• Show
Clear All

• 5300 attendance.

Comment

• Secondary still sucks!

Comment

• These refs certainly hate IUP.

Comment

• The Lake Show could probably shoot somebody on the field and the refs won't call a penalty...

Comment

• That's a wrap.

It's officially Slimey Pebble Week.

**** Slimey Pebble.

Comment

• It’s nice to see the band back in section E. They are giving out a TON of energy! They aren’t Dr. Casavant’s band, but a NEW IUP Marching Band. I’m excited to see more.

And, I didn’t hear Crimson Express. So, that’s a plus!

Comment

• Originally posted by TBK1015 View Post
                It’s nice to see the band back in section E. They are giving out a TON of energy! They aren’t Dr. Casavant’s band, but a NEW IUP Marching Band. I’m excited to see more.

And, I didn’t hear Crimson Express. So, that’s a plus!
                I was working during the first half so I didn't have the sound on..but I didn't hear it in the second half. Hopefully it left with it's creator or they buried it in the Oakland Cemetary.

As long as it's gone and we never have to suffer through it ever again is all that matters.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPNation View Post

Still waiting for some Ghostbusters!

They trashed Crimson Abomination right? Please tell me so...
                  No.

But, the 'busters are dead.

Comment

The Lake Show could probably shoot somebody on the field and the refs won't call a penalty...
                    They had two flags all day.

They are a scrappy team. I'll give them that. Their run defense was shredded Jason Vorhees style all day.

Sexton had a terrible start and then IUP realized they wouldn't have to pass much.

Houser better get back soon. He may get Wally Pipp'd by Younger.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

No.

But, the 'busters are dead.
                      I heard Hail IUP after the td's. When did they play the Abomination?

Just kill it. Everyone HATES it.

Comment

I heard Hail IUP after the td's. When did they play the Abomination?

Just kill it. Everyone HATES it.
                        I don't know. Maybe they didn't. I've just zoned them out so long I guess I don't know which is which. They played that zombie funeral song when they first took the field in pregame. I thought that was it

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

I don't know. Maybe they didn't. I've just zoned them out so long I guess I don't know which is which. They played that zombie funeral song when they first took the field in pregame. I thought that was it
                          Hopefully the new guy reads this forum..and if you are.....

NO MORE CRIMSON ABOMINATION!!!!!!

HAIL IUP IS OKAY...BUT CHEROKEE IS MUCH BETTER.

...oh and never bail out of Allentown at the last second.

Comment

Hopefully the new guy reads this forum..and if you are.....

NO MORE CRIMSON ABOMINATION!!!!!!

HAIL IUP IS OKAY...BUT CHEROKEE IS MUCH BETTER.

...oh and never bail out of Allentown at the last second.
                            I didn’t hear it, think it’s done. No more ghostbusters either all good. Bands a little bigger than last year. Definitely an improvement.

Comment

• Originally posted by ironmaniup View Post

I didn’t hear it, think it’s done. No more ghostbusters either all good. Bands a little bigger than last year. Definitely an improvement.
                              They didn't take the third quarter off. What a concept.

They also knew when to crank it when Mercyhurst had the ball.

Comment

• A lot of positives to take away from today.

1. The band was awesome. They were engaged from start to finish, had a shot song for every down when IUP was on defense, and didn’t take off the third quarter. They were also engaged as fans and it’s nice to have them back on the home side of the bleachers. A+ for the new band director. By the way, they announced “Hail Indiana” as the IUP fight song so I think that settles it. Good choice. I heard a short a few times based on Crimson Express, but that’s it. It’s clearly dead, and good riddance.

2. Excellent crowd for the first home game of the year. It was a perfect day for football so that didn’t hurt.

3. I like that the OC didn’t try to force the pass after the two bad picks and after seeing IUP was going to clearly own the line of scrimmage. The IUP O-line, minus the pre-snap penalties, was outstanding. They had Hurst on skates most of the game. Stewart is obviously very, very good, but give a lot of credit to the O-line. They were gashing Hurst for 15ish yard runs consistently.

4. Looks like Stewart is indeed special. To run for more than 250 yards and look as fresh as he still did in the fourth quarter was something. He appears durable and is every elusive. You aren’t going to bring him down with an arm tackle. Rock has a lot to prepare for next week.

5. Sexton clearly didn’t have it today, but he still thew three TDs to…who else…Duane Brown. Brown is an elite player and I hope IUP fans appreciate what they’re seeing there.

6. Defense was mostly good. Still too any receivers breaking free. The D-line looked dominant at times, but at others was giving up big runs. Several sacks was good. IUP almost never brought a linebacker, which says a lot for the front four. If you don’t need to blitz to get pressure, life is a lot easier.

7. The officiating was once again awful, particularly the guy on the Hurst sideline. He blew at least three calls among other mistakes. The first Hurst pass to the corner of the end zone early in the game was a TD that he called out of bounds. The later one was not a TD because the kid was bobbling the ball as he went out and he called it a TD. He also called holding on the kicking team on a kickoff? What?! He was also the reason for the clock having to be reset to 4:41 in the fourth quarter. He stopped the clock because apparently he mistook the back stick as the front stick and thought it was a first down. Just a disaster. He has no business on an NCAA officiating crew.

If IUP cleans up the penalties and runs the ball even half as well as this week, they’ll be in good shape against Slippery Rock.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X