Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

They made a HUGE upgrade in that position. This guy should be a HC.

Now they just have to get Anthony Leonard back here (former DL coach now at Fordham). He should be the next DC.
    This hasn’t been talked about for a while but I totally agree. It was already addition by subtraction simply due to the knucklehead “resigning” after his tough guy move that got him a set of matching bracelets from the law. Then to add Wilson with his experience and track record, he’s probably going to be the most impactful transfer of the off-season.

Comment

They made a HUGE upgrade in that position. This guy should be a HC.

Now they just have to get Anthony Leonard back here (former DL coach now at Fordham). He should be the next DC.
      Maybe he came because he is next in line…

Comment

• Originally posted by Iupgh View Post

Should be 20-1 on road was flat out robbed at Cal in 2018 to the tune the referee crew was suspended 2 games due the calls overturning 2 IUP Touchdowns. I will take 38-9 with garbage facilities and can’t get guys in admissions gang.

You just dropped a great point many don't know about ... President TItanic has blocked several high-profile transfers.

I won't drop a name, but I'm sure those following along this summer can figure it out.

On one hand, great, he's not allowing criminals. Tort lost a couple potential stud transfers to 'walk-on u' because the Driz said no.

It's amazing one 'state school' says yes and another says no.

And, yes, they've rejected a couple in admissions. Which ... is amazing. If you can spell your name the PASSHE schools will accept you.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ram040506 View Post

It's a hell of a record. Tort is a damn good coach. McCook at Shepherd is entering year 5 with 3 seasons accumulating at 30-8 for a total record (31-8 if we are counting the spring game vs Mercyhurst). Shepherd fans have been thrilled as IUP should be about Tort.
          Tort is also the fastest coach in IUP history to 30 wins. IUP is lucky to have him.

Comment

You just dropped a great point many don't know about ... President TItanic has blocked several high-profile transfers.

I won't drop a name, but I'm sure those following along this summer can figure it out.

On one hand, great, he's not allowing criminals. Tort lost a couple potential stud transfers to 'walk-on u' because the Driz said no.

It's amazing one 'state school' says yes and another says no.

And, yes, they've rejected a couple in admissions. Which ... is amazing. If you can spell your name the PASSHE schools will accept you.
            For many recruits, team membership is the biggest part of the admissions process. If their spot/offer isn't guaranteed then they aren't coming.

From an admissions standard, they can't deny admission based on criminal record. Its state law about access to public education. But they can deny someone a spot in the dorms or tell them they can only attend online.

But for acceptances, its in the eye of the beholder. The bottom line is we need students. If they see potential for the student to succeed and are on track to have a HS diploma or GED, its likely they'll be admitted. Admit % is relative. All schools don't have the same applicant pool, so its not like Carnegie Mellon's 17% admit rate is from the same pool as IUP's 94% rate. CMU is desirable enough they can limit spots and make it competitive. Its likely that 99.9% of their applicants would be accepted to IUP whereas maybe 2-5% of IUP's admits would get in to CMU. CMU probably attracts a pool of almost all high GPA, high test score students where IUP probably gets a more traditional bell curve where the ends are mostly local kids with limited scope or mobility.

FWIW, Slippery Rock's admission rate is the only in PASSHE below 80%.

Admit Rate Source: US Dept of Education

Comment

• Offset is headlining the Homecoming Concert ... with opener Young Nudy.

$35 for students. $55 for townies.

Comment

• Who on the board is making the trip to East Stroudsburg?

Comment

• Originally posted by IUP PSAC Fan View Post
                  Who on the board is making the trip to East Stroudsburg?
                  I'd like to go. However finding a tag-along for a 4.5 hour trip to watch a D2 game isn't appealing to most. I'd say 50/50 right now.

Comment

Offset is headlining the Homecoming Concert ... with opener Young Nudy.

$35 for students. $55 for townies.
                    Who?

Comment

I'd like to go. However finding a tag-along for a 4.5 hour trip to watch a D2 game isn't appealing to most. I'd say 50/50 right now.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPNation View Post

Who?
                        He was in Migos and is married to Cardi B. Duh.

Actually I just googled that.

Comment

• Comment

• Volleyball won their opener, 3-1, against East Stroudsburg. Big win.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

He was in Migos and is married to Cardi B. Duh.

Actually I just googled that.
                              LOL!!

Comment

• Only if you are putting out a huge Bro Tailgate.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X