Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've heard SRU's band the last couple days. They sound good as ever.

Comment

• This morning, Jack did a little blurb on the 'newcomers to watch' this season. He mentioned three players.

* Parker Gregg seems to be the (true) freshman darling of camp so far. He's a big RB at 6'1", 210 lbs. Interesting stat: last year he ran for more than 1,000 yards and also went over 1,000 yards receiving.

* Omar Stewart Jr. is a WR from Farrell High School. He's listed at 6'1", 185 lbs., and is a burner. Extremely athletic. The older crowd may remember his Dad, Omar Stewart, who played at IUP in the mid-90s.

* Logan Danielson / DL. Recall he was actually part of the 2019 class (and considered perhaps the jewel of that class). He took a redshirt in '19, then the Covid season and (I forget why) had to sit out last year). So, he's technically a redshirt freshman. This dude is a monster. He was heavily recruiting coming out of WPIAL powerhouse Thomas Jefferson and was on the 2018 Post-Gazette Fabulous 22. He's about 6'2", 270 lbs. Extremely strong player and very fast for his size.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
        This morning, Jack did a little blurb on the 'newcomers to watch' this season. He mentioned three players.

* Parker Gregg seems to be the (true) freshman darling of camp so far. He's a big RB at 6'1", 210 lbs. Interesting stat: last year he ran for more than 1,000 yards and also went over 1,000 yards receiving.

* Omar Stewart Jr. is a WR from Farrell High School. He's listed at 6'1", 185 lbs., and is a burner. Extremely athletic. The older crowd may remember his Dad, Omar Stewart, who played at IUP in the mid-90s.

* Logan Danielson / DL. Recall he was actually part of the 2019 class (and considered perhaps the jewel of that class). He took a redshirt in '19, then the Covid season and (I forget why) had to sit out last year). So, he's technically a redshirt freshman. This dude is a monster. He was heavily recruiting coming out of WPIAL powerhouse Thomas Jefferson and was on the 2018 Post-Gazette Fabulous 22. He's about 6'2", 270 lbs. Extremely strong player and very fast for his size.
        I took a look at the roster on the IUP website and it looks like somebody started working on it. It seems to be partially updated. It still says Spring 2022 but some of the incoming freshmen and transfers are listed. The players' class has been updated but rumored position changes aren't updated and players rumored to be not on the roster are on the roster. I hope to see the final version soon. Kick-off is 3 weeks from tomorrow,

Comment

This morning, Jack did a little blurb on the 'newcomers to watch' this season. He mentioned three players.

Comment

• Was Gerald Brown there?

Comment

• Very good reporting!

Comment

Was Gerald Brown there?
                No.
                http://www.indianagazette.com
                www.twitter.com/MattBurglund

Comment

Was Gerald Brown there?
                  They have till Monday right?

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPalum View Post

They have till Monday right?
                    He's staying at Cal. That was a complicated issue.

Comment

He's staying at Cal. That was a complicated issue.
                      Having to stay in the Mon Valley seems like a punishment.

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt Burglund View Post

Glenn is not on the roster. I don't know how Woody fits into their plans.

From what I have seen and heard at practice, they are high on a true freshman, Parker Gregg.

Houser looks healthy and ready to roll. Stewart has lost some weight but seems more explosive.
                        Just took a look at the roster ( https://iupathletics.com/sports/football/roster/2022 ) . When you select "2022 Football Roster" and click "Go", the page title shows "2022 Spring Football Roster".

I do notice that Terrence Glenn is listed as a RB.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShoNuff View Post

Just took a look at the roster ( https://iupathletics.com/sports/football/roster/2022 ) . When you select "2022 Football Roster" and click "Go", the page title shows "2022 Spring Football Roster".

I'm not sure what's happening there. It's either a mistake or he's been added to the roster in the past two days. He wasn't at practice Wednesday morning, nor was he on the roster I got from Tort (also Wednesday).
                          http://www.indianagazette.com
                          www.twitter.com/MattBurglund

Comment

• Originally posted by ShoNuff View Post

Its probably a mistake, due to someone editing the roster, and it being posted prematurely. I also see Dajour Fisher and Dylan Grubbs listed. While having them would be great, I don't think they are on the Roster this year either.

Comment

• Originally posted by ironmaniup View Post
                              Its probably a mistake, due to someone editing the roster, and it being posted prematurely. I also see Dajour Fisher and Dylan Grubbs listed. While having them would be great, I don't think they are on the Roster this year either.
                              This is the fewest amount of transfers on the roster in a long, long time.

Comment

• Originally posted by ironmaniup View Post
                                I don't believe Fisher was on the posted roster until yesterday. So, yes, it remains a mystery.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X