Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Last edited by IUPNation; 02-03-2022, 08:04 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

You and I think alike.

On social media, IUP and its promoters love to talk about its elite status. But they definitely don't schedule that way. It's almost like they'd rather brag about their win percentage than play an elite schedule like the elite team they are.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

It would just make way too much sense for those looking for a Week 1 game to just book one within the dang conference.

Tort's on the magic quest for cupcakes but no cupcakes are going to agree to come here without a nice piece of change guarantee.
        At sone point with everyone lacking travel money every conference is going to decide to play an all conference slate unless each region negotiates a scheduling agreement among their conferences.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPNation View Post

At sone point with everyone lacking travel money every conference is going to decide to play an all conference slate unless each region negotiates a scheduling agreement among their conferences.
          Speaking of travel money, go over to the IUP basketball thread. Coach Joe invited you to a game in Erie.

Comment

• Last edited by IUPNation; 02-03-2022, 09:03 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bart View Post

Speaking of travel money, go over to the IUP basketball thread. Coach Joe invited you to a game in Erie.
              Last edited by IUPNation; 02-03-2022, 09:05 PM.

Comment

• Yeah, while it's undeniably true that the program will not return to the glory years of the late 80's/90's, I don't share the pessimism I'm reading. I see no reason that IUP can't win the region and even pull off an upset in the national semis. Sure, it's more competitive now in the conference and the region but IUP is still there. Getting the transfer QB is pretty big. They have a pretty good team back and this recruitment class appears to be pretty good. Go IUP!

BTW, I just watched Tort's program with Jack Benedict. Yes, he said it 3 or 4 times that they are looking for an offensive coordinator and a receivers coach because Mike Box is probably moving on. No explanation necessary for the OC.

Comment

• Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post
                  Yeah, while it's undeniably true that the program will not return to the glory years of the late 80's/90's, I don't share the pessimism I'm reading. I see no reason that IUP can't win the region and even pull off an upset in the national semis. Sure, it's more competitive now in the conference and the region but IUP is still there. Getting the transfer QB is pretty big. They have a pretty good team back and this recruitment class appears to be pretty good. Go IUP!

BTW, I just watched Tort's program with Jack Benedict. Yes, he said it 3 or 4 times that they are looking for an offensive coordinator and a receivers coach because Mike Box is probably moving on. No explanation necessary for the OC.
                  a leader
                  Last edited by EyeoftheHawk; 02-04-2022, 03:58 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by EyeoftheHawk View Post
                    a leader

I know somebody in Clarion who would be a great fit as the OC.

Just sayin'

Comment

• Comment

• I'll guess Ashland!

Comment

• Originally posted by Ram040506 View Post

I'll guess Ashland!

Comment

• I thought I read somewhere that New Haven was going up to FCS pretty soon?

Comment

• Originally posted by Ram040506 View Post

I'll guess Ashland!
                              I thought Tortorella said it was Ashland.

Comment

• Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post

I thought Tortorella said it was Ashland.
                                It is. At IUP in 2023 and 2025; at Ashland in 2024 and 2026.

When I interviewed Tort on Wednesday, it must have been officially unofficial. And by the time he talked with Jack on Thursday night, the unofficial official announcement apparently officially became official.
                                http://www.indianagazette.com
                                www.twitter.com/MattBurglund

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X