Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by GregD View Post
    You misunderstand me. YOU don't irritate me. The topic does since the whole mess could and should have been avoided.
    Absolutely!!!

He took a Rolls Royce of a marching band and turned it into a Chevy.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPNation View Post

Absolutely!!!

He took a Rolls Royce of a marching band and turned it into a Chevy.
      Just play Ghostbusters 7-8 times tonight and you'll feel better.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

As I recall a couple of those IUP players had some serious baggage -- and, well, the Mon Valley was the place to be for 2nd, 3rd and 4th chance players in that era.

But, yes, it is a bit odd. These aren't like project-types, either. These guys are proven players.

I'm sure Larry Wilson's hiring played a part. It's also no secret Tort has a pretty loaded hand this Fall.

Teams are going to have to do anything possible to not let IUP return kickoffs. Tort will have two experienced, legit game-breakers back there.

Of course, signing these guys likely means they'll lose a couple. But, upgrading is the name of the game in this business.

Both schools have a nice campus and all, but the overall experience of Indiana (nightlife, etc.) ... Indiana seems like Manhattan compared to California.

Call me crazy ... but, I think the streak of terror will end at Adamson this Fall.
        Must play the game.....whether IUP is loaded or not.

Comment

Daniel Rennie, former Bryant University QB, has received an offer from IUP. Sounds like he'd have 4 years' eligibility.

... Per the Twitterverse

He also has an offer from #LIT-AF (which would be a faster route to the field)
          Rennie also has an offer from Valdosta State. Not sure if IUP will be able to bring him in.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShoNuff View Post

Must play the game.....whether IUP is loaded or not.

Comment

• Women's Tennis won the Regional yesterday. They now advance to the Sweet 16.

Comment

Women's Tennis won the Regional yesterday. They now advance to the Sweet 16.
                Dixon Trophy!!!

Comment

• The hype is probably somewhat justified this season. The one thing that probably got overlooked last year was just how young IUP was at most positions. I think something like 17 or 18 of the 22 starters are returning. I'd like to think that youth played a role in the sporadic play last season. And, as painful as that heavy true freshmen secondary was at times, you could see the flashes of what's to come. There's some star power in that group. They got thrown to the wolves last year.

The QB, while he hasn't started a game here, has played in a lot of big D2 games. Add to it our new Vulcan transplants have played in a lot of big games, too.

Depth is always the key. The team that goes up to East Stroudsburg will be different than the team we see by October. Injuries are inevitable. So, we just have to hope there is some good depth behind those first 22 guys. Obviously every team goes through it.

I saw at least three players left after Spring Ball. But, I think everybody knew that was coming. With the California boys on the way some cap space needed to be made.

I'd like to see one more DL added (at least).

I would certainly agree with you SRU will come in here breathing fire after last year. The trip to Adamson ... who knows. I think IUP will be the superior team, but some freaky stuff tends to happen down there. And, of course, playing those two back-to-back isn't easy.

The first two games -- both on the road -- won't be cakewalks. East Stroudsburg is much improved and Shippensburg is tough to play in their house.

Comment

The hype is probably somewhat justified this season. The one thing that probably got overlooked last year was just how young IUP was at most positions. I think something like 17 or 18 of the 22 starters are returning. I'd like to think that youth played a role in the sporadic play last season. And, as painful as that heavy true freshmen secondary was at times, you could see the flashes of what's to come. There's some star power in that group. They got thrown to the wolves last year.

The QB, while he hasn't started a game here, has played in a lot of big D2 games. Add to it our new Vulcan transplants have played in a lot of big games, too.

Depth is always the key. The team that goes up to East Stroudsburg will be different than the team we see by October. Injuries are inevitable. So, we just have to hope there is some good depth behind those first 22 guys. Obviously every team goes through it.

I saw at least three players left after Spring Ball. But, I think everybody knew that was coming. With the California boys on the way some cap space needed to be made.

I'd like to see one more DL added (at least).

I would certainly agree with you SRU will come in here breathing fire after last year. The trip to Adamson ... who knows. I think IUP will be the superior team, but some freaky stuff tends to happen down there. And, of course, playing those two back-to-back isn't easy.

The first two games -- both on the road -- won't be cakewalks. East Stroudsburg is much improved and Shippensburg is tough to play in their house.
                    I would say what IUP has for '22 is potential. They look solid at every position. At the same time, Brown is the only name that really stands out. I guess you could throw Smith at TE into that category. For example, last year we had a pre-season All American (Dauberman) on the OL and this year we don't have anyone who stands out, although the OL is very experienced at every position. At the offensive skill positions we have a deep pool of potential game-breakers but it's not like we have a 1,000 yard rusher coming back. Obviously, it will be fun to see Sexton take charge of the offense.

On defense, again we have a lot of players who are positioned to really make a name for themselves this year but who have not done that yet in their college careers. How much better will the secondary be now that it is their 2nd year of playing?

New PK, we know the punter is really good. We should have a strong return game for kickoffs and punts.

Ultimately, the potential is there but what can the coaching staff do with it? We blamed the coaches last year when the team had a meltdown. Can this team develop the chemistry to live up to the "All in" mantra?

Comment

• I think it shows how difficult it is to get out of the PSAC West unscathed. If you recall back to the years that Cal was running a work release program for D1 football players, they didn't dominate every game. They also occasionally lost. There's also a good bit of familiarity in this conference: coaches have been around a while and many players played with or against the other team's players while in HS.

Comment

• If we can't punt the ball, it won't matter anyway.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPNation View Post
                          If we can't punt the ball, it won't matter anyway.
                          Just a guess but after the infamous 3 blocks in a row (and having your season go up in flames because of it) ... punt protection will get a little more love than normal.

Comment

• Looks like IUP is after another Vulcan.

Keep 'em coming.

Comment

Looks like IUP is after another Vulcan.

Keep 'em coming.
                              That has been rumored for a while and oh boy if they can land that cat, we are talking a major impact guy that can make a huge difference. Last transfer with that much juice defensively would of been Redfield.

Comment

• Originally posted by Iupgh View Post

That has been rumored for a while and oh boy if they can land that cat, we are talking a major impact guy that can make a huge difference. Last transfer with that much juice defensively would of been Redfield.
                                Shepherd also offered him. I guess we will see who can close the deal. I'd assume money has to be tight for both programs at this stage.

But, yeah, he'd be a MAJOR addition.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X