Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Matt Burglund View Post

It is. At IUP in 2023 and 2025; at Ashland in 2024 and 2026.

When I interviewed Tort on Wednesday, it must have been officially unofficial. And by the time he talked with Jack on Thursday night, the unofficial official announcement apparently officially became official.
    That's a big-time series. Nice road trip, too. Great stadium and a cool little town. Not too far, either.

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt Burglund View Post

It is. At IUP in 2023 and 2025; at Ashland in 2024 and 2026.

When I interviewed Tort on Wednesday, it must have been officially unofficial. And by the time he talked with Jack on Thursday night, the unofficial official announcement apparently officially became official.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

That's a big-time series. Nice road trip, too. Great stadium and a cool little town. Not too far, either.
        It is. Plus, my best childhood buddy went to Ashland. Gives it additional flavor. I made a road trip there ~1980. The school is quite a bit different now.

Comment

• Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post

It is. Plus, my best childhood buddy went to Ashland. Gives it additional flavor. I made a road trip there ~1980. The school is quite a bit different now.
          It's a pipe-dream, but I would love for IUP to build a duplicate of their stadium. It checks all the boxes.

It's cool as a fan, too, because there isn't a track -- a somewhat rarity in D2.

Comment

It's a pipe-dream, but I would love for IUP to build a duplicate of their stadium. It checks all the boxes.

It's cool as a fan, too, because there isn't a track -- a somewhat rarity in D2.
            A lot of corporate support, I believe. Because there wasn't much of a sports presence and entertainment in that area so they built it up.

Comment

• Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post

A lot of corporate support, I believe. Because there wasn't much of a sports presence and entertainment in that area so they built it up.
              I believe there was a big lead donor (with the stadium naming rights). One thing that separates a lot of these projects and IUP is aspiration. They view a flagship stadium as part of their climb to a higher level, where I don't ever get that impression from IUP folks. They want to win but from a larger university perspective I think the Act 180 protections have robbed IUP of that aspirational lean.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

I believe there was a big lead donor (with the stadium naming rights). One thing that separates a lot of these projects and IUP is aspiration. They view a flagship stadium as part of their climb to a higher level, where I don't ever get that impression from IUP folks. They want to win but from a larger university perspective I think the Act 180 protections have robbed IUP of that aspirational lean.

Comment

• Act 180 created PASSHE.

Comment

Act 180 created PASSHE.
                    Act 180 took away IUP's independence. I'd say the culture persisted for 15-20 years after that. But it was never the same culturally. Today, the direction of the school is almost entirely in the hands of PASSHE.

Comment

Act 180 created PASSHE.

Comment

You and I think alike.

On social media, IUP and its promoters love to talk about its elite status. But they definitely don't schedule that way. It's almost like they'd rather brag about their win percentage than play an elite schedule like the elite team they are.

Comment

• I mean, they did beat IUP.

Comment

• Sounds like sour grapes.

Comment

Sounds like sour grapes.
                              Fightingscot82 - I do not believe IUP has that 15 Oct game circled on their calendar, not when IUP plays in the Coal Bowl on 8 Oct. That would be implying that IUP is "looking ahead", and we all know IUP can not afford to "look ahead" at that point of the season, or they will lose the Coal Bowl again.

Comment

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X