Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
    Stat to keep an eye on for this week:

IUP is the most penalized team in the PSAC (100 yards per game).

Mercyhurst is among the least penalized teams at just 44 yards per game.

After two weeks I'd say being the road team probably got IUP a couple extra flags it likely wouldnt have got at Miller. But, nonetheless.

A hundo per game can't happen anymore.
    Great point!

Comment

After two weeks I'd say being the road team probably got IUP a couple extra flags it likely wouldnt have got at Miller. But, nonetheless.

It’s a conspiracy engineered by The Home Office in Lock Haven. :-)

Comment

• Always enjoy the police reports this time of year. The Wayne Ave (7th St) Sheetz had a patron urinate behind its checkout counter at 130am Saturday. Keep in mind, one has to jump the counter to get back there.

Kind of a hard one to explain when you're captured on 30 cameras.

God Bless those who work the Graveyard Shift at that location.

Comment

I'd be interested in where IUP has ranked going back maybe in the Tort era and then maybe 10 years. I feel like IUP is frequently one of the most penalized teams.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

I'd be interested in where IUP has ranked going back maybe in the Tort era and then maybe 10 years. I feel like IUP is frequently one of the most penalized teams.
            It’s an addendum to the original IUP Rule that IUP
            must be penalized the most every season.

:-)

Comment

Always enjoy the police reports this time of year. The Wayne Ave (7th St) Sheetz had a patron urinate behind its checkout counter at 130am Saturday. Keep in mind, one has to jump the counter to get back there.

Wawa workers in some sections of Philly and Delco say suck it up buttercups. :-)

Comment

Always enjoy the police reports this time of year. The Wayne Ave (7th St) Sheetz had a patron urinate behind its checkout counter at 130am Saturday. Keep in mind, one has to jump the counter to get back there.

That's the worst that's happening? I think IUP is in good shape then with the direction this country is going.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPalum View Post

That's the worst that's happening? I think IUP is in good shape then with the direction this country is going.
                  You should hear why they cancelled the post-victory hot dog deals!

Comment

The league is a flag fest. Tort’s 2017 team had I believe a few games with zero and one penalties. Shepherd / Cal game last week had 238 combined penalty yards with another 10 declined. Now u tell me the refs don’t have issues. They are over officiating instead of just calling the OBVIOUS FOULS…Referring 101…just sayin

Comment

You should hear why they cancelled the post-victory hot dog deals!
                      They ran out of horses.

Comment

• Originally posted by Iupgh View Post
                        The league is a flag fest. Tort’s 2017 team had I believe a few games with zero and one penalties. Shepherd / Cal game last week had 238 combined penalty yards with another 10 declined. Now u tell me the refs don’t have issues. They are over officiating instead of just calling the OBVIOUS FOULS…Referring 101…just sayin
                        The refs then have to deliberate after each call. On the game tying field goal Shep had 4.2 seconds to snap the ball once the clock was started. The ref told the long snapper to take his hands off the ball until the clock started. The LS refused and snapped the call when he heard the whistle blow. Smart move!

Comment

• Originally posted by Iupgh View Post

Add to it not all crews are created equal. That, my mind, is the biggest headache.

In basketball, the IUP fans know the crews. Granted, they are much closer to the fans. So, I can tell you before tip-off how the game is going to go -- i.e. will they be allowed to play or will there be a foul called every 30 seconds. The inconsistency from one crew to the next is mind-baffling. It drives coaches bonkers.

Some of these officials actually think we are there to see them.

The first thing I do now is look back after any big play ... I'm almost expecting to see the yellow flag on the field.

Other side of the coin, I suppose, is the rules have tightened up soooooooooo much in football. Depending on ones age, things that were 'normal' plays 20 years ago are penalties now.

Comment

• YEAR PENALTY YARDS PER GAME PSAC RANK
                            22 100 LAST
                            21 81.2 14th
                            19 89.8 13th
                            18 70.4 6th
                            17 75.4 11th
                            16 62.5 7th
                            15 70.5 5th
                            14 73.6 12th
                            13 91.6 LAST
                            12 78.7 14th
                            Amazingly, the 2018 team -- by far Tort's most undisciplined -- had one of the lowest numbers. I'd also bet a huge chuck of those (2018) came from the kickoff coverage unit. That group had more stupid personal fouls than I've ever seen.

Obviously, Tort's last two teams (19 and 21) had high numbers.

Comment

YEAR PENALTY YARDS PER GAME PSAC RANK
                              22 100 LAST
                              21 81.2 14th
                              19 89.8 13th
                              18 70.4 6th
                              17 75.4 11th
                              16 62.5 7th
                              15 70.5 5th
                              14 73.6 12th
                              13 91.6 LAST
                              12 78.7 14th
                              Amazingly, the 2018 team -- by far Tort's most undisciplined -- had one of the lowest numbers. I'd also bet a huge chuck of those (2018) came from the kickoff coverage unit. That group had more stupid personal fouls than I've ever seen.

Obviously, Tort's last two teams (19 and 21) had high numbers.
                              Thanks for running that. I guess penalties are just something you have to live with but jeez that's a free giveaway of 75-100 yards a game.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ramhead View Post

The refs then have to deliberate after each call. On the game tying field goal Shep had 4.2 seconds to snap the ball once the clock was started. The ref told the long snapper to take his hands off the ball until the clock started. The LS refused and snapped the call when he heard the whistle blow. Smart move!
                                Those refs seemed to like the attention. I tell you one call that went Shepherd's way. Cal looked to have maybe completed a pass inside the 5 in OT. The side judge runs down to the spot with hand up like he is going to signal catch and mark the ball. He gets to the spot, pauses for dramatic effect and then signals incomplete. He gained no more knowledge or information with his 20-yard run down the sideline, but it seemed like he sure wanted everyone to know that he was making the call.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X