Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Projecting 66 and partly sunny for the opener.

That's certainly one advantage of having your first home game in Week 4.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUP PSAC Fan View Post

Stewart is the best Running Back in the whole region. Tell me who is better.
      Ronnie Brown

Comment

• Originally posted by WarriorVoice View Post

I have never backed down from a bully, and don't plan on it!
        You are being the bully with your hate and accusations that you didn’t back up.

Did your Boy Scouts clean the visitor locker room before they left Greensburg. Hopefully you brought your own cleaning supplies too.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ram040506 View Post

Ronnie Brown
          I agree with you, but only when he's being used.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ram040506 View Post

Ronnie Brown
            Brown is a proven player. Stewart might be that good, but hasn’t proven it like Brown. Brown’s resume is far more complete as of right now. That’s a long way of saying I agree with you.
            Last edited by EyeoftheHawk; 09-19-2022, 03:37 AM.

Comment

• What is the status on Q. Carter? Any idea when he'll return?

Comment

• Tort quote (postgame):

"I'm not real happy at all," he said. "Too many penalties, too many turnovers ... third and short yardage we can't make first downs ... too many busts on defense. I mean, I could go on and on and on. This team has a lot to work on."

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
                  Tort quote (postgame):

"I'm not real happy at all," he said. "Too many penalties, too many turnovers ... third and short yardage we can't make first downs ... too many busts on defense. I mean, I could go on and on and on. This team has a lot to work on."
                  Well, identifying problems is the first step.

Comment

• Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post

Well, identifying problems is the first step.

Yeah, he sure didn't sound like the coach who just won.

I suspect Mercyhurst will give them a decent test this weekend -- at least for a bit.

This certainly has 'trap game' written all over it. Everybody knows SRU and Cal are up next. Add to it the Miller Stadium 'fog' IUP appears to play in at home.

IUP was its own worst enemy this past Saturday. If they can get some little things cleaned up they just may shape in to a pretty strong team.

Mercyhurst beat up two tomato cans to start the season. The same Kutztown team that got shutout in Week 1 just hung 50 on them in Erie. On paper I'd say IUP is heavily favored but Tort teams sure make me nervous in their own stadium.

Comment

• Tort confirmed on his show last night that Houser 'tweaked' his hamstring on his TD run. He said it wasn't too bad and he is hopeful he'll be ready to go Saturday.

It also sounds like Q. Carter is getting pretty close to returning.

Comment

• This quote really stood out in the Gazette game article:

“We keep harping on the guys to keep their hands off them,” Tortorella said. “We say to keep everyone in front of you. I don’t know how they don’t see it. You don’t have to be a football coach to see it. They’re getting beat and then chasing after guys. If I were coaching against us, I’d just throw deep the whole game because right now, it’s either going to be a completion or pass interference. We better get it fixed.”

Well, they are going to face some gunslingers here in the coming weeks.

Comment

This quote really stood out in the Gazette game article:

“We keep harping on the guys to keep their hands off them,” Tortorella said. “We say to keep everyone in front of you. I don’t know how they don’t see it. You don’t have to be a football coach to see it. They’re getting beat and then chasing after guys. If I were coaching against us, I’d just throw deep the whole game because right now, it’s either going to be a completion or pass interference. We better get it fixed.”

Don't let them get past you. It's not hard!

Comment

This quote really stood out in the Gazette game article:

A subtle indictment of his co-DC who on paper coaches DBs?

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPalum View Post

Don't let them get past you. It's not hard!
                              The part about just throwing deep made me laugh ... not your common 'coach speak'.

But, yes, they better get it fixed. Quickly. Film is out now. They may see an air show in the coming weeks.

Comment

• Stat to keep an eye on for this week:

IUP is the most penalized team in the PSAC (100 yards per game).

Mercyhurst is among the least penalized teams at just 44 yards per game.

After two weeks I'd say being the road team probably got IUP a couple extra flags it likely wouldnt have got at Miller. But, nonetheless.

A hundo per game can't happen anymore.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X