Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by EyeoftheHawk View Post
    A lot of positives to take away from today.

1. The band was awesome. They were engaged from start to finish, had a shot song for every down when IUP was on defense, and didn’t take off the third quarter. They were also engaged as fans and it’s nice to have them back on the home side of the bleachers. A+ for the new band director. By the way, they announced “Hail Indiana” as the IUP fight song so I think that settles it. Good choice. I heard a short a few times based on Crimson Express, but that’s it. It’s clearly dead, and good riddance.

2. Excellent crowd for the first home game of the year. It was a perfect day for football so that didn’t hurt.

3. I like that the OC didn’t try to force the pass after the two bad picks and after seeing IUP was going to clearly own the line of scrimmage. The IUP O-line, minus the pre-snap penalties, was outstanding. They had Hurst on skates most of the game. Stewart is obviously very, very good, but give a lot of credit to the O-line. They were gashing Hurst for 15ish yard runs consistently.

4. Looks like Stewart is indeed special. To run for more than 250 yards and look as fresh as he still did in the fourth quarter was something. He appears durable and is every elusive. You aren’t going to bring him down with an arm tackle. Rock has a lot to prepare for next week.

5. Sexton clearly didn’t have it today, but he still thew three TDs to…who else…Duane Brown. Brown is an elite player and I hope IUP fans appreciate what they’re seeing there.

6. Defense was mostly good. Still too any receivers breaking free. The D-line looked dominant at times, but at others was giving up big runs. Several sacks was good. IUP almost never brought a linebacker, which says a lot for the front four. If you don’t need to blitz to get pressure, life is a lot easier.

7. The officiating was once again awful, particularly the guy on the Hurst sideline. He blew at least three calls among other mistakes. The first Hurst pass to the corner of the end zone early in the game was a TD that he called out of bounds. The later one was not a TD because the kid was bobbling the ball as he went out and he called it a TD. He also called holding on the kicking team on a kickoff? What?! He was also the reason for the clock having to be reset to 4:41 in the fourth quarter. He stopped the clock because apparently he mistook the back stick as the front stick and thought it was a first down. Just a disaster. He has no business on an NCAA officiating crew.

If IUP cleans up the penalties and runs the ball even half as well as this week, they’ll be in good shape against Slippery Rock.
    Best call -- perhaps ever -- in Miller.

That moron called a holding ... on the IUP kickoff coverage team.

You know ... they guy trying to tackle somebody. He was called for holding. Think about that.

Tort blew his lid. And, they discussed it pre-call for like 3 minutes.

They also blew one when Mercyhurst's WR with the dreads got into it with Taylor (No. 11). That was a bush league cheap shot. For a 'Catholic' team those Lakers do a lot of jawing. Lol.

I don't know what to make of Taylor yet. He's very aggressive ... no denying. But, he gets smoked some.

Comment

If IUP cleans up the penalties and runs the ball even half as well as this week, they’ll be in good shape against Slippery Rock.
      I had been thinking that IUP was a clear underdog next week but I'm watching SRU/SHU and now I am not too sure. It's a really sloppy game. SRU plays at twice the speed as SHU but they can't seem to execute in this game.

Comment

• Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post
        I had been thinking that IUP was a clear underdog next week but I'm watching SRU/SHU and now I am not too sure. It's a really sloppy game. SRU plays at twice the speed as SHU but they can't seem to execute in this game.

They both had the 'get it over with' blues.

Comment

• Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post

We hear this crap every year about SRU. They are a level above ... blah, blah, blah.

Heard it last year, too. How'd that work out?

They are good. But, ... so is IUP.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

We hear this crap every year about SRU. They are a level above ... blah, blah, blah.

Heard it last year, too. How'd that work out?

They are good. But, ... so is IUP.
            Seton Hill was a classic trap game. SRU wins next week. I just don't see it with this IUP team.

1) To many dumb plays from Mak.
            2) Secondary has a million issues.

Those two are a recipe for disaster.

Comment

A lot of positives to take away from today.

1. The band was awesome. They were engaged from start to finish, had a shot song for every down when IUP was on defense, and didn’t take off the third quarter. They were also engaged as fans and it’s nice to have them back on the home side of the bleachers. A+ for the new band director. By the way, they announced “Hail Indiana” as the IUP fight song so I think that settles it. Good choice. I heard a short a few times based on Crimson Express, but that’s it. It’s clearly dead, and good riddance.

2. Excellent crowd for the first home game of the year. It was a perfect day for football so that didn’t hurt.

3. I like that the OC didn’t try to force the pass after the two bad picks and after seeing IUP was going to clearly own the line of scrimmage. The IUP O-line, minus the pre-snap penalties, was outstanding. They had Hurst on skates most of the game. Stewart is obviously very, very good, but give a lot of credit to the O-line. They were gashing Hurst for 15ish yard runs consistently.

4. Looks like Stewart is indeed special. To run for more than 250 yards and look as fresh as he still did in the fourth quarter was something. He appears durable and is every elusive. You aren’t going to bring him down with an arm tackle. Rock has a lot to prepare for next week.

5. Sexton clearly didn’t have it today, but he still thew three TDs to…who else…Duane Brown. Brown is an elite player and I hope IUP fans appreciate what they’re seeing there.

6. Defense was mostly good. Still too any receivers breaking free. The D-line looked dominant at times, but at others was giving up big runs. Several sacks was good. IUP almost never brought a linebacker, which says a lot for the front four. If you don’t need to blitz to get pressure, life is a lot easier.

7. The officiating was once again awful, particularly the guy on the Hurst sideline. He blew at least three calls among other mistakes. The first Hurst pass to the corner of the end zone early in the game was a TD that he called out of bounds. The later one was not a TD because the kid was bobbling the ball as he went out and he called it a TD. He also called holding on the kicking team on a kickoff? What?! He was also the reason for the clock having to be reset to 4:41 in the fourth quarter. He stopped the clock because apparently he mistook the back stick as the front stick and thought it was a first down. Just a disaster. He has no business on an NCAA officiating crew.

May I add a few?

1. They won a home game.

2 They didn’t have any blocked punts.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPalum View Post

Seton Hill was a classic trap game. SRU wins next week. I just don't see it with this IUP team.

1) To many dumb plays from Mak.
                2) Secondary has a million issues.

Those two are a recipe for disaster.
                In particular the secondary, watching live you could see players looking lost, arguing and questioning one another. The coaches trying to get them better organized. Don’t know if it’s bad coaching or weak brains, I don’t know why hurst didn’t pass much more. But in a close game when they need to make a stop against a good passing team, They better get lucky

Comment

• Originally posted by ironmaniup View Post

In particular the secondary, watching live you could see players looking lost, arguing and questioning one another. The coaches trying to get them better organized. Don’t know if it’s bad coaching or weak brains, I don’t know why hurst didn’t pass much more. But in a close game when they need to make a stop against a good passing team, They better get lucky
                  BOTH... the secondary hasn't been good for a few years now.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPalum View Post

BOTH... the secondary hasn't been good for a few years now.
                    A team than can sling it is going to wreck havoc on IUP in the secondary.

Mercyhurst just missed some wide open players yesterday. It appears they aren't communicating very well.

Comment

• Vaughn Wallace didn't play (or dress) yesterday. What's the story there?

Comment

• Told you guys that Stewart is the best RB in the region.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUP PSAC Fan View Post
                          Told you guys that Stewart is the best RB in the region.
                          He certainly looked fantastic yesterday, but the IUP O-line manhandled the Hurst defensive front. I’m not taking anything away from Stewart who still broke a bunch of tackles and got several yards after contact, but the matchups up front next Saturday will be the true test. If he runs wild again you’ll have a solid argument.

Comment

• Maybe the Band Director saw the weather forecast for Allentown and said **** it. Not a good day for that event..

Comment

• Originally posted by IUP PSAC Fan View Post
                              Told you guys that Stewart is the best RB in the region.
                              He’s not, next!

Comment

• Keep reading about this great SRU defense ... do we really know that yet? SRU's 4 opponents have a combined 4-12 record (and two of them are winless). The best offense they've seen is West Chester and that bad boy is a work in progress to say the least.

IUP is going to be -- by far -- the best offense they've seen this year.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X