Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just remember, nothing is going to get the team more excited tomorrow than looking up in to the stands and seeing all the fans wearing IUP gear from the CO-OP Store.

So, go buy a couple $50 tee-shirts today and do your part.

Comment

• yes, Lowery (QB) should play Sat against IUP. I've saw a variety of teams this season so far. MU passing looks a little weak with davison out. Running game and offensive line has improved over last year. I expect IUP to score 50, MU rarely travels well. Unrelated, been most impressed with Gannon over the other teams I've saw this season.

Comment

• Originally posted by playersdad View Post
        yes, Lowery (QB) should play Sat against IUP. I've saw a variety of teams this season so far. MU passing looks a little weak with davison out. Running game and offensive line has improved over last year. I expect IUP to score 50, MU rarely travels well. Unrelated, been most impressed with Gannon over the other teams I've saw this season.
        Mercyhurst usually brings its band to IUP.

They play actual football songs so it's a nice diversion from the IUP symphony orchestra.

Comment

• Matt's article in the IG below. Note that Houser, Carter, Comedy, and Suman are questionable for Saturday. Hopefully, they are all available for SRU. If Comedy doesn't go on Saturday, it will be interesting to see who starts in his place.

https://www.indianagazette.com/sport...fd60e5a25.html

Comment

• Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post
            Matt's article in the IG below. Note that Houser, Carter, Comedy, and Suman are questionable for Saturday. Hopefully, they are all available for SRU. If Comedy doesn't go on Saturday, it will be interesting to see who starts in his place.

https://www.indianagazette.com/sport...fd60e5a25.html
            Those aren't exactly pine-riders.

Comedy is a big problem. The OL is very thin beyond the starting group. I'd guess Carter will play. Sounds like he almost went last week.

You'd sure think if Houser goes they'll be extremely careful with him -- i.e. very few carries. I'd love to see him get through one game. It would probably do wonders for his confidence.

Comment

• Several PSAC teams have very young or inexperienced lines due to Covid eligibility extensions. IUP is very fortunate to have a lot of their linemen as experienced returners. Would have made the season rather disastrous.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

They play actual football songs so it's a nice diversion from the IUP symphony orchestra.
                Well, there is a new Band director, and they are not an interim Director so they can make changes if they want. so maybe there's some hope, we'll see on Saturday.

https://www.wccsradio.com/2022/06/03...band-director/

Comment

Those aren't exactly pine-riders.

Comedy is a big problem. The OL is very thin beyond the starting group. I'd guess Carter will play. Sounds like he almost went last week.

You'd sure think if Houser goes they'll be extremely careful with him -- i.e. very few carries. I'd love to see him get through one game. It would probably do wonders for his confidence.
                  I think they have talented back ups on the OL. It's just that they haven't played much. If needed, I think they could move Shugarts back to offense.

Comment

• Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post

I think they have talented back ups on the OL. It's just that they haven't played much. If needed, I think they could move Shugarts back to offense.
                    They are stocked with young OL.

Biggest thing tomorrow is to avoid this Miller Stadium daze or fog or whatever the heck they want to call it.

Going back to last year, they've played four straight away from home.

They often looked (I'll be polite) disinterested at home last year. Hopefully that's in the past.

Comment

They are stocked with young OL.

Biggest thing tomorrow is to avoid this Miller Stadium daze or fog or whatever the heck they want to call it.

Going back to last year, they've played four straight away from home.

They often looked (I'll be polite) disinterested at home last year. Hopefully that's in the past.
                      Regardless of where they play, Sexton is a long way from home. I don't think the location is going to be a factor.

Comment

We have a new director. So maybe you will be surprised.

Comment

• Originally posted by ironmaniup View Post

Well, there is a new Band director, and they are not an interim Director so they can make changes if they want. so maybe there's some hope, we'll see on Saturday.

https://www.wccsradio.com/2022/06/03...band-director/
                          He has one strike against him already, the band withdrew from performing at the Collegiate Band Festival in Allentown tomorrow due to “transportation conflicts”. You mean every tour bus in the Yinzerlands are booked up?

There was a time when IUP was pretty much the main attraction at that event.

Not good.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPNation View Post

He has one strike against him already, the band withdrew from performing at the Collegiate Band Festival in Allentown tomorrow due to “transportation conflicts”. You mean every tour bus in the Yinzerlands are booked up?

There was a time when IUP was pretty much the main attraction at that event.

Not good.
                            They are on pace to just need a 15 passenger van ..
                            Not a bus.

Comment

• If they really wanted to get the funeral home up today ... they could play Cherokee when they introduced the 1993 team

Comment

If they really wanted to get the funeral home up today ... they could play Cherokee when they introduced the 1993 team
                                Cherokee is the ring tone on my phone.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X