Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I hope the 2022 roster is updated and finalized tomorrow. Is it late or are we just too anxious for the season to be underway?

Is Dajour Fisher a mirage or is he back? He would help on the DL. I think he has a year of eligibility left. He may have graduated but they have him listed as a grad student.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
      Tis the season
      I guess I get it. It must be tough to have nothing to be excited about every fall, or to not have a team of your own to talk about.

Comment

• Neither Glenn nor Fisher are on the team. The rest of the posted roster is correct.
        http://www.indianagazette.com
        www.twitter.com/MattBurglund

Comment

• I agree that the QB room seems inexperienced. Sexton seems like a legit talent but eventually Tort needs to develop himself a QB. Can't live and die by the transfer QB mercenary. It never really worked out for Cal. SRU a bit, yes, but they might be the exception.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post
            I agree that the QB room seems inexperienced. Sexton seems like a legit talent but eventually Tort needs to develop himself a QB. Can't live and die by the transfer QB mercenary. It never really worked out for Cal. SRU a bit, yes, but they might be the exception.
            Tort's had a good run with transfer QBs. Maxwell and Woodberry were very solid. Lenny was technically a transfer although he was here four years.

Nice thing with Sexton is he's here two years (unlike Maxwell and Woodberry). Larry Wilson should be a very nice addition in regards to working with the QBs.

I have no problems with transfer QBs. They cost a lot but as long as you get them in for Spring Ball they have plenty of time to learn the offense, etc.

But, I'd certainly agree the elephant in the room is the backup QB. They may have one they like ... we just don't know. It has to be the hardest position to recruit at IUP with their reputation of bringing in transfers year after year.

They have the kid from Brookville (Krug) who has a year in the system (redshirt). Horn has been here forever. I assume he's probably the No. 2. The other freshman is the kid from Kiski Prep. He did post-grad at KP so he's a bit older than a normal freshman.

Here's to hoping we don't have to find out who the No. 2 QB actually is this season. Sexton has a very experienced and nasty OL in front of him. He has a history of liking to run a bit, which obviously increases risk for QBs.

Let's not forget Woodberry missed the first two games last year after failing his Covid test. Not sure if they are testing this year or not in D2. IUP was lucky to have a quality backup to at least split those first two very difficult games (Kutz and Shep).
            Last edited by IUPbigINDIANS; 08-22-2022, 09:29 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt Burglund View Post
              Neither Glenn nor Fisher are on the team. The rest of the posted roster is correct.
              The roster is updated and "Spring" has been removed.

The team looks solid across the board. I think the OL may be the strongest link (and that's a good thing). They basically replace Dauberman with Comedy (not sure of everybody's exact positions) while the rest of the group is 1 year more experienced and I think they have a little more depth.

The DL is real strong in terms of the starters. However, if it is like in past years they will rotate a number of players there, so I think some of the incoming freshmen will see a lot of playing time. A couple of them arrive highly-touted. It will be interesting to see who earns the punting duties.

Comment

• Comment

I agree that the QB room seems inexperienced. Sexton seems like a legit talent but eventually Tort needs to develop himself a QB. Can't live and die by the transfer QB mercenary. It never really worked out for Cal. SRU a bit, yes, but they might be the exception.
                  Remember Sexton 2 years remaining, freshman they are really high on. He is holder and a major run threat Tebow style.

Comment

• Those Golden Eagles will get their yearly beating soon enough.

Comment

• Originally posted by Iupgh View Post

Remember Sexton 2 years remaining, freshman they are really high on. He is holder and a major run threat Tebow style.
                      That's good about Sexton - unless it doesn't work out then they're in for a wild ride. Inexperienced underclassmen can be good. But my concerns stand, if Sexton goes down or if he's more Bo Napoleon than Harry Football, you've got 3 guys who have never thrown a pass...plus half the QB room came from TINY high schools.

Comment

That's good about Sexton - unless it doesn't work out then they're in for a wild ride. Inexperienced underclassmen can be good. But my concerns stand, if Sexton goes down or if he's more Bo Napoleon than Harry Football, you've got 3 guys who have never thrown a pass...plus half the QB room came from TINY high schools.
                        We'll get to see him in a couple of weeks. I am not concerned about the QB position.

Comment

• Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post

We'll get to see him in a couple of weeks. I am not concerned about the QB position.
                          I'm not either. He's coming from a much better league. I expect him to be on the level with Maxwell and Harry Football.

He has so many weapons he doesn't need to be Dan Marino circa 1986 slinging 70 passes a game.

They will be real hard to score on this year. If Sexton gets 21-24 points a game they will be hard to beat.

The offense gets the buzz on here but that D may be special this year. Those DBs are going through camp against very talented receivers.

Comment

• Sometimes I give you Indiana guys too much credit. Just when I thought this group was above taking the bait you come back in a big way. Always amusing seeing how delicate you all are, thanks for the laugh but I promise that's my last one. I only give myself one a year at this point to get things heated up once we are a couple weeks out. In all seriousness I would be a little concerned with the drop off. QB1 is a stud, he visited Clarion before IUP and I knew it was a long shot but really hoped we'd find a way to land him. Really love what he brings to the table but you can watch practice for all of about 5 minutes and see the drop off is significant if you can't keep him upright. Either way, a lot of talent on the field for sure, should be primed for another underachieving year...lol ok I'm done.

Expectations are historically low in Clarion...or maybe that's just what we want you all to believe! I'm a big CU supporter for sure but I love PSAC football and have ties to a few teams in the west and one in the east so I keep an eye on everything. Regardless of how Clarion performs I'm pumped to have PSAC football back in just a couple short weeks. At least for those of us who schedule an 11th game.

to the guy that said they didn't even practice Saturday...9-11 bro at the dumpster fire you call Miller Stadium. better take another look at your camp schedule sunshine. I know that IUP education is sus but come on man

Comment

• Originally posted by CUlater View Post
                              Sometimes I give you Indiana guys too much credit. Just when I thought this group was above taking the bait you come back in a big way. Always amusing seeing how delicate you all are, thanks for the laugh but I promise that's my last one. I only give myself one a year at this point to get things heated up once we are a couple weeks out. In all seriousness I would be a little concerned with the drop off. QB1 is a stud, he visited Clarion before IUP and I knew it was a long shot but really hoped we'd find a way to land him. Really love what he brings to the table but you can watch practice for all of about 5 minutes and see the drop off is significant if you can't keep him upright. Either way, a lot of talent on the field for sure, should be primed for another underachieving year...lol ok I'm done.

Expectations are historically low in Clarion...or maybe that's just what we want you all to believe! I'm a big CU supporter for sure but I love PSAC football and have ties to a few teams in the west and one in the east so I keep an eye on everything. Regardless of how Clarion performs I'm pumped to have PSAC football back in just a couple short weeks. At least for those of us who schedule an 11th game.

to the guy that said they didn't even practice Saturday...9-11 bro at the dumpster fire you call Miller Stadium. better take another look at your camp schedule sunshine. I know that IUP education is sus but come on man
                              They've lost 16 in a row. One win is a positive step.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

They've lost 16 in a row. One win is a positive step.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X