's very difficult, if not impossible, to enforce, both from a logistical and a social point of view. My problem with what you are saying is that these seem to be the same people who tout "individual responsibility." If that's the case, then take some.
    Slippery Rock is going to be interesting on Saturday.

For those who don't follow basketball, they did a one week ban on fans. It is lifted effective this Saturday for the IUP game.

What will be interesting, mask-wise, is SRU basketball gets about 200 a game on average -- terrible even by PSAC standards. This game, however, is by far their biggest draw of the year. I've been at Morrow Field House for IUP's visit when it's been nearly sold out. They are already hyping it up on campus and SRU students get pretty jacked up any time IUP comes to town. IUP also traditionally takes a large crowd up there for this game.

We'll see if they got the mask message or if anything is actually enforced. As you said, if they get 2,000 people or more in there ... good luck enforcing anything. Masks 'on' but pulled below your chin is the same as not having them on.

I suspect the SRU president will freak again after this game and they'll go back to no fans.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

They are likely in a no-win situation until it is resolved. Charges can be dropped (happens often in such domestic cases), or, he could (eventually) be found not guilty. He could also perhaps plea his charges way down to the point of probably not being a termination offense. They can him too quickly, and he ends up getting the equivalent of parking ticket ... he could have quite the wrongful termination case against IUP.

Add to it, the court process moves at the the speed of a turtle running a 40-yard dash.

But, you don't often see bail set at $10,000 in a domestic.

You would have thought IUP would have made a comment on it. But, they are too worried about masks at basketball games.

Comment

Slippery Rock is going to be interesting on Saturday.

For those who don't follow basketball, they did a one week ban on fans. It is lifted effective this Saturday for the IUP game.

What will be interesting, mask-wise, is SRU basketball gets about 200 a game on average -- terrible even by PSAC standards. This game, however, is by far their biggest draw of the year. I've been at Morrow Field House for IUP's visit when it's been nearly sold out. They are already hyping it up on campus and SRU students get pretty jacked up any time IUP comes to town. IUP also traditionally takes a large crowd up there for this game.

We'll see if they got the mask message or if anything is actually enforced. As you said, if they get 2,000 people or more in there ... good luck enforcing anything. Masks 'on' but pulled below your chin is the same as not having them on.

I suspect the SRU president will freak again after this game and they'll go back to no fans.
        Seems to me that if you can get 2,000 people to wear white shirts you should be able to get 2,000 people to wear a mask.

Comment

Seems to me that if you can get 2,000 people to wear white shirts you should be able to get 2,000 people to wear a mask.
          You'd have way better odds with the white shirts.

Comment

Watching the commits become official ... this has to be IUP's biggest haul from the WPIAL in a long time.

Comment

Watching the commits become official ... this has to be IUP's biggest haul from the WPIAL in a long time.
              True - the question from me - Is it just quantity, or are they getting quality?

Comment

Originally posted by IUsuallyPonder View Post

True - the question from me - Is it just quantity, or are they getting quality?
                I'll tell you in 3 years. Lol.

Comment

It's very difficult, if not impossible, to enforce, both from a logistical and a social point of view. My problem with what you are saying is that these seem to be the same people who tout "individual responsibility." If that's the case, then take some.

Comment

JD Younger is a big pickup for IUP. He had some FCS offers and a slew of D2 offers.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

On paper, Tort tore up the WPIAL. He got some really good players from some really good football schools.

Hopefully, they can redshirt the vast majority of them. I wouldn't be surprised if 1 or 2 could be ready to play in the Fall. But, hopefully no more than that will be needed. The jump is so big and so few are ready.

Redshirt. Adapt. Learn. Get stronger and faster. Learn where the library is. Hit the ground running in Spring of '23.

The recruiting season that will be more beneficial to the '22 team (portal shopping) is ongoing. Couple key portal purchases and they can be pretty solid in the Fall.

Comment

On paper, Tort tore up the WPIAL. He got some really good players from some really good football schools.
                              Hopefully, they can redshirt the vast majority of them. I wouldn't be surprised if 1 or 2 could be ready to play in the Fall. But, hopefully no more than that will be needed. The jump is so big and so few are ready.
                              Redshirt. Adapt. Learn. Get stronger and faster. Learn where the library is. Hit the ground running in Spring of '23.
                              The recruiting season that will be more beneficial to the '22 team (portal shopping) is ongoing. Couple key portal purchases and they can be pretty solid in the Fall.
                              It's interesting that so far there are no RB's, no QB, no WR's. One LB although the DE could be a LB. No K/P.

Comment

It's interesting that so far there are no RB's, no QB, no WR's. One LB although the DE could be a LB. No K/P.
                                They offered a K/P late Sunday but I haven't seen him sign the dotted line. Last year's extra point and FG kicker was a freshman (and, he did well).

I'd guess they'll add (1) RB out of the portal to go along with Houser and Stewart, and, at least (1) WR (maybe two). They also will have a big WR play his first game at IUP this Fall despite the fact he'll be an academic senior (Luke Hardy). By my count, Hardy still has four years' eligibility (redshirt, Covid, medical redshirt).

As for LB, remember they return a guy who likely would have started last year (or, played a whole lot) but missed the whole season with an injury. Kelly is also coming back as a grad student. The two second string LBs from 2021 also return. One of the slew of freshmen safeties from last year is also moving to LB.

Some believe former Bloomsburg QB Logan Leiby is still on the IUP radar. I have my doubts after the Mak Sexton signing. It won't be easy signing a transfer QB of much quality after signing Sexton. Odds are whomever it would be would be coming here to carry a clipboard. Don't get me wrong ... I'd love for them to have two experienced QBs.

Who knows. Most years we'll continue to see a couple signings pop up in the days after Signing Day.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X