• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Matt Burglund View Post

Yes and nothing.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

Look up Jack Davis Jr.

A book on the topic came out a couple years ago and the story also appeared on Unsolved Mysteries.

Comment

• That was the most famous example but IUP and Indiana in that era allegedly kept lots of things out of the headlines.

Comment

That was the most famous example but IUP and Indiana in that era allegedly kept lots of things out of the headlines.
          Last edited by IUPNation; 07-15-2022, 02:01 PM.

Comment

• The building is mostly labs, so math/ comp sciwill stay in stright .

Comment

• Originally posted by ironmaniup View Post

The building is mostly labs, so math/ comp sciwill stay in stright .
              I wonder if there are any plans for the footprint once Weyandt is torn down.

Comment

• You should make the trip. I think IUP, despite no Week 1, goes up there as the favorite in Las Vegas.

Tort road teams are a mo fo to deal with ... we all know Tort home teams have a tendency to sleepwalk.

That pounding they put on SRU last year ... no idea where that came from. I'd love to hear that pregame speech. Or, thank Chad Kuhn.

#handsomely
                Last edited by IUPbigINDIANS; 07-16-2022, 07:18 PM.

Comment

Weyandt was a relic 25 years ago. Although, of course, it is the site of one of the great campus mysteries.

Comment

• Yeah ... same here.

Those steps are steep. And, you have to envision campus at that time.

If you really get in to the case ... it stinks something fierce.

Changing subjects for a moment ... the building Jimmy went to elementary (name slips me) ... I assume it will stay, correct?

Comment

You should make the trip. I think IUP, despite no Week 1, goes up there as the favorite in Las Vegas.

Tort road teams are a mo fo to deal with ... we all know Tort home teams have a tendency to sleepwalk.

That pounding they put on SRU last year ... no idea where that came from. I'd love to hear that pregame speech. Or, thank Chad Kuhn.

#handsomely

Comment

Yeah ... same here.

Those steps are steep. And, you have to envision campus at that time.

If you really get in to the case ... it stinks something fierce.

Changing subjects for a moment ... the building Jimmy went to elementary (name slips me) ... I assume it will stay, correct?

Comment

• Pretty sure Jimmy attended the "model school" in Keith Hall which was the Social Science building (including my Econ major classes). I believe that building is no more. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Comment

• Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post

Pretty sure Jimmy attended the "model school" in Keith Hall which was the Social Science building (including my Econ major classes). I believe that building is no more. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Comment

• I think that is correct then. Traditionally, the lore was that it was Keith Hall but after comparing the two links below I think it must have been called the Keith Model School (named after the Normal School President) but it was at Wilson Hall. Therein lies the confusion. Somebody should correct the Wikipedia entry. I'm all for historical accuracy.https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...ylvania_people

MG200Stewart.pdf (iup.edu)

Comment

• Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post

Pretty sure Jimmy attended the "model school" in Keith Hall which was the Social Science building (including my Econ major classes). I believe that building is no more. Correct me if I'm wrong.
                                Keith Hall is were most of my classes were held, largely in a basement seminar room. The building was demolished, and there were many people upset over the historic loss.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X