Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by EdinboroFB View Post
    Looks like both SRU and IUP HC's picked Cal instead of picking the other 1st.
    Voting for Slimey is a no no.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
      IUP Football tweeted they have an announcement coming today.

Those silly teasers over there lol.
      So. What was it?

Comment

Let's get this roster released.

Comment

• When does IUP report to camp?

Comment

• Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post

When does IUP report to camp?

Comment

• Comment

• Sexton has two years so as mentioned signing a (quality) backup transfer wasn't going to be easy.

Awful news on Grubbs. He's certainly one of the top punters in D2.

Comment

• Why would he have had to sit a year coming from Bryant?

Comment

• Grubbs is a big loss. I'm sure one of the younger guys can step up but Grubbs is special at this level. Some games it won't make a difference but in big games he could change the game with a punt.

As far as backup QB I'm still not sure why there is little confidence in the others guys who have been in the program. As I remember reading, the kid from Colorado might have a lot of potential but the team he played for in Colorado actually competed at the JV level because they were just reinstating the program or something. Plus, I think he moved around a lot and doesn't really have a strong pedigree on paper. However, I trust Tort who says he's pretty good.

Comment

Grubbs is a big loss. I'm sure one of the younger guys can step up but Grubbs is special at this level. Some games it won't make a difference but in big games he could change the game with a punt.

As far as backup QB I'm still not sure why there is little confidence in the others guys who have been in the program. As I remember reading, the kid from Colorado might have a lot of potential but the team he played for in Colorado actually competed at the JV level because they were just reinstating the program or something. Plus, I think he moved around a lot and doesn't really have a strong pedigree on paper. However, I trust Tort who says he's pretty good.
                      He played last year at The Kiski School.

They fluctuate with talent from year to year but typically have a lot of it. They also typically have some post-grad players.

Being that is only about 30 minutes from IUP, I'm sure they got to see him in person. They play similar private prep schools and the competition is fairly high.

They have to be smart with Sexton ... i.e. no stat-padding in blowouts, etc. If that means he sits the 4th quarter so be it.

Comment

He played last year at The Kiski School.

They fluctuate with talent from year to year but typically have a lot of it. They also typically have some post-grad players.

Being that is only about 30 minutes from IUP, I'm sure they got to see him in person. They play similar private prep schools and the competition is fairly high.

They have to be smart with Sexton ... i.e. no stat-padding in blowouts, etc. If that means he sits the 4th quarter so be it.
                        Actually, I looked up some clips of Marchitelli and he does look real good. Extremely athletic with a big arm. Seems like IUP is developing a QB Connection.

https://www.maxpreps.com/athlete/nico-marchitelli/d1nF5m2rEeeT-Oz0u-e-FA/default.htm

Comment

Actually, I looked up some clips of Marchitelli and he does look real good. Extremely athletic with a big arm. Seems like IUP is developing a QB Connection.

https://www.maxpreps.com/athlete/nico-marchitelli/d1nF5m2rEeeT-Oz0u-e-FA/default.htm

Posted above is from an all-star game at Cowboys Stadium. Below is from Kiski. He looks good.

https://www.maxpreps.com/athlete/nic...FA/default.htm

Comment

This will be a good test case to the above conversation. If Sexton is as advertised, Marchitelli will likely have to sit the next two years before perhaps taking over.

The tricky thing in this era is getting him to stay for two years before playing. I assume he redshirts this year although he could still dress as the emergency QB. I believe they can dress but if you take one snap it then counts as a game played.

Reading between the quotes in the paper I get the vibe they aren't real warm/fuzzy with the other QBs on the roster.

I know they put the QBs in different color 'no hit' jerseys for camp/practice. They may want to put Sexton in a bubble.

Comment

• Am I to assume that the DL that Tort is hoping to sign is the kid from Cal?

Comment

This will be a good test case to the above conversation. If Sexton is as advertised, Marchitelli will likely have to sit the next two years before perhaps taking over.

The tricky thing in this era is getting him to stay for two years before playing. I assume he redshirts this year although he could still dress as the emergency QB. I believe they can dress but if you take one snap it then counts as a game played.

Reading between the quotes in the paper I get the vibe they aren't real warm/fuzzy with the other QBs on the roster.

I know they put the QBs in different color 'no hit' jerseys for camp/practice. They may want to put Sexton in a bubble.
                                Right. However, if you watch that all-star game clip Marchitelli can really run. I could see them using both of them. Should be interesting.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X