Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Iupgh View Post
    That is a big addition 2 year starter with size and probably the least depth position on squad. Woody High guys usually produce at IUP.
    Massive addition.

Comment

• So IUP looks locked and loaded. Big question marks after that. SRU and Cal have a lot of talent but lost some key pieces. Huge fall off after that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Iupgh View Post
        That is a big addition 2 year starter with size and probably the least depth position on squad. Woody High guys usually produce at IUP.
        Absolutely true but he also has versatility. He's played on both sides of the ball and starred on special teams.

I just find it shocking to see coaches and players coming to IUP from Cal of all places. I remember how I felt when a couple IUP players transferred to Cal in past years.

Comment

• IUP alumnus and former Indiana Gazette writer Ed Bouchette has announced his retirement.

https://www.post-gazette.com/sports/...s/202205030097

Comment

• Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post

Absolutely true but he also has versatility. He's played on both sides of the ball and starred on special teams.

I just find it shocking to see coaches and players coming to IUP from Cal of all places. I remember how I felt when a couple IUP players transferred to Cal in past years.

As I recall a couple of those IUP players had some serious baggage -- and, well, the Mon Valley was the place to be for 2nd, 3rd and 4th chance players in that era.

But, yes, it is a bit odd. These aren't like project-types, either. These guys are proven players.

I'm sure Larry Wilson's hiring played a part. It's also no secret Tort has a pretty loaded hand this Fall.

Teams are going to have to do anything possible to not let IUP return kickoffs. Tort will have two experienced, legit game-breakers back there.

Of course, signing these guys likely means they'll lose a couple. But, upgrading is the name of the game in this business.

Both schools have a nice campus and all, but the overall experience of Indiana (nightlife, etc.) ... Indiana seems like Manhattan compared to California.

Call me crazy ... but, I think the streak of terror will end at Adamson this Fall.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post
              IUP alumnus and former Indiana Gazette writer Ed Bouchette has announced his retirement.

https://www.post-gazette.com/sports/...s/202205030097
              Outstanding career!

Comment

• Daniel Rennie, former Bryant University QB, has received an offer from IUP. Sounds like he'd have 4 years' eligibility.

... Per the Twitterverse

He also has an offer from #LIT-AF (which would be a faster route to the field)

Comment

• IUP signed a QB today.

Nico Marchitelli is from Colorado but appears to have played at The Kiski School.

Comment

• Akshay Thaper just entered the portal.

As expected, when you add quality transfers others need to go bye-bye.

Comment

• Along with Thaper, Theo Newhouse-Godine and Blake Joseph have also entered the portal.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
                        Akshay Thaper just entered the portal.

As expected, when you add quality transfers others need to go bye-bye.
                        Second time he is transferring and he is only a RS-SO.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

As I recall a couple of those IUP players had some serious baggage -- and, well, the Mon Valley was the place to be for 2nd, 3rd and 4th chance players in that era.

But, yes, it is a bit odd. These aren't like project-types, either. These guys are proven players.

I'm sure Larry Wilson's hiring played a part. It's also no secret Tort has a pretty loaded hand this Fall.

Teams are going to have to do anything possible to not let IUP return kickoffs. Tort will have two experienced, legit game-breakers back there.

Of course, signing these guys likely means they'll lose a couple. But, upgrading is the name of the game in this business.

Both schools have a nice campus and all, but the overall experience of Indiana (nightlife, etc.) ... Indiana seems like Manhattan compared to California.

Call me crazy ... but, I think the streak of terror will end at Adamson this Fall.
                          Ok...but is there any word if we have a Band Director who can fix the wreckage of the Marching Band?

In case everyone forgot what a good IUP Marching Band Looked like....

https://youtu.be/dgEA7LbXBmk

Comment

• References to the MB irritate the hell out of me since they remind me why the band has degraded as much as it has.

Fightingscot82 feels he knows why it happened, but I assure you that what really took place has little to do with anything anyone has brought up on this board, no matter how good anyone thinks their sources are. The whole thing is really depressing and should never have happened.

Comment

• Originally posted by GregD View Post
                              References to the MB irritate the hell out of me since they remind me why the band has degraded as much as it has.

Fightingscot82 feels he knows why it happened, but I assure you that what really took place has little to do with anything anyone has brought up on this board, no matter how good anyone thinks their sources are. The whole thing is really depressing and should never have happened.
                              I'm sorry to irritate you but what was done to it pisses me the **** off. I want Cherokee back. I want our band built back up, after the clown who slowly ruined it for 20 years, and left us stuck with Crimson Abomination.

Comment

• You misunderstand me. YOU don't irritate me. The topic does since the whole mess could and should have been avoided.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X